Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

RE:WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

D

Deleted member 5399

I do not know how many players have recently upgraded to the current version of Windows 10.
I do plan on speaking to Microsoft though about the problem.
I've ran every possible game from the most simplest of graphics, to probably one of the hardest, meaning NFS Most Wanted, (the new version).
Yet every time I open AC whether for a few minutes of play time or for just a few seconds, suddenly my game freezes and my Intel HD Display graphics driver 8(R) fails and corrects itself, but the game is still frozen and have to close and reopen.
I have checked for updated driver versions, rolled back to previous drivers and nothing seems to fix the problem.
So it is now time for the IT guy to seek the help of another IT guy, who might know something that I don't.
After all I don't expect to know everything with every device. But I do know that after the last Windows upgrade, we all had multiple issues stemming around this game.
As I questioned, why not any other, more complex game? Why doesn't freeze during streaming of videos?
If I can get an answer from Microsoft support, I will update my post.
I am also going to inform GI of the problem.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Are you running a 32 bit operating program of Windows 10, I have a 64 Bit HP's Gamers Laptop with top notch AMD graphics card and AC runs with no problem. Now my 32 bit desktop with NVIDIA 8800 GT has the same issues as yours is very annoying. The symptoms I experience is the processor goes to 100% usage and the game locks up. It usually happens when I visit neighbors or when I trade items. The only work around I have found to work is visit a neighbor than go back to my own airport and wait about 30 seconds and go visit another neighbor. This seems to limit the lock ups but is annoying as any person could want. I'm really starting to think it is a Windows 10 issue with the fact that 32 Bit operating systems are quickly become obsolete and Microsoft and game makers are really only updating bugs on 64 Bit operating systems. I have noticed this with some of the new games coming out on my Steam account not running worth a crap on 32 Bit, but will run awesome on my 64 Bit computer even knowing their is not really much speed difference in the two of my PC's. The latest game I have found only runs on my 64 Bit pc is "Octodad" Via Steam. It looks up and closes on my 32 bit PC just like Airport City.

D

Deleted member 5399

No @Kris
I've got a nice gaming system and when I upgraded to Windows 10, I had no issues with the game other than those that are GI related.
However when Windows just upgraded their OS this week, that's when I started having problems. I've got a Toshiba Qosmio I7 Quad core, 16GB RAM upgradeable to 32 GBRAM and 64 bit OS although I won't push it beyond 24GB RAM. I've played games from both EA/Origin, Steam, as well as other intense graphic games with no problem.
What is going on is just an issue revolving around AC for some stupid reason.
And get this, I call Microsoft, thinking they might have a different solution, but the lol guy who calls himself tech support actually went to Toshiba support and driver webpage to see if any updates were recently added just as I already told him I did..
So I'm now back to 8.1 for now until Toshiba catches up with the new Windows release once again. The same problem gave many users grief back in July when Windows 10 first came out.
LOL and to think I was a beta tester for Win 10. If you are going to throw a new OS out to the consumers, be prepared ahead of time with driver updates or software patches.
So much for listening to the Beta tester's feedback. lol IOBIT does better than Windows with feedback.
Hmmm Wonder if GI and Microsoft are working together.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I just got the latest update on Win 10 Home edition. So far so good, but now it's seem Airport City is gone crazy again for every one, can not visit neighbors and the weekend code is not working on the PC platform.

D

Deleted member 5399

Back to 8.1? I wonder if we can visit again?
@Akims
No deal there with visits. only one is Madeline Airborne. More worthless to even do any.
Just to keep up my own stores in warehouse for launches, I've stopped doing flights elsewhere to get stars and focus on Cape Canaveral, North and South Observatories, Plesetsk, and Jiuquan for launch items.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
@KenDuckySmith I hear you, this not being able to visit neighbors is killing me. I have not been able to launch for almost a week now, and like you I'm became a normal rotator from S. Observation, N. Observation, and all alike. Not getting the weekend code hurt two I was banking on the two greenies two finish my terminal construction. I never thought 2 greenies was so important until I can't get them.

D

Deleted member 5399

@Akims
I tried a blue in !KB2 this morning as one of my sidebar challenges and couldn't see myself as a neighbor but saw another neighbor.

porvillewright

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20v96fok
Username
pwilberwright
I do not know how many players have recently upgraded to the current version of Windows 10.
I do plan on speaking to Microsoft though about the problem.
I've ran every possible game from the most simplest of graphics, to probably one of the hardest, meaning NFS Most Wanted, (the new version).
Yet every time I open AC whether for a few minutes of play time or for just a few seconds, suddenly my game freezes and my Intel HD Display graphics driver 8(R) fails and corrects itself, but the game is still frozen and have to close and reopen.
I have checked for updated driver versions, rolled back to previous drivers and nothing seems to fix the problem.
So it is now time for the IT guy to seek the help of another IT guy, who might know something that I don't.
After all I don't expect to know everything with every device. But I do know that after the last Windows upgrade, we all had multiple issues stemming around this game.
As I questioned, why not any other, more complex game? Why doesn't freeze during streaming of videos?
If I can get an answer from Microsoft support, I will update my post.
I am also going to inform GI of the problem.
Hello, @KenDuckySmith. After the November windows 10 update, I launched my AC game, but just after it loaded I got a white screen. After reloading the game, I found that my game had been blown to kingdom come, starting over at level one. A little upset as I had level 55 and 134 stars, as well as a well developed city. I've send a request to GI support, but the two codes they've sent wouldn't work. In addition, most of the windows apps are inoperative on windows 10 as well as the windows store and the xbox app. I've done three clean reinstalls, but it always updates and the windows apps still remain unavailable.
I think the problem is less GI and more Microsoft particularly the windows 10 november update. I cannot play any game on the updated win 10 now (5 games before) and I've shifted what games I had to another computer using win 8.1. I hope I can get AC up and maybe restored, but we'll see.

D

Deleted member 5399

@porvillewright
Another way to look for driver updates is to go right to the source. If you have an AMD processor, chipset, etc. or intel, nividia Gforce or other try going to their website instead.
Intel has a downloadable scanning tool that checks for any Intel products installed and will notify you if something is needed. I found 1 that was for my wireless driver, but of course I've reverted back to Windows 8.1 so everything needs updated anyhow. The new driver though was dated yesterday.

D

Deleted member 5399

Man Microsoft isn't no different than GI. They push the new lol and improved Windows 10 on the users, and now I'm finding out that it's a lose-lose situation. Certain apps won't work on !0 until device or hardware and software manufacturers get caught up on patches, drivers , or firmware, and just now discovered if you roll back to Windows 8 or 8.1, apps you once had gotten from the store and did work before 10, are no longer listed for the OS.
Kind of like telling XP users to upgrade or you will be hacked. Man talk about forcing the upper hand on users, no matter what??

Top Bottom