Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS 7.0 - game keeps crashing...

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
After updating my game to 7.0 this evening, my game started crashing every 30 seconds. After rebooting iPad it still crashes every 3 minutes! After the crash the game reverts to a previous stage (luckily some progress gets saved), which means loads of actions get undone and have to be re-done! It's taken me 2 hours to get past the intro screens, and so far all I've managed to do is collect from buildings twice over, building the GCB twice, and send off 9 aircraft! Admittedly, I realise that I don't have the latest iOS, I have 12.3.1 and I just realised that 12.4 is out! Will update and report back. In the meantime, if there is anyone else out there with the same problem, I'd be grateful for any workarounds you may have found already?

After updating my game to 7.0 this evening, my game started crashing every 30 seconds. After rebooting iPad it still crashes every 3 minutes! After the crash the game reverts to a previous stage (luckily some progress gets saved), which means loads of actions get undone and have to be re-done! It's taken me 2 hours to get past the intro screens, and so far all I've managed to do is collect from buildings twice over, building the GCB twice, and send off 9 aircraft! Admittedly, I realise that I don't have the latest iOS, I have 12.3.1 and I just realised that 12.4 is out! Will update and report back. In the meantime, if there is anyone else out there with the same problem, I'd be grateful for any workarounds you may have found already?

For what it's worth I've updated 3 games on different OS's and different devices with no issue...... good luck!

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Hi, sorry to hear that, but you might open a ticket, explain what's happening and GI Support will check your game.
Here is link for support: https://gameinsight.helpshift.com/a/airport-city/

🤔 thanks! Didn’t notice the iOS update! I’ll be doing it in a while

Device
  1. iPad
Username
AndPon
I using iPad iOS12.4 also and have same problem, every 2-3 minutes I face to crash and loosing the results, very often everything starting moving slow

It would be convenient to say that iOS is to blame, but probably that's not the case here. We're investigating sources of crashes right now. If your app started to crash often while it didn't do that on 6.31 — please contact us through the support team.
Right. Meanwhile, I’ve installed iOS 12.4. Let’s see how it goes today.

Device
  1. Android
Username
Grobil
Same problem since update to 7.x on my device android 6.01 "Galaxy J5" model "SM-J500FN" (A medium budget Android smartphone purchased in 2017) .
Once loaded, game feels a little bit slower / less responsive than version 6.x on every action performed, but still very playable.
Then, in a few minutes, the game starts getting slower and slower, until fully paralysed, and always ends with a crash. It take like 5-20 minutes to happen, but always ends this way.
That behaviour repeats every time I start the game (already 20+ times).
Looks like a memory leak or an abnormaly high memory usage.

Android tells me the 7.x version consumes an "average amount" of 700Mb memory during the last few hours.
Visiting the friend bases seem to accelerate the slownes and crashes a lot.
The game crashes, or gets almost frozen when I attempt to chain visit some friends.

Edit:
It *is* a memory problem. My android rebooted while playing, just by passively watching the screen of my own town. For the first time in 2 monthes of playing this game.
My device has an internal memory of 1.5 GB RAM.

According to android developper tools:
Around half of that memory is used by the operating system, plus core running services.

Airport game uses 470 MB right at opening. That leaves 47MB of free memory according to debug tools.
Actively visiting the small village makes memory usage climb to 580MB

Actively visiting Maddlen Airborn (bigger town) makes memory usage climb to 660 MB.
... which leaves a negative(?!) internal memory available according to the debug tools.
By that time, the OS is probably using the SSD storage for memory swapping, hence the poor performance and crashes.

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
For now, I can only assure everyone we — our engineers, that is —are actively looking for a solution for those crash / memory issues, and it's our top priority to fix those. It might take a few days, because after they're done, we'll need to QA it, too, to be sure that solution doesn't break something else.

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
It would be convenient to say that iOS is to blame, but probably that's not the case here. We're investigating sources of crashes right now. If your app started to crash often while it didn't do that on 6.31 — please contact us through the support team.
Thanks!

The game did get a tiny bit better after installing iOS 12.4, i.e. crash every 3 minutes instead of every 30 seconds! I'll submit a ticket.

