Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

RE:WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

D

Deleted member 5399

Microsoft is really making things difficult for Windows users. It seems they are forcing the users to conform to Windows 10 or else.
I have completely wiped my hard drive, reformatted it, repartitioned it, and reinstalled Windows 8.1.
Countless hours waiting, downloading and installing updates have been wasted.
Now no matter what this techie has tried, I cannot install any apps from the Windows store. Even after running Microsofts fixit program, and doing it manually according to their instruction.
So if AC does upgrade through the store, I'm screwed.

porvillewright

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20v96fok
Username
pwilberwright
Microsoft is really making things difficult for Windows users. It seems they are forcing the users to conform to Windows 10 or else.
I have completely wiped my hard drive, reformatted it, repartitioned it, and reinstalled Windows 8.1.
Countless hours waiting, downloading and installing updates have been wasted.
Now no matter what this techie has tried, I cannot install any apps from the Windows store. Even after running Microsofts fixit program, and doing it manually according to their instruction.
So if AC does upgrade through the store, I'm screwed.
Ken, I did almost the same thing but was able to access the windows store. After trying to fix the laptop with windows 10 build 1511 which blew up all my games without success, I took my spare laptop, swapped out the existing hard drive with another and installed windows 8 pro. Once the operating system was up, I went to the store and downloaded all my games except for AC. The AC window told me I must upgrade to windows 8.1 before I could download it. I updated any update for windows 8 then upgraded to 8.1. Going back to the store, I was able to download AC. I'm waiting for a solution to restore my AC game from GI but my downloads with win 8 and 8.1 were seamless. Perhaps starting with windows 8 would offer you a solution.

D

Deleted member 5399

@porvillewright
I cannot roll back to a version I never had. My laptop came with Windows 8.1
And yes, see what the scoop is with Microsoft? Even on their FB page, any negative commentary they deleted, which BTW was quite a bit when I read it on Saturday.

D

Deleted member 5399

I've got game stabilized on Windows 10 the new version on tablet. Which is 32 bit OS.
So playing my games on it for now.

D

Deleted member 5399

The problem with this is not, I repeat NOT to do with the display drivers. It actually means that all of us who upgraded to Windows 10 are a step ahead of GI.
I've noticed that most if not all apps from the Store app, seem to be in proper working order because THEY ARE up to date with the new Windows.
Windows 10 even on brand new devices recently bought, are experiencing the same problem with the display drivers, albeit Intel or AMD.
When AC is upgraded, we should be able to update our display adapters as well to the new drivers.
I've already attempted to leap ahead and attempt a generic driver from Intel, to no avail. The new driver updates have to come from your device manufacturers or through Windows 10.
So it becomes a choice right now to either play AC on an older driver version, or update the driver and not play AC at all, until we get upgraded.
Free2Play are we going to have this problem with the Windows upgraded version of the game???

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this is not, I repeat NOT to do with the display drivers. It actually means that all of us who upgraded to Windows 10 are a step ahead of GI.
I've noticed that most if not all apps from the Store app, seem to be in proper working order because THEY ARE up to date with the new Windows.
Windows 10 even on brand new devices recently bought, are experiencing the same problem with the display drivers, albeit Intel or AMD.
When AC is upgraded, we should be able to update our display adapters as well to the new drivers.
I've already attempted to leap ahead and attempt a generic driver from Intel, to no avail. The new driver updates have to come from your device manufacturers or through Windows 10.
So it becomes a choice right now to either play AC on an older driver version, or update the driver and not play AC at all, until we get upgraded.
AMD wanted me to update software to crimson, told them I tried it but caused problems and had to go back to previous version.

Top Bottom