Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android SWAPPING OUT PLANES - RESERVE HANGERS

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
u4vrwj
Username
FancyFlight OR !FF(itemsneeded)
Hey ya'll

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered somewhere else but this is driving me crazy!

Surely there is a better way to swap out planes in the reserve hanger than having to purchase one and then the game allows you to move another plan in to the reserve or to sell a plane so a hanger is free to take a plane out of the reserve and move it to that free hanger.

Why can't we just click on the plane in the reserve and swap it for a plane in the hanger?

It basically means the reserve hanger is totally redundant to me because I end up still spending coins selling the planes in the hangers and buying new ones.

Is there a better way?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I agree - I lost my one and only delta when after a few days it broke down - only to finds that my repair shop has to be upraded for it even if my hanger does not. (I was using a level 2 hanger for it!) Realising that I was going to be a plane down for some time if I waited to upgrade, and having found out that it was using more pax than I could easily keep up with - I decided to swap it out for the Jet I had in storage and keep it for when I had expanded more. I got my jet back but the delta flew off into the ether that is GI coffers! I guess that my storage facility needed upgrading too or that it wouldnt accept planes in need of repair. I have complained to GI about the loss of coins for this and they have "escalated" the ticket but I am not hopeful of any redress from them.
When you click on the Delta in the shop all it says it needs is Level 19 and 20,000 coins - it makes no mention of any other upgrades that might be needed so I assumed repairs on this would be the same as for my jets. It is also high time that GI introduced a comprehensive "flight manual" for the game rather than rely on their feeble FAQ or the very flaky wiki that seems to have been down for days.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
Nope but you only need to keep one spare slot in reserve. Then just buy the small prop to push a plane in, sell it again and move one out, repeat as you wish. It really should work the way you suggest though it's quite ridiculous.
So no way to do this without spending $10 airport cash to open second slot or upgrade Reserve Hanger?
I want to go from
ACTIVE 4 Jets 2 Turbo prop RESERVE HANGER 1 Turbo prop
to

ACTIVE 3 Jets 2 Turbo prop 1 Delta RESERVE HANGER 1 jet - selling 1 Turbo Prop in the process
Then I want to be able to swap out Jet/Turbo Prop as necessary

What I think I can do is sell one of my active turbo props to create an empty hanger, Move my Turbo prop from Reserve hanger to empty hanger (I presume this can be done without any trickery?). Then buy the Delta, moving one of my active jets into the reserve hanger. This way I think I can complet the initial stage - however after that would need buy another reserve slot ($10 airport cash) and a Small prop (200 coin) to use the trick to swap the jet in store with a turbo plus would need to buy another small prop every time I wanted to swap them out? Does this make sense or is there a better way?

So no way to do this without spending $10 airport cash to open second slot or upgrade Reserve Hanger?
I want to go from
ACTIVE 4 Jets 2 Turbo prop RESERVE HANGER 1 Turbo prop
to

ACTIVE 3 Jets 2 Turbo prop 1 Delta RESERVE HANGER 1 jet - selling 1 Turbo Prop in the process
Then I want to be able to swap out Jet/Turbo Prop as necessary

What I think I can do is sell one of my active turbo props to create an empty hanger, Move my Turbo prop from Reserve hanger to empty hanger (I presume this can be done without any trickery?). Then buy the Delta, moving one of my active jets into the reserve hanger. This way I think I can complet the initial stage - however after that would need buy another reserve slot ($10 airport cash) and a Small prop (200 coin) to use the trick to swap the jet in store with a turbo plus would need to buy another small prop every time I wanted to swap them out? Does this make sense or is there a better way?
Sounds about right, you have to sell one each time or at least buy one to push something into reserve. You can't get around paying greens for an extra slot. 200 coins is really nothing if you start visiting neighbours planetariums and eventually doing red space launches you will be making plenty.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
u4vrwj
Username
FancyFlight OR !FF(itemsneeded)
I paid for the extra slot and now I have three spaces and trust me it makes almost no difference or improvement having the extra slots because you will still always have to sell planes to make room in the hangers if you keep your hangers full. It's the more stupid format ever; I hope they improve it ASAP

Top Bottom