Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows PC update

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03FXR7WSD
Username
Bertje1370
Hi everyone!

My game crashed after the Airport City app got an update. Seem to happen after every update.. :( Am I the only one who has these kind of problems with updates?

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Same here, also crashed,

So advice to everybody, do not update !

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM for Neighbor Request
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
@alex : That work around you found for the issues with the last major update problem, it worked for me on this new update.

To those who haven't updated, you probably shouldn't update yet. But this worked for me (from alex last update issue) :
"The fix for me is
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\NativeImages
Change folder MATWindows81SDK to MATWindows81SDK_old
Change folder Newtonsoft.Json to Newtonsoft.Json_old

If it did not help change folders back to there name"

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
@TbombToronto maby you got the time for a small instruction to the members here, how to disable autoupdate

@WAMike, strange, because when I check, the folders are not there anymore, or to be more precies, they still have the old name, what is ....._old. So I can not rename them.

Also my log is empty
Module information:
Built with Compiler Ver '180030324'
Built from 'release/4.6/patch-release' branch
Version is '4.6.2p2 (dd892804f688)'
Release build
Application type 'XAML'
Used 'SDK 8.1'
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Disabling Low Latency presentation API.
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics (ID=0xf31)
Vendor: Intel
VRAM: 128 MB
Initialize engine version: 4.6.2p2 (dd892804f688)
SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier: AdvertisingManager::AdvertisingId returned empty string, check PC Settings -> Privacy -> Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps (turning this off will reset your ID). Fallbacking to HardwareIdentification ID value.
(Filename: Line: 304)

Disabling independent input source.
Logical Screen DPI is 134.40.
UnloadTime: 0.584320 ms
Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 2 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 784. Operation took 9.667200 ms.

So no error message, that I can investigate. If somebody got an other error message in Unityplayer.log, please post

Last edited:

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
Hmm. I don't know the technical aspects by any means, but I remembered that and thought I'd try it. I didn't install the last major update with the problem till the second update that had the fixes came through, so I didn't rename the folders at that point in time.

TbombToronto

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wstqxer
Username
Tbomb
Sure @alex

For those who want to check whether they have auto updates set up or not... (for Windows 8.1)

1. On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.

2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then clickSettings.)

3. Tap or click App updates.

4. Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to No.

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Oke here is my fix (Version 2) I am still somewhat technical related

1. Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\LocalState and copy all files there to you desktop (one of the files is calles savegame.bin, is important)
2. remove airport city from the pc and restart your pc
3. reinstall the airporty city (first time I got a error message, then I resync my licnese and check for updates in store)
4. start airpot city and cut of jane, by closing the app, check your taskmanager if airportcity was closed, if not, kill. You can also restart your pc, if this was to difficult
5. Copy files that you backup in step 1, back to the folder in step 1, so C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\\LocalState

Basicly what you have done is copy the savegame files to a backup location, reinstall the game and copy back the savegame files. (I got a automatic script, that backups the savegames every day, so for the next crash, I am coverd)

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
So the new things,
1. new icons for plane, money, oil
2. new levels (candy store in level 51)(
3. New repair bay (6)
4 . Super plane
5. New runway

So let me think, in two weeks, GI thinks that we that we bought the super plane, and runway and candystore, and there will be a mission. (Where is that money tree, because without it, this mission will be the same failer as the new rocket launch mission. we got after the last failed update)

Question, How do I Get the souvenirs store (memory store, accourding to google translate)

Last edited:

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
Gift shop-from Fathers of the Nation collection-you need a set of one each of a Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant, and Franklin currency note to get one shop. They drop (very seldom rate) from flights to: Washington, DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Houston, Seattle, Austin, and Anchorage. (Five gift shops needed for completion of event.)

D

Deleted member 5399

My major gripe is this.
When we got the last upgrade in Windows, those of us at level 40, who had the experience points, were automatically moved to levels higher, many of us, to 50.
However at level 50, no matter how many destinations we flew to, how many rockets were launched, or how many special challenges, like this Independence Celebration one; our experience acquired was capped out. There was no more experience accumulated. It was capped at 530000 or so and stayed there.
Now with the new upgrade to level 55, at level 50, I have to start at 0/30000 to get to level 51???!
I find that very unfair, as if we've all been cheated. Bad enough that I now see, buy this from the bank and ooooh get a pretty tree with a flower bed:{ or oooh shove the gold and silver tokens at us every 5 days.
Sorry GI but keep shoving it to us, to spend real money more and more,(going from 350-500 on QL is ***); well eventually between that and the consistency in people's games crashing, (neighbors disappearing, or cannot visit), and eventually you start losing players, not gaining.
No matter how many OS/platforms you develop the game for, soon many will quit as some already have.
A well known racing game company found that out. They got greedy and next month after only 5 years, the servers are shutting down.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
@alex : That work around you found for the issues with the last major update problem, it worked for me on this new update.

To those who haven't updated, you probably shouldn't update yet. But this worked for me (from alex last update issue) :
"The fix for me is
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\NativeImages

If it did not help change folders back to there name"[/QUO. TE]
@WAMike That is the first thing too that came to my mind, right when it crashed back to desktop, I had Alex's last instruction to the fix saved on my desktop. You would think if you and I were smart enough to do alex's fix, GI would have been smart enough to make sure the update was ready before they pushed it. They are suppose to be the brains behind all the programing that goes into Airport City.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
The changing the two folders to the _old worked, but my first gripe was now refueling guest planes of any size above propeller-driven plane is slow regardless if you have the hangers or not. Anybody having the same issues or is this just me.

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
@Kris : Yeah, I didn't think that fix would work, but it seemed easy enough to do and change back if not.

Yeah, my guest planes are really slow too. Do you have a baggage hall already? I started building one because of the update, hoping it would speed things up a bit. I think I was reading though the Android/iOS update with Level 55 had really slow guest planes too though.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
@WAMike Changing the folder names worked for me, I guess they slowed the refuel speeds figuring we were getting to much out of the guest planes. No problem though it not a major gripe what is 5 seconds different. Easy way around that is just build additional runways that divides it in half the time.

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
Yeah, I think it's more getting used to the change than anything. The drops for the event from the guest planes seems decent enough so far at least, so the bit of patience pays off.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Yeah, I think it's more getting used to the change than anything. The drops for the event from the guest planes seems decent enough so far at least, so the bit of patience pays off.
I have noticed the drops come a lot better now, I would rather have drops before speeds, drops mean money!!

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
@WAMike I just noticed and maybe I'm totally wrong. But if you go to the store under the place where you buy the hangars, didn't it used to say on each hanger "speeds up the service of ??? type guest planes." Now it only says, "Speeds up the refuel of your ??? type planes." I think the new update changed that, and only allows the baggage hall upgrades to speed up refueling of guest planes, and the hangers only are made for the planes you own. Makes sense because in real life the hangar wouldn't have anything to do with refueling and servicing guest planes on most given situations.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wem4q5n
Username
chris

"The fix for me is

If it did not help change folders back to there name"
wow - thanks so much for the Hint ... it worked well : ))

Top Bottom