Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Adventure Flights Drop Rate?

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
Hi!

I have a few questions regarding to the Adventure Flights. I dont found any other thread about those adventure flight (maybe you know other threads?)

i regularly buy at duke's airship store some maps for the excavations flights to mesoamerica, ancient rome and stonehenge. today i flew 90 flights to mesoamerica with Golden Dice activated and i got just one Map Chest from mesoamerica??? i mean the drop rate is seldom and with golden dice it should be a bit better than seldom but for me it was more than a very poor droprate! i did several ql huntings with green maps and there is the drop rate very seldom but i regularly get way more dropping items there.

so i know the adventure flights are very important but with those bad drop rates it makes not that much fun to fly those adventure flights.. does anyone have a hint or tips for me to fly adventure maps easier than now? do i made some mistakes?

i really appreciate any help regarding those flights!

@slanghanger
Excavations: Mescoamerica
Excavations: Ancient Rome
Excavations: Stonehenge
Excavations: Ancient Egypt
Excavations: Ancient World
Excavations: Southern Europe
Excavations: Scandinavia
Excavations: Eastern Europe
Excavations: Oceania
Up to here i did not use any bonuses just i buy extra maps to complete other maps collection, I send them normal flights.
When i get the first maps:
Machu Picchu
Tollan
I active the maps 3 hours each and start send the flight my target to complete only 3 star I use only GD the drop start to be good after 2nd star.
Other maps is the same after 2nd star the drop is good
Tenochtitlan
Chichen Itza
Constantinople
Carthage
Veii
Ephesus
Merida
But if you looking to complete the 6 collectable buildings you to send more flights after you complete the stars this what will happen i dont think so you will complete every thing with 1 time.
I try to active the D with GD and Sky captain it was so bad only the GD work fine with me.
Now some players will keep flying to complete the 6th collectable building for me no i will come back later to do that just i have some buildings.
My strategy is different than others i am looking to complete the 3 stars always for any flight.

Hi!

I have a few questions regarding to the Adventure Flights. I dont found any other thread about those adventure flight (maybe you know other threads?)

i regularly buy at duke's airship store some maps for the excavations flights to mesoamerica, ancient rome and stonehenge. today i flew 90 flights to mesoamerica with Golden Dice activated and i got just one Map Chest from mesoamerica??? i mean the drop rate is seldom and with golden dice it should be a bit better than seldom but for me it was more than a very poor droprate! i did several ql huntings with green maps and there is the drop rate very seldom but i regularly get way more dropping items there.

so i know the adventure flights are very important but with those bad drop rates it makes not that much fun to fly those adventure flights.. does anyone have a hint or tips for me to fly adventure maps easier than now? do i made some mistakes?

I just buy the maps and fly them as I have the time. They don’t drop a ton but oven the maps are only 2000 coins each I don’t worry about it too much. I think @Pit1024 was the one mentioning a Spyglass may help but I haven’t tried that, but will next time I have a few hours to run a bunch and f maps

Once I have the maps though I do use the Dice bonus and a Sky Captain if I have one at the time. As others have said the Dice works better to get drops from those flights than other bonuses

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Hi!

I was feeling the same way until I started using Dice for the Excavation flights. Yes, the drop rate overall isn't what it used to be, but the Dice helps. Same goes for Golden Dice when actually flying the maps.

When flying the actual maps, I tend to speed them up for instant return and burn a lot of fuel ... but it's worked pretty well for me.

I've attached a screenshot of my Adventure progress thus far for reference.

* Special shout-out to @Bob1977 for the awesome file to plan and record game progress that can be found here: https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...ollections-with-a-file-upd-21-jul-2017.11608/

Attachments

• Adventure.gif
    Adventure.gif
    74.5 KB · Views: 109
Hi!

Try this thread.

https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/pardon-my-gripe.18987/

Tells you most of what you need to know. Search under adventure and you'd have found it. Its fairly recent!

Hi!

