Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What are your Holidays

@Tito

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0452p2l1m
Username
@Tito
There are many other holidays celebrated regionally in the US. Just based on where I have lived...
In Hawaii there are holidays for King Kamehameha and Prince Kuhio. There are more fireworks on Chinese New Year than on the 4th of July.
In Arizona, there is a week off for the rodeo. Plus parades for Dia de los Muertos.
In Louisiana, there are several days off for Mardi Gras! 🍹🍹🍹
I need to go to Mardi Gras. I'd probably be punch drunk on Bourbon Street in the French quarter.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
There are many other holidays celebrated regionally in the US. Just based on where I have lived...
In Hawaii there are holidays for King Kamehameha and Prince Kuhio. There are more fireworks on Chinese New Year than on the 4th of July.
In Arizona, there is a week off for the rodeo. Plus parades for Dia de los Muertos.
In Louisiana, there are several days off for Mardi Gras! 🍹🍹🍹
Mardi Gras. Would love that. And the rodeo too. My dad rode in the Calgary Stampede

Spiritually yes, but the 4th is a day to celebrate Independence and gratitude for our freedom. All the pomp and circumstances are celebrated with fireworks and displays of bunting and the Star Spangled banner we cherish so much. It's a day of pride of being an American. I lived in France and in Germany where I went to school, and the only place i can see the pride in one's nation is France. But I could be wrong, I am sure other countries have something they celebrate that makes them proud of their nationality.
here in Portugal we have 3 holidays directly related to our country
the 25th of April, freedom day, that marks the end of the dictatorship in 1974
the 10th of June, Portugal day, now renamed as Portugal, Camões and Portuguese Communities Day
the 1st of December, Restoration of Independence (1640), that marks the end of the Spanish Domination (1580-1640)

the most cherished is the first one, perhaps because 1974 is still so close to us. Most of us remember how it was like before 1974
on the second one there are always some military parades, and lots of formal speeches
the third one... well, everyone uses it to Xmas shopping (except this year, covid rules)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
the 10th of June, Portugal day, now renamed as Portugal, Camões and Portuguese Communities Day
the 1st of December, Restoration of Independence (1640), that marks the end of the Spanish Domination (1580-1640)

the most cherished is the first one, perhaps because 1974 is still so close to us. Most of us remember how it was like before 1974
on the second one there are always some military parades, and lots of formal speeches
the third one... well, everyone uses it to Xmas shopping (except this year, covid rules)
1974. Wow! It's funny because most people don't think of dictatorships in the western world in the modern era.

And i forgot October 5th (1910) which marks the day when Portugal ceased to be a Monarchy and was turned into a Republic (after the regicide in 1908)

Spiritually yes, but the 4th is a day to celebrate Independence and gratitude for our freedom. All the pomp and circumstances are celebrated with fireworks and displays of bunting and the Star Spangled banner we cherish so much. It's a day of pride of being an American. I lived in France and in Germany where I went to school, and the only place i can see the pride in one's nation is France. But I could be wrong, I am sure other countries have something they celebrate that makes them proud of their nationality.
I think it boils down to Thanskgiving is giving thanks and spent with family versus the 4th is a party and spent predominantly with friends. Like the Pilgrims, they had thanks to be free of the brits (and being saved by natives) and partied when kicked the brits arses. LOL.

@Tito

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0452p2l1m
Username
@Tito

Obrigada você. Não só falo português, mas também falo francês, espanhol e alemão.

Top Bottom