Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS iPad2 crashes a lot & VK

I am playing 2 games on iPad2. Since the update, I get maybe 8 minutes of play and then everything starts slowing down and finally the game crashes. I restart the game and...well... repeat the above. This used to happen occasionally when I was visiting neighbours now it happens every time I am playing no matter what I am doing.

I have not updated these iPads to OS9 yet so wondered if this would make a difference. I also play on an iPhone 6S OS9 and iPad Air OS8 and have no problems with these games.

Any other iOS players experiencing this problem? What version of the OS are you all using?

One other question. Do any of you have a problem with the game popping up a white screen when collecting collections? If I wait long enough, it wants me to sign up to VK. This happens after collecting about 15 collections, so not just once a day. Probably a dozen times a day. I have a lot of collections....:)

Thanks,
Wabbitgirl

I am playing 2 games on iPad2. Since the update, I get maybe 8 minutes of play and then everything starts slowing down and finally the game crashes. I restart the game and...well... repeat the above. This used to happen occasionally when I was visiting neighbours now it happens every time I am playing no matter what I am doing.

I have not updated these iPads to OS9 yet so wondered if this would make a difference. I also play on an iPhone 6S OS9 and iPad Air OS8 and have no problems with these games.

Any other iOS players experiencing this problem? What version of the OS are you all using?

One other question. Do any of you have a problem with the game popping up a white screen when collecting collections? If I wait long enough, it wants me to sign up to VK. This happens after collecting about 15 collections, so not just once a day. Probably a dozen times a day. I have a lot of collections....:)

Thanks,
Wabbitgirl

My main game is on Android, but I also play on an iPad2.
It is still on iOS 8.4.1, but as there is hardly anything installed other than Airport City, there should be minimal conflicts with other applications.

Before the update, the game hardly crashes, but after the Dark Skies update it does crash now and then, especially when visiting neighbours (but it never slows down for me). I presume there is something in AC that is causing the crashes.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff

Thanks,
Wabbitgirl
I think it depends on the device and the speed of the main and video processors. AC is not recommended for iPad 1, so iPad2 is the minimum device. I play a support game on an iPad 3 and it is fairly slow to open and a bit jerky in response. My main game is now on an iPad Pro and the difference is astounding. AC opens very quickly and the gameplay is very smooth.
Having many apps open at the same time could also slow the game down because RAM is limited.
Cheers,
Tom

I think it depends on the device and the speed of the main and video processors. AC is not recommended for iPad 1, so iPad2 is the minimum device. I play a support game on an iPad 3 and it is fairly slow to open and a bit jerky in response. My main game is now on an iPad Pro and the difference is astounding. AC opens very quickly and the gameplay is very smooth.
Having many apps open at the same time could also slow the game down because RAM is limited.
Cheers,
Tom

Wow! You must be the first person here to play AC on iPad pro.
But isn't it cumbersome to play AC on a big 12.9" tablet?

I bring my Nexus 7 everywhere I go because it still fits my front or back pocket.
The 10" iPad however stays at home (unless I have a bag with me).

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Wow! You must be the first person here to play AC on iPad pro.
But isn't it cumbersome to play AC on a big 12.9" tablet?

I bring my Nexus 7 everywhere I go because it still fits my front or back pocket.
The 10" iPad however stays at home (unless I have a bag with me).
@Bali Hi
I've only had the iPad Pro for less than a week. Yes, it's big, but it's also incredibly light. I can hold it in my left hand quite easily and tap with my right. And it's really fast.
Unfortunately, AC is not scaled for the device; while it's great for my old eyes, I'd like it better if the bigger screen showed a bigger area of Airport City. The new update for The Simpsons Tapped Out, for example, is scaled for it so it shows a bigger area and requires less scrolling to see the entire city.
Cheers,
Tom

@Bali Hi
I've only had the iPad Pro for less than a week. Yes, it's big, but it's also incredibly light. I can hold it in my left hand quite easily and tap with my right. And it's really fast.
Unfortunately, AC is not scaled for the device; while it's great for my old eyes, I'd like it better if the bigger screen showed a bigger area of Airport City. The new update for The Simpsons Tapped Out, for example, is scaled for it so it shows a bigger area and requires less scrolling to see the entire city.
Cheers,
Tom

That's true, GI should enable us to shrink the city to fit the screen.
It's nice to be able to screen capture your airport in its entity.

BTW, I just recently figured out something. You guys may have already known it, but I just found out yesterday. When you visit a neighbour to look for a specific building, it's difficult because of the coins etc on top of the building. I just realised that you can zoom out the screen so that the buildings are more spaced out and less hidden by the coins. It makes it easier to look for the specific building.

Is this a new feature? Cause I can't find the 75% 100% 125% button anymore.

Thanks for the response every one.

My iPhone 6S is very quick and smooth, a pleasure to play on it. The iPad Air (first release) is quite good also. Neither of these crash at all so it must be the processor that can't keep up. I have nothing else running on either of these iPad2 as they are only my AC support games.

Bali Hi when you say yours crashes also, does it happen during each play time or just every few days or so? When I say it starts slowing down, it starts getting jerky and hesitates, works a bit longer and then....poof...it's gone.

No one answered about being asked to join VK which I think is their facebook. I get asked on all my games several times a day which is very annoying.

BTW, I just recently figured out something. You guys may have already known it, but I just found out yesterday. When you visit a neighbour to look for a specific building, it's difficult because of the coins etc on top of the building. I just realised that you can zoom out the screen so that the buildings are more spaced out and less hidden by the coins. It makes it easier to look for the specific building.

Is this a new feature? Cause I can't find the 75% 100% 125% button anymore.

I also wondered where the percentage button got to and it took a few days to realize I could pinch the screen to make it bigger or smaller. Not only when visiting but at my city as well.

Something else I found out, if you tap on a building at your neighbours, it will tell you what the building name is and if it will drop anything when collecting.

Thanks for the response every one.

Bali Hi when you say yours crashes also, does it happen during each play time or just every few days or so? When I say it starts slowing down, it starts getting jerky and hesitates, works a bit longer and then....poof...it's gone.

No one answered about being asked to join VK which I think is their facebook. I get asked on all my games several times a day which is very annoying.

Wabbitgirl,

I updated my iPad2 to Dark Skies 2015 last week, and it has crashed maybe 3 or 4 times and each time it is while visiting neighbours. In my case, it doesn't get jerky at all, everything is normal, then it crashes after visiting a neighbour. I visit 12 neighbours a day, of course.

The iOS version 8.4.1 I am using is the very last before iOS 9. One day after I upgraded the software, Apple released iOS 9.

Regarding VK, I did not not experience it at all.

Top Bottom