You should fly Excavation: ... destinations with Dice and the the five respective destinations with activated 6hrs map and GD.
What I do for Excavation: flights is to send all my planes before I go to bed to such destination, in the morning to activate Dice, accept all arriving planes and send them again to the same destinations. I use x1 Fuel Catalyst per flight so second wave of flights arrives while the Dice is still active. Alternatively after activating Dice you could send multiple flights with instant return. In first case you use multiple Dices and low fuel, in second case you use 1 Dice and much fuel.
Third option is to fly Excavations: destination without Dice, but then the drop rate will be I assume 1-2 maps per dozen flights.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
big thank to @Crashfree @Husam @Davescharf @PhactorPhil and @Madegwen59 for the fast answer concerning my problems! i will carefully read the other threads you all give me when i have some time. but it is quite clearly that i do it wrong with the dice and golden dice. i thought the golden dice is for all the adventure flights. but i'll try now with a dice for the excavations flights and then with a golden dice when i go for the maps himself :) hope this will have a better drop rate than today :)

when i speak with you guys here, how is it with the sky captain routes like antalya, pattaya, riga and so on. do i need there also a dice and not a golden dice for better drop rates?

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
You should fly Excavation: ... destinations with Dice and the the five respective destinations with activated 6hrs map and GD.
What I do for Excavation: flights is to send all my planes before I go to bed to such destination, in the morning to activate Dice, accept all arriving planes and send them again to the same destinations. I use x1 Fuel Catalyst per flight so second wave of flights arrives while the Dice is still active. Alternatively after activating Dice you could send multiple flights with instant return. In first case you use multiple Dices and low fuel, in second case you use 1 Dice and much fuel.
Third option is to fly Excavations: destination without Dice, but then the drop rate will be I assume 1-2 maps per dozen flights.
@Pit1024 thank you for your answer! so that was my big mistake.. i used golden dice for excavations flights.. got 1 map and made 90 flights.. really bad drop rate.. but i will try later this week with a dice so lets see if i got some more maps then :) i always use instant return of flights as i have more than enough fuel at the moment.

when i speak with you here, how is it with the sky captain routes like antalya, pattaya, riga and so on. do i need there also a dice and not a golden dice for better drop rates?

big thank to @Crashfree @Husam @Davescharf @PhactorPhil and @Madegwen59 for the fast answer concerning my problems! i will carefully read the other threads you all give me when i have some time. but it is quite clearly that i do it wrong with the dice and golden dice. i thought the golden dice is for all the adventure flights. but i'll try now with a dice for the excavations flights and then with a golden dice when i go for the maps himself :) hope this will have a better drop rate than today :)

when i speak with you guys here, how is it with the sky captain routes like antalya, pattaya, riga and so on. do i need there also a dice and not a golden dice for better drop rates?
Good luck and dont active these bonuses in same time your plan is good excavations flights with dice or without any bonus but will take more time (y)
GD with maps will be very good (y)

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
how is it with the sky captain routes like antalya, pattaya, riga and so on. do i need there also a dice and not a golden dice for better drop rates?

For the weekly alliance missions, the drops are collectible items, so you will want to use golden dice.

Personally, however, I wouldn't want to expend my GD on these flights/drops. In order to collect the A Midsummer's Night Dream, you will need to fly to a ton flights and to get drops for multiple destinations ... and I have enough of a challenge completing more than one destination per week as it is.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
I just did a run on excavation flights recently, using dice, Business class and burning 5,310 units of fuel for sending and instant return.

here are my results:
Mesoamerica 47 flights = 9 Map chest drops
Ancient Rome 40 flights = 6 Map chest drops

I did notice that you get better drops after the first and second star you earn. it was my first attempt at Ancient Rome and it took 18 flights for the first Map chest drop. drops were definitely better after the first star.

I also made the same mistake using golden dice for excavation. wasting a lot of time, maps, fuel, greens and coins.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
I just did a run on excavation flights recently, using dice, Business class and burning 5,310 units of fuel for sending and instant return.

here are my results:
Mesoamerica 47 flights = 9 Map chest drops
Ancient Rome 40 flights = 6 Map chest drops

I did notice that you get better drops after the first and second star you earn. it was my first attempt at Ancient Rome and it took 18 flights for the first Map chest drop. drops were definitely better after the first star.

I also made the same mistake using golden dice for excavation. wasting a lot of time, maps, fuel, greens and coins.
ok interesting about the drop rate after first and second star. i will have that in my mind for my next excavations flights to have a look for that. thank you also for your help! we do definitely the wrong and burned alot of fuel and wasted greens :)

Top Bottom