Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What is your strategy?

Molly G

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Azwriter12
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and excited to finally have other players to connect with! I'm curious to find out other people's playing strategies. Do you land guest planes frequently or do you focus on your own flights? Do you collect buildings for how they look or how they pay? What are your main goals/priorities for the game? I've never had anyone to talk to about AC, so I'm curious to see how others play. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Indeed the way the game is set up with its social aspect, it was a glaring flaw to not include a means of communication.
This is the place to be though as soon enough you will have more neighbors than you can gift per day. But unlike within the
game you will actually get many gifts daily and they will be the gifts you actually want/need.

As for strategy there are of course many paths which you can take. When I have time to sit around I land guest planes fairly
often though probably not as much as I should. They are quite helpful in collecting items needed for repairs thus eliminating the
need to receive many repair items through gifts from neighbors. They also have the bonus of giving the extra buildings from their
collectible drops which are nice producing buildings...mostly. As for my flights I just have kind of gone in order unless I needed
something from a particular destination. I have so far tried working on three types of airplanes clearing their destinations in order.

My city now is more designed somewhat realistically. Meaning in most areas all roads actually connect. Though I figure at some
point I will have to remove that in order to maximize space on the city side. I do pick my buildings mostly for their production right now.
Though not all are picked like that for me at least. I have never really cared what they looked like as long as they fulfill a need.

I am certain some others will chime in here as their are some quite chatty people here. You will certainly learn quite a bit about
the game from long time players. Definitely post in the android and ios trading thread. Introduce yourself and let them know you are looking
for neighbors. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here. :cool:

Molly G

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Azwriter12
Thank you for your response! I agree--it would be nice to have a means of communication within the game, so I'm glad I found this forum! I appreciate your insight. I'm definitely looking forward to learning from more experienced players!

I've been playing quite a few years and I'll give you a quick idea of how I decided to play.

My main objective was playing for stars and obtaining all the special map buildings such as the pyramids. So I would fly lowest level planes to all destinations then do the excavation flights and then the map destinations for each level of plane making sure I got six of each new building. There are guides on the best way to do this. You may not be as interested in doing this but I soon found that the collectible items these buildings drop finished all collections for me far quicker than flying and gave me lots of bonuses making all the quests a lot easier.

Now I did most of this before the red launch pad came along which takes the game down a different route a bit as it enables you to get a lot of coins. If you don't have one yet I would prioritise everything around buying one. This weekend I made well over a million coins from red launches alone.

Unfortunately due to having all those special buildings my airport doesn't have the space for many quest buildings, just passenger buildings, space buildings and the pyramids etc. Fortunately we can buy more land now so in the sale this weekend I'll be spending a LOT of greenies doing that.

Feel free to add me and have a look around. Oh and there is sort of communication in the game between alliance members but I never use it as it's a bit rubbish.

Welcome to the forum, you may become a real addict now (y)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
asoljto
Username
jaod2
I tend to be a completionist in games that I play so I want to collect everything I can. Currently I try to maximize everything for coins. That has proven to be my biggest limiter in terms of growth so far.

I land guest planes as much as I can. Completing the collections for items dropped from there has been a major source of income. My planes are always focused on completing events, buildings, missions and stars (in that order of priority).

Buildings are also selected for production. I try to focus on buildings that have shorter refresh times because I am usually able to check it throughout the day with decent consistency.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
One of the things I like is their are many aspects to this game and you need to be able to change your focus as you progress. Many players jump on board and go crazy flying, collecting stars, etc. About level 30 when you start flying the larger planes, everything slows down. Flights take longer, stars take longer, you have to balance between coins and passenger buildings, etc... and many players move on to other games.

That's when you can change your focus to excavations or space missions. I focused on collecting all the items needed for my buildings so I had them ready when I upgraded. My top focus is always any event. Even when you finish an event (don't hit the complete button), keep playing - the collections are a good source of coins and will be handy if they repeat the event. My current focus, after the event, is 3 starring all the falcon destinations. I have completed 3 of them so lots of flying left to those destinations..

Space missions are a good source of income too. Search the forum for quantum leap (QL) and look for some ql parties. QL's reduce the flight time of the space missions.

Mainly, have fun, and remember it's just a stupid game. It should be played for fun. Some people get too wrapped up in it. Personally, I have plenty of other things to stress about :) .

Welcome to the forum!
df99

Last edited:

Eric The Great

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Eric The Great
Excellent advice from all three who replied. Study this site and especially look up posts by all three of them.

Two more thoughts.

1) Land as many guest planes as possible to get the level up bonuses, you'll moss them a bit when you get to level 60.

2) Budget money to spend every week, as soon as it makes sense to buy with coins what you can from the Duke weekly visits. The mystery bonuses can be helpful and start collecting the Excavation maps for later use as soon as you can. You can only buy ten maps per category per week but you'll be glad you started buying them early instead of not having them when you start on the adventure flights.

Good Luck and agreed have fun!

Eric

Top Bottom