Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What, where...?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
No code
Username
No game
In pure boredom, i am starting to re-decorate my city. It takes forever to collect coint to develop, so i want to rearrange the city.

Whitch buildings can be in the city, and the airport?
Flightschool
Flight catering facility.
Travel agency
Duty free
Additional fuel.

As a guide the commercial and recidential buildings can only be placed in the city.
And the airport building, terminal, tower, hangers only in the airport.

But any good opservations?
And which buildings can "do" without road?

HVH

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
You are bored..... :sleep:

I find that (after maxing the city side in land) that land is a premium at the city end - so push as much as you can to the air side.

As Far as I am aware all normally buildings (bought by coins or cash) need a road. Aim to maximise the use of road, it has four sides – so ideally you should be placing a building on each of its side.

Depending on which version of the game you are running (I am going with latest which is V1.65 (V1.66 depending on your device) most other buildings, one’s received via a collection (pet store, university etc) need road as well. Only exception I am aware of is the liberty statue.

Generally items on the airside don’t need road, exception to this is Terminal, Repair facility, Fuel station, Duty free, Control tower.

Buildings that can be placed on either side are:

Catering Facility, (needs road)
Power buildings (does not need road)
Fuel Station (needs road)

I try to group the buildings together in terms of when they are ready for harvesting... so all 10min buildings together, all 1hr buildings together..

Hope that kind of helps..

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
No code
Username
No game
Thans tdv.

Yes i am bored. I am trying to pool together 600000 to by annother piece of land....
Right now i have a set up like this:

bBBb
rBBr
BBBB
BBBB

b= 1x1 building
B=2x2 builring
r= road.

The blocks are lying back-to-back.
But i want to move around a little, to optimize the income.
So i am selling some planes. I have 6 in total. But i have some dead-buildings in the city, like flight school, and power plants.
So i will start a movearound tomorrow.

Thanks tdv.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
Metrohenrik said:
The only 3x3 i have are the town-hall.
All the others are not effecient enough.
Terminal is 3x3.
Also the building's efficiency will depend on how often you are in the game.....

1x1 building is better placed in the endless two cell stripes
...rbbbrbbbr...
...bbrbbbrbb...
:)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
3x3's in the edges is a good idea... (which is what I have currently)

but it leaves a 2x3 gap - which is a real pain to make full use of... unless GIS let us have more land :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
I go the pretty town planning strategy. :)
All roads are linked up, even on the airport side.
I try to have precincts or buildings that a community would need clumped together.:love:
Of course with me running out of money, the new quest requiring more building with land, I have made my strategy a slight mess, but have cleaned it up as much as possible.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a0eue93
Username
Québec
You are bored..... :sleep:

I find that (after maxing the city side in land) that land is a premium at the city end - so push as much as you can to the air side.

tdv i am not following you here. Do you mean after expansion 10 which you can buy with coins until there. To then with cash to buy airport land.? Why? Thank you again for your gifts great god of airport city.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Québec - Sorry perhaps I did not it explain very well.

What I mean is that there is a limit of how many expansions you can buy of land (either airport side or city side).

Can’t remember the exact grid size you can end up with (will check next time I am in front of the game) – after which it does not matter if you have coins or cash – no more land...

On the city side the land is badly required – by the time you build passengers and coins buildings most of the land is gone... and these buildings can’t be moved to air side.

But on the air side – apart from a few hangers, runways, terminal, repair facility, duty free, fuel station there is nothing much you need.

So if you are able to push/build some of the buildings air side it takes the pressure off the land requirements city side

So e.g. build power, catering facility etc air side – rather than city side...

In the earlier levels does not make much of a difference – but later levels as you start flying long distances,, passengers start to become a premium and the terminal is not big enough.

Currently my advice is to buy land with coins as much as you can and buy it city side if possible. I think after expansion 10 it is cash only expansions.

Air side - if you are very frugal you only need one runway and land of hangers – I feel you need at least 4 catering facilities if you want to be self sufficient.

Hope that helps someone

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a0eue93
Username
Québec
tdv thanks Tdv for your usual enlightenment toward your creation. I am at expansion 8 and to get the next land at that price it will take forever to get coins. I m starting to fly delta.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Pilot2
Username
Pilot2
Québec - Sorry perhaps I did not it explain very well.

