Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spam on AirportCity

First of all, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that reports a spam post on the forum. Luckily these are few and far between. Some weeks we may have a couple, some weeks we have none. Anyone that runs a site will know how much spammers and spam bots are the bain of an admins life. You want to make your site as quick and easy to sign upto, whilst at the same time juggling whether spam users/bots may get through.

Luckily we have a very easy registration system here compared to a lot of sites, and are very luck with the lack of spam we receieve.

However I just wanted to put into perspective what we are up against. In the last 10 months, software on the site has stopped a whopping 38,313 spammers from registering! So the few spam posts we do get through, however annoying, are a tiny drop in the ocean to the vast majority that try and fail.

spam.png

The above image is from our special spam blocker software that is installed. Not sure why I hid the IP address, it's only used to spam and cause an inconvience to many, but i'm a nice guy!
Just incase anyone is concerned, no-one on here can view your password, that's encrypted as soon as you sign up. This software only logs the passwords of spammers who meet a certain criteria.

I just wanted to show the battle we face against spammers daily, and if one or two do make it through, then i'm happy with that!

Thanks again and keep reporting when you see a spammer on the forum. :)

First of all, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that reports a spam post on the forum. Luckily these are few and far between. Some weeks we may have a couple, some weeks we have none. Anyone that runs a site will know how much spammers and spam bots are the bain of an admins life. You want to make your site as quick and easy to sign upto, whilst at the same time juggling whether spam users/bots may get through.

Luckily we have a very easy registration system here compared to a lot of sites, and are very luck with the lack of spam we receieve.

However I just wanted to put into perspective what we are up against. In the last 10 months, software on the site has stopped a whopping 38,313 spammers from registering! So the few spam posts we do get through, however annoying, are a tiny drop in the ocean to the vast majority that try and fail.

View attachment 31766

The above image is from our special spam blocker software that is installed. Not sure why I hid the IP address, it's only used to spam and cause an inconvience to many, but i'm a nice guy!
Just incase anyone is concerned, no-one on here can view your password, that's encrypted as soon as you sign up. This software only logs the passwords of spammers who meet a certain criteria.

I just wanted to show the battle we face against spammers daily, and if one or two do make it through, then i'm happy with that!

Thanks again and keep reporting when you see a spammer on the forum. :)
As always you take care of the forum to make it the best place for us many thanks Dave I appreciate your hard work and wish you all the best and for our members and the good team of Admins.
Good luck all 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Top Bottom