Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Rooted Phone? Play the latest version of Airport City alongside the extended gift list version!

This guide currently only applies to phones that have been rooted. This is because at present, the only way of backing up saved game data is via a rooted phone.

Rooting your phone is a quick and painless experience with many guides and tutorials available for nearly every android based handset. THIS is the guide I followed to root my Samsung Galaxy S2. If your thinking of rooting your phone, read as many guides and tutorials as possible or until you feel comfortable in doing so. XDA Developers is a great place to start, just look down the list until you find the section for your handset.Once rooted you will need an app called "SuperUser" which can be found on Google Play. Its also worth downloading "Root Checker" to double check your phone is rooted.

Download the attached file "Airport City_1.31" - This is the version of Airport City with the extended gift list. Once downloaded, place it somewhere on your phone or on your SD Card.

Download an app from Google Play called "My Backup Root". This app will allow you to backup your Airport City saved game data. Theres quite a few other apps which do the same thing, however this is the one I use.

Open My Backup Root and click "Backup" > "Applications & Media" > "Loca SD Card"

On the next screen click the arrow next to "Apps" and select "Airport City (v1.35) and click OK. Choose a name for your backup and then select "APKS + DATA" This will now start to backup your saved game data.

Once backed up, navaigate using a file explorer such as "ASTRO" to the location on your phone/sd card where you placed the file Airport City_1.31 file you downloaded from this site. Click on the file and choose Install.

Once installed you will now be running the extended gift version of Airport City! You will now be able to send 20 extended gifts to the people on your neighbours list.

Once finished, Uninstall the Airport City App. You will then need to goto Google Play and download the latest version.

Once you have the latest version, goto My Backup Root and select "Restore" > "Applications & Meda" > "Local SD Card"

From the list select your lastest save file, select the dropdown box next to Apps, tick Airport City and then follow the on screen prompts. This will then re-install your saved game data.

Thats the guide complete! The best thing is, once your back in the latest version, you will still be able to send 20 gifts from the shorter gift list as the game dosent know you sent 20 from the previous version!

It may look daunting, but ive gone over the top in explaining everything. It takes me roughly 5-10 minutes per day to revert back to the extended gift version, send out 20 gifts and then reinstall the latest version.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Attachments

• Airport City_1.31.apk
    19.4 MB · Views: 274
I don't really dare to ask, because it is the only question I always ask, when it comes down to this: When restoring the data of the new version after sending out 20 gifts with the old version, will the rockfest buildings be back again or are they lost after that?

Hi xp, no worries :)

When you revert back to the extended gift version, you lose the farmers markets, festivals and rocks shops.

When you re-install the latest version and reinstall your saved game from My Backup Root - It reinstalls everything as its a complete backup before you installed the extended gift version.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks Dave. I knew about losing the shops in the old version, but I was unsure about the new version after using the old version.

What you are saying sounds pretty good to me, I will give it a try - also hoping that my gift counter finally resets again.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
I also found that if you have rooted your phone, you can locate the files that store the airport cash and coin values and make them whatever you like. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

I also found that if you have rooted your phone, you can locate the files that store the airport cash and coin values and make them whatever you like. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

With a rooted phone you also are able to edit:
- the current amount of fuel/passengers
- the maximum amount of fuel/passengers
- the number of repair slots in your repair base
- the number of flights, that you made to the different destinations
- the number of items you have (but that's a little tricky)
- the number of experience points you have

The question is, are you willing to do this and ruin your fun or not? ;)

Be interesting to know how to do it, but I think for me it would take the fun out of the game, so wouldnt do it myself.

Some of the above points are very easy to find and edit and some require some comparisons, logical thinking and investigation ;)
I am sure there are even more things to edit than I mentioned before, but that would take even more time and effort to do so.

Top Bottom