Air side - if you are very frugal you only need one runway and land of hangers – I feel you need at least 4 catering facilities if you want to be self sufficient.

I like the option to work with two planes at once, but is there any reason to have more than 2 runways? If there are more runways, will the game allow more planes to come and go at the same time?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
I have read this story so many times. 'Save your greens for after expansion 10 when they cost 20 greens!! Now only buy them with coins'. But this always seemed so crazy to me. I have never had more than 100k coins as I needed to upgrade and buy better buildings! For instance, at this time with my level and expansions I 'only' make 12k coins a day (without completing quests or selling these stadiums). When I was doing my first few expansions I believe I made about 3-4k coins a day. Imagine if you have to save 200k, 400k or 600k at that stage. It would take 50 days to get 200k coins, which is about 7 weeks. Anyway, you also get 3 greens a week, so it would take 4 weeks to get the same expansion with greens when it costs 10 greens and 5 weeks when it costs 15 greens.

But keep in mind here you do not spend the greens and only get the coins.. Before I got to expansion 11 by only doing coins I would be playing this game for years. And I would have no fun at all with such a small airport.

I just always bought my land with greens as soon as I could.

Or do I just fail at making money? :p

Friso,

I can't visit your airport at the moment, so I could not comment on your airport layout specifically.
  • However, people usually do not really optimize their layout.
    You can always squeeze in an additional coin generating building if you re-arrange the layout optimally.
  • Build only one runway, not two.
  • Build more buildings with the best coin payout (e.g. Car Dealerships)
  • Build building that helps drops for the Dolce Vita & Running Wild collections.
    At 300 coins per collection, you can get 3,000 coins in 1 day (but this may no longer be true in new versions).
  • Speed up your flights. But you need lots of passengers & fuel from neighbours.
  • Exploit glitches whenever one crops up!
  • Although not a glitch, collect, build & sell stadiums is a great way to get coins?
GI designs the game so that you get stuck in certain stages, in order to frustrate you and coax you to spend money to buy greens, so it neveris smooth sailing all the way...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
2tycik
Username
MG (What I Need)
I agree with Friso. I am sure that once you have everything you need (Level 6 of everything, all your hangars and the right plane combination) then you have little else to spend your coins on than land, but for me, now, saving 600000 coins to buy a land expansion would just take too long so I use the green cash I get from the weekend bonus to buy it instead.
Curious as to why you believe you need 4 flight catering facilities T-DV. I agree it would be a nice to have, but I only have 1 and rely on my neighbours to fulfil my need for meals. That has had some issues but, touch wood, at the moment is working OK. Of course that means I cannot get the other flight items I need in the same quantity from neighbours (Propellers, Fuel Hose etc.).
Aaagggh. I just wish it was a whole lot easier.:(

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Only 1? That is not enough if u want to fly with all blue delta or jumbo... Im using every day around 30 or 40 meals...
I have now 5 catering and im still losing meals on my total in my warehouse...

But if you think one is enough for now, we will hear it later from you that u were wrong ;-)

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Airside generally has plenty of space, I have 2 runways, 8 hangers, usual tower and terminal space, 3x catering, 11 solar power, a wind turbine and a coal power station. The power stuff can go landside and I generally put the solars in the empty 'no road' spots. All in 9 blocks. 4 solar power stations will more to landside for the next catering building. I may sell the coal powerstation (60 units) and the wind turbine (10 units) and get 2 more solar power stations and gain 22 units and 3 airside squares.

On land side, be ruthless. roads are a waste, therefore think in a block of grey that needs to be next to a building. Add some land and rethink the whole layout from the start. Do this before you buy buildings so you have room to shuffle. A lot of the coin earners depend on your style of play. Yes an eatery is coins every 10 mins, but if you only visit every hour then that's 10 coins and hour. The max you can have of any normal building is 6. Quest and special building have more, I think that stadiums is 10. at 150 coins an hour they are OK if you have the space.

I have maxed out on town hall space and most worthwhile now and can still write a welcome message in the city. Coins get pretty useless when the residential side maxes out.
I think that max airside is about 8x5 blocks, think that expansion 20 was the last.

Top Bottom