Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Is it difficult to program scroll bars?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Please PM if adding. Will not add without PM.
Username
Sulfe (lvl 60 283★ and 9♥) / Wingit (lvl 60 155★ and 9♥)
Hi All,
I'm not a game developer and I'm wondering how difficult it is to program scroll bars. Can anyone help me to understand how they work and why they appear very inconsistent and don't work so well in this game? This is an honest question. I'm just wondering about the difficulty level. Thanks in advance.
Sulfe

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
I've noticed the first time I open the neighbours tab I can't scroll, but, if I click elsewhere on the screen then re-open the tab then I am able to scroll (not 100% of the time but the majority).

Hi All,
I'm not a game developer and I'm wondering how difficult it is to program scroll bars. Can anyone help me to understand how they work and why they appear very inconsistent and don't work so well in this game? This is an honest question. I'm just wondering about the difficulty level. Thanks in advance.
Sulfe

The AC scroll bar is not the same as the usual scroll bar.
In usual scroll bar we tend to drag the scroll button.

The AC scroll bar use different approach.
Rather than dragging the button try to click and hold on the area where we want the scroll bar to end.
At first it's hard to know where to click and hold to get the intended neighbour but after a while we'll get use to it.
I don't know why GI using this approach.
I don't like it .. but we are here to adapt.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
The AC scroll bar is not the same as the usual scroll bar.
In usual scroll bar we tend to drag the scroll button.

The AC scroll bar use different approach.
Rather than dragging the button try to click and hold on the area where we want the scroll bar to end.
At first it's hard to know where to click and hold to get the intended neighbour but after a while we'll get use to it.
I don't know why GI using this approach.
I don't like it .. but we are here to adapt.
Thanks, Juve. It just seems to me that this code should be "canned" (re-used) throughout the application. This would make scrolling the same in all places. But, different scroll bars behave differently in this game. Some are so tiny that when you don't touch them perfectly the whole screen goes away and you have to start over. Some never stop where you want them to. I don't know but maybe...just maybe it has something to do with "whatever"!
lol.gif

Thanks for answering, though. I appreciate it.
Cheers,
Sulfe

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
@Sulfe Programming scrollbars is an extraordinary complicated task. In MS VS, from the Forms library you pick up a scrollbar and place it onto your project design space in modules like "neighbors panel" or so. Then you save the project. Exclusively "gifted" developers can even create scrollbars that don't actually scroll but just hang on a side like piece of ⃥s⃥h⃥i⃥code and do nothing. Then, eventually, you call it "The-ultimate-best-and-biggest-super-amazing-this-September update" and go sell it in mid-october with some pockerface on :D

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
@Sulfe Programming scrollbars is an extraordinary complicated task. In MS VS, from the Forms library you pick up a scrollbar and place it onto your project design space in modules like "neighbors panel" or so. Then you save the project. Exclusively "gifted" developers can even create scrollbars that don't actually scroll but just hang on a side like piece of ⃥s⃥h⃥i⃥code and do nothing. Then, eventually, you call it "The-ultimate-best-and-biggest-super-amazing-this-September update" and go sell it in mid-october with some pockerface on :D

This made me laugh SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you picked up on my hidden sarcasm. I am so frigging frustrated with this game that I am not really playing anymore. I've moved on to Hay Day, like so many long time players. It's fun, it's easy, it's not a G! game, it works ALL the time, and the game gives you free stuff everyday. You can chat with neighbors in the game and over all it's just a better game.

Thanks for making me laugh.
Cheers,
Sulfe

This made me laugh SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you picked up on my hidden sarcasm. I am so frigging frustrated with this game that I am not really playing anymore. I've moved on to Hay Day, like so many long time players. It's fun, it's easy, it's not a G! game, it works ALL the time, and the game gives you free stuff everyday. You can chat with neighbors in the game and over all it's just a better game.

Thanks for making me laugh.
Cheers,
Sulfe
Yes this is hard time for GI for making lots of wrong decision.
For players that flexible enough they will move on to other games.
GI have to make it right or this game will make this forum neighbourhood is extinct them self because of lack of interest in the game.

I haven't found any new game that can be like AC.
Arrange something then I can let it go to do some real work.
Without worry if I lose internet connection.

The AC game itself can be boring after some period of time. But this forum makes it more alive.
I raise my glass to the moderator that still maintain this forum (y)

Top Bottom