/Cajsa

Device
  1. Android
Same problem since update to 7.x on my device android 6.01 "Galaxy J5" model "SM-J500FN" (A medium budget Android smartphone purchased in 2017) .
Once loaded, game feels a little bit slower / less responsive than version 6.x on every action performed, but still very playable.
Then, in a few minutes, the game starts getting slower and slower, until fully paralysed, and always ends with a crash. It take like 5-20 minutes to happen, but always ends this way.
That behaviour repeats every time I start the game (already 20+ times).
Looks like a memory leak or an abnormaly high memory usage.

Android tells me the 7.x version consumes an "average amount" of 700Mb memory during the last few hours.
Visiting the friend bases seem to accelerate the slownes and crashes a lot.
The game crashes, or gets almost frozen when I attempt to chain visit some friends.

Edit:
It *is* a memory problem. My android rebooted while playing, just by passively watching the screen of my own town. For the first time in 2 monthes of playing this game.
My device has an internal memory of 1.5 GB RAM.

According to android developper tools:
Around half of that memory is used by the operating system, plus core running services.

Airport game uses 470 MB right at opening. That leaves 47MB of free memory according to debug tools.
Actively visiting the small village makes memory usage climb to 580MB

Actively visiting Maddlen Airborn (bigger town) makes memory usage climb to 660 MB.
... which leaves a negative(?!) internal memory available according to the debug tools.
By that time, the OS is probably using the SSD storage for memory swapping, hence the poor performance and crashes.
Thank you for the detailed analysis.

A support game;) which operated fine in version 6, now is slow to load and can only send gifts:).
It is unable to visit large cities, only small or low medium size. Madelin's city causes phone to crash.
System chip:Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8630
Processor:Dual-core, 1200 MHz, Krait
GPU:Adreno 305
RAM:1 GB
ROM: 4096 MB
Android version 4.1.2, which barely meets your specs listed on Playstore ("Requires Android 4.1 and up").
You may need to update minimum requirements on that page.

Another support game on a somewhat newer basic phone is slow to load large neighborhoods.
Android 7.1.1
Internal Memory: 2GB RAM

So, you loose ad revenue in cases where more time required is not worth it.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
AndPon
Thanks!

The game did get a tiny bit better after installing iOS 12.4, i.e. crash every 3 minutes instead of every 30 seconds! I'll submit a ticket.

/Cajsa
I am using iOS 12.4 too, and I have same problem with crashes

Just now got a reply from a technical team, that RAM should be 2gb min for stable performance of this game :(

Still registering some crashes, now only when trying to visit (updated) neighbors or Madlen. It freezes, I switch app, return to AC, it automatically closes.

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
Still registering some crashes, now only when trying to visit (updated) neighbors or Madlen. It freezes, I switch app, return to AC, it automatically closes.
Thanks for the tip! When the game has crashed, I've been closing AC, that's when I lost progress. By your method, the game at least reloads and progress is retained. You do need the patience of 7.0 angels to play the game that way, though....

Needless to say, I think it's intolerable how they have upped the hardware requirements such a huge notch - there ought to be a low-res option for old devices!

I did file a support request yesterday, but I haven't heard back yet from Support, and don't expect any resolution until I have managed to save up for a new iPad - my local dealer has a generous trade-in campaign at the moment but I just don't have that much cash! 😰

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! When the game has crashed, I've been closing AC, that's when I lost progress. By your method, the game at least reloads and progress is retained. You do need the patience of 7.0 angels to play the game that way, though....

Needless to say, I think it's intolerable how they have upped the hardware requirements such a huge notch - there ought to be a low-res option for old devices!

I did file a support request yesterday, but I haven't heard back yet from Support, and don't expect any resolution until I have managed to save up for a new iPad - my local dealer has a generous trade-in campaign at the moment but I just don't have that much cash! 😰
When you return to ac, just wait some seconds. In my case, either shows immediately the start up screen, or shows your frozen ac, then black screen, then startup screen

Came across this post as I am also having issues with crashes on my android (Nexus 6) that is running my Airport City and has been for several years.
It does seem like the crashes occur the most for me when visiting neighbors or if I have lots of actions going on at once (ex: flying my whole fleet out while clicking passenger buildings).
I have been very hesitant to play it as I was concerned with all the crashes and loss of data progress which is frustrating to have to keep doing and worried somehow my game will become blocked because of the errors.
Hope they are able to fix this soon!!

Top Bottom