Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS 7.0 - game keeps crashing...

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
Update:
I did receive a reply from support - they're basically giving us the finger if our devices are too old - the answer is to buy a new one. I have an iPad Air first generation (model A1475) which has the A7 chip. Available RAM: 975 MB, but GI are saying (according to other threads elsewhere on this forum) that you need 2 GB of RAM. This is the reply I got:
IMG_8441.PNG

So now I have to save up for the latest iPad Air (3rd gen a.k.a. iPad Air 2019, A2123) which has the A12 Bionic chip - at only $779.- it's a bargain... ;-) I want the latest chip available to be able to use it as many years as possible before it goes obsolete, and I also want to hang on to the Lightning connector as my iPhone has one, makes charging easier (the latest Pro models use USB-c). My iPhone is newer but the game would be hopelessly small on an iPhone screen, so that's not really an option.

For those of you who are not sure which model you have, here's a model identification page from the Apple site:

Last edited:
I have the same iPad as you @CajsaMacD and had a similar reply from AC support. Other than with AC I have not had any problems with any other game or App. Although going forward I can see this changing and becoming a regular issue. It's also worth noting when Apple move from iOS to iPadOS for their iPads in the Autumn the model we have will no longer be supported. The those that are compatible with iPadOS are: 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 11-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air 2.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Marthan
Username
Marthan
@CasjaMacD

Tnx for sharing ur reply from GI..
For the record....I never gonna buy a new IPad for a lot of money, only to play this game.
I love this game, even more with the new update and layout, but in real life, I can do without it if needed.
So, if the game can’t be played on my IPad Air 2 anymore, to bad, so sad, but that’s it.

Edit: for now, I’m able to play the game if I close all other background issues😉
Sometimes the game crashes, when I visit neighbors, other times it’s slow down/lags to a point that’s nearly impossible to play further, so I close and start up the game if that’s occurs....

Last edited:

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
I have the same iPad as you @CajsaMacD and had a similar reply from AC support. Other than with AC I have not had any problems with any other game or App. Although going forward I can see this changing and becoming a regular issue. It's also worth noting when Apple move from iOS to iPadOS for their iPads in the Autumn the model we have will no longer be supported. The those that are compatible with iPadOS are: 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 11-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air 2.
I wouldn't normally run off in sheer desperation to buy a new iPad - I love the current one and use it for so many other things apart from playing AC. However, apart from crashing all the time in AC7, the screen glass cracked last winter and I replaced it myself using a cheap spare parts vendor and the whole operation took me 5 hours! The replacement screen glass is now coming off and I have a dead zone about 1 inch along the bottom short edge next to the home button where tapping is impossible. Sure, you can turn the iPad 180 degrees when you need to tap anything in that area, but it really is a palaver, and I'm afraid that it will eventually stop working altogether - sometimes it reacts to tapping all over the place in spite of me just holding it along the edges, so the only future it has is 6 feet under!

Thank you so much for the tip about the iPadOS, that really got me thinking twice. I have an authorised Apple dealer in my city who are usually very helpful and trustworthy, but I'm not sure they would readily admit that some of their current sale items will be obsolete within 6 months!

In the meantime, I'm taking a good look in the settings for any apps working in the background - they've never been an issue before so I've just let them run, but of course background syncing of iCloud items and other stuff will hog some resources...

Last edited:
Top Bottom