Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Unable to exit ads

YankDownUnder

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04F3IKBR
Username
beerbrewer
Is anyone else having troubles closing some ads? I don't mean the ones you want to play, but the random ads you get when retrieving a plane from the hangar? There is one ad in particular, for a game called Lords Mobile. There is no X to close it, but instead you get taken to their app store entry. Closing that, you go back to the ad and then have to wait until it ends.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
The ads are getting bad. There are many where you have to click an X 3 separate times and they are now looping to where you literally have to exit the game & go back in. Also some where the X is small, and unless you are right on it, will keep taking you to the store site. Fortunately, I moved my Android game to the desktop app and no longer have that problem.

YankDownUnder

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04F3IKBR
Username
beerbrewer
try this: tap home button and put AC running background. go to main screen and tap the AC app icon. I usually get back to where I were in the game, reward awarded
But that's the thing, it's not a reward ad, it's whenever I go into the hangar to get a repaired plane or to get one out of the reserve. It also happens with an ad for an app called Mystplay or something like that.

YankDownUnder

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04F3IKBR
Username
beerbrewer
Had the same problem with the sudoku & candy crunch ads, whereby it was impossible to exit the game. Every time I pressed the x I was transported to the App Store-totally infuriatimg 😤
Last night with the bouncing around, somehow the app installed (guess I hit install by accident when being bounced back and forth) and then immediately uninstalled.

Device
  1. iPad
Same thing on iOS. What's been happening for me is that you go through the 30 seconds of ads (usually a game featuring gameplay that doesn't actually exist), then weirdly the whole display rotates upside down, and then you can't hit the X, no matter how long you wait. You have to exit and force-close the game, and then even after all that, you don't even get the reward you were waiting for! Strong disincentive to using that to get the reward.

Same thing on iOS. What's been happening for me is that you go through the 30 seconds of ads (usually a game featuring gameplay that doesn't actually exist), then weirdly the whole display rotates upside down, and then you can't hit the X, no matter how long you wait. You have to exit and force-close the game, and then even after all that, you don't even get the reward you were waiting for! Strong disincentive to using that to get the reward.
not on my ipad though...

It is very frustrating.
One thing you can look at, certainly for Android players is install an ad blocker, or a VPN which blocks ads. Have it running, then if you want to use adverts for something toggle it back off. Not an ideal solution. You still can get it for adverts you want, as I get that same thing when I'm doing my neighbour visits and I'm collecting the 6th item from time to time. The thing I do is just hit the home button and it seems to stop it being stuck.

I'm not sure if this is a GI problem or a problem with the company they use for adverts. I can't see it being allowed in Google's advertising TOCs, let alone apples. I'm tempted to report the offending ads, as I think there has to be an easy way to exit. I don't think they are supposed to grey out the X bottom until the timer is up. I don't think they are supposed to do multiple timers either. However someone with not knowledge please speak up.

Top Bottom