Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Repairs Level 2, watching ads?

piffen

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03pfnolpx
Username
piffen
Hey. I bought the Crossbill helicopter, and started flying to the waterfalls. After 3 flights, it broke down. Since I didnt upgrade my repair station to level 2 yet, this heli is useless as of now. My question is though, will I be able to watch ads to get the items I need to upgrade to level 2? Since the items says to only drop from some of the waterfalls, it kinda feels like I am stuck in a risk of catch 22. Because I could invest in another heli to fly and try to get the items, but if that also breaks down, Im left with helis worth 48k that I cant use...

I dont feel like investing 70k in the upgrade, if I will be stuck having to buy another heli to get the items o_O So do you know if I will be able to get Rotor Balancer and Platform Scale from watching ads? :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hey. I bought the Crossbill helicopter, and started flying to the waterfalls. After 3 flights, it broke down. Since I didnt upgrade my repair station to level 2 yet, this heli is useless as of now. My question is though, will I be able to watch ads to get the items I need to upgrade to level 2? Since the items says to only drop from some of the waterfalls, it kinda feels like I am stuck in a risk of catch 22. Because I could invest in another heli to fly and try to get the items, but if that also breaks down, Im left with helis worth 48k that I cant use...

I dont feel like investing 70k in the upgrade, if I will be stuck having to buy another heli to get the items o_O So do you know if I will be able to get Rotor Balancer and Platform Scale from watching ads? :)

Thanks!
You should be able to.
If you fly the crossbill to the waterfalls destination only, it will not break down.
This is common with a lot of plane destinations - the first destination of type will not allow the plane to breakdown, as usually you have to fly there to get the items needed to upgrade your repair base.

piffen

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03pfnolpx
Username
piffen
Thanks for the answer. And I am pretty sure I only went for the first flight to a waterfall, but could be that I choose another one as well. Either way, I can confirm that you can in fact watch ads for these items. If someone else stumble upon this thread and wonder ;)

This is one reason why I don't like buying aircraft if I don't have the repair for it and I usually watch the ads unless I get the part some other way (sometimes, you can and sometimes, you can't). Another thing is once you get the parts, construction or upgrading the building will take time unless you have enough greenies. I took a few days to upgrade before I even bought the crossbill helicopter but I'm trying to think a mile or two ahead of time.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
It's been a while since I flew helicopters, but aren't heli's repaired anymore with items that are produced by plants? The same items that are required to send them out? It didn't used to need plane-like repair-items...

It's been a while since I flew helicopters, but aren't heli's repaired anymore with items that are produced by plants? The same items that are required to send them out? It didn't used to need plane-like repair-items...
True. But you still must have the appropriate repair base. And that was the issue here.

Helicopters require some items for flight that are also used in repairs. So I will try outline this based on what I know. I don't have a Goldfinch helicopter yet so someone better step in because I may misstate or omit something there:

1) Sparrow
a) Helicopter Pad level 1
b) Fuel Station H level 1 or greater
c) Repair Base H level 1
d) Resource-base level 1 or greater
2) Crossbill
a) Helicopter Pad Level 2
b) Fuel Station H Level 1 or greater
c( Repair Base H level 2
e) Mechanical Plant
3) Crossbill
a) Helicopter Pad Level 3
b) Fuel Station H Level 1 or greater
c( Repair Base H level 3
e) Mechanical Plant
f) Hi-Tech Plant

Given where I am in the game (lvl 48), I often use Sparrow helicopter flights to fill in a gap with the Gaily Challenge. If the challenge says like "Launch 35 flights", that would be nearly impossible if I was doing mostly long-term flights (2 - 6 hours).

piffen

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03pfnolpx
Username
piffen
Helicopters require some items for flight that are also used in repairs. So I will try outline this based on what I know. I don't have a Goldfinch helicopter yet so someone better step in because I may misstate or omit something there:

Given where I am in the game (lvl 48), I often use Sparrow helicopter flights to fill in a gap with the Gaily Challenge. If the challenge says like "Launch 35 flights", that would be nearly impossible if I was doing mostly long-term flights (2 - 6 hours).

I don't have the Goldfinch either, but I think your assumption is correct. And I have bought the Hi-Tech plant already. My plan was to slowly start producing the items needed for Goldfinch whenever I have some downtime on the Crossbill flights or so. But damn, it's hard to keep up with the demand for Crossbill flights. I have upgraded to 4 Mechanical plants that run more or less non-stop. But I often find the helis idle, since I don't have the items needed. Will probably have to buy 2 more mech plants.

And I also use the sparrow for the daily quests, it's an easy way to get the 30+ flights in ;)

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I don't have the Goldfinch either, but I think your assumption is correct. And I have bought the Hi-Tech plant already. My plan was to slowly start producing the items needed for Goldfinch whenever I have some downtime on the Crossbill flights or so. But damn, it's hard to keep up with the demand for Crossbill flights. I have upgraded to 4 Mechanical plants that run more or less non-stop. But I often find the helis idle, since I don't have the items needed. Will probably have to buy 2 more mech plants.

And I also use the sparrow for the daily quests, it's an easy way to get the 30+ flights in ;)
I wouldn't bother wasting the space to buy more plants.
Once the Heli flights are 3 starred, you won't realistically use them unless you are completing 30 speed ups per day. And for that you'd fly sparrows

piffen

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03pfnolpx
Username
piffen
I wouldn't bother wasting the space to buy more plants.
Once the Heli flights are 3 starred, you won't realistically use them unless you are completing 30 speed ups per day. And for that you'd fly sparrows

Thanks a great point... Thanks ;D

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Thanks a great point... Thanks ;D
Another option since they take so long to get and it's a lot of micromanaging (what I do). I don't currently have any helicopters but I have the buildings to make the resources. So I will just get all of my resources to 100 of each before I bother going back to Helicopters

Top Bottom