Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Idea - The Alliance Cargo Plane

I was thinking of an interesting idea, the Alliance Cargo Airplane. This would used by the Alliance Leader to send some reword and/or some type of present to the recipient. It would land on the recipient's runway just like a it was their own Airplane. The difference would be that when the plane reaches the gate and the user clicks it, "Mailman Harry Williams" would appear with a particular message and the "present" would appear. The plane then takes off. The present could be something like a "Fuel 300", "Fuel 150", "1 Gold Token", "5 Silver Tokens", or some type of bonus such as a "Spyglass" or "Junior Captain".

I mentioned message because I can see this "Alliance Airplane" being used by an alliance leader for situations such as:

1) Thank You for Exceeding Expectations - examples would be where the player is mentoring someone a fellow member that completes all Alliance Mission Tasks are completed when only was required, had a PAX count of 200,000 when 100,000 PAX were required etc.
2) Congratulations - for positive life events that player is experiencing such as a promotion at work, graduation in a player's Family, recent retirement, etc.
3) We support you - support to a player that is experiencing some personal hardship or loss.

The Alliance Cargo Plane could look something like an "an-125" or a "NASA Super Guppy".

There would be 2 limits to this:
1) The alliance leader may NOT send the plane to themselves
2) The plane can only be sent to each individual player once a week.

The alliance leader should be able to send the plane to everyone except themselves.

The general train of thought is that an alliance needs to promote relationships as well as use a "carrot or stick" approach to get users meet the Alliance's Goals".

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The main concern I have with this idea is that it may encourage favoritism within the alliance. I think a better spin on it is to take the same idea and allow for each member to send one alliance map to another member...only doing so once a week. That way, each member can share their excess maps with other members who don't have.

The main concern I have with this idea is that it may encourage favoritism within the alliance.
I agree that it can encourage favoritism and perceived favoritism )where a player thinks that someone else is favored by a personal relationship rather than getting a special consideration for some other reason that may actually legitimate. Such things happen in real life (I find this game eerie in how much it resembles resembles real-life) and I also think the perceived or actual favoritism is an issue of an alliance leader governing poorly.

I also admit that this is clear manipulation by an alliance leader but if you think about, we manipulate each other all of the time and often it is not for direct personal gain.

In this game, you as an alliance leader only have 1 formal tool you can use and that is to kick out alliance member. That's only a stick that you can use to set a minimum standard. What I am trying to propose is another formal tool, the "carrot" to encourage the behavior you want to see through incentives.
I think a better spin on it is to take the same idea and allow for each member to send one alliance map to another member...only doing so once a week. That way, each member can share their excess maps with other members who don't have.
I am actually open to that idea but I am more neutral about it. The idea was floated around earlier. An issue I can though is that it would only benefit people in alliances that actually have the maps and that would NOT help in alliances that serve low-level players that would NOT have the maps.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I agree that it can encourage favoritism and perceived favoritism )where a player thinks that someone else is favored by a personal relationship rather than getting a special consideration for some other reason that may actually legitimate. Such things happen in real life (I find this game eerie in how much it resembles resembles real-life) and I also think the perceived or actual favoritism is an issue of an alliance leader governing poorly.

I also admit that this is clear manipulation by an alliance leader but if you think about, we manipulate each other all of the time and often it is not for direct personal gain.

In this game, you as an alliance leader only have 1 formal tool you can use and that is to kick out alliance member. That's only a stick that you can use to set a minimum standard. What I am trying to propose is another formal tool, the "carrot" to encourage the behavior you want to see through incentives.

I am actually open to that idea but I am more neutral about it. The idea was floated around earlier. An issue I can though is that it would only benefit people in alliances that actually have the maps and that would NOT help in alliances that serve low-level players that would NOT have the maps.
True, which is why I think the current rewards system should be updated. I think all alliances should receive one map a week, top 100 receive 2, top 50 receive 3, top 20 receive 4, top 10 receive 5, 3rd receives 6, 2nd receives 7, and 1st receives 10.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961
I was thinking of an interesting idea, the Alliance Cargo Airplane. This would used by the Alliance Leader to send some reword and/or some type of present to the recipient. It would land on the recipient's runway just like a it was their own Airplane. The difference would be that when the plane reaches the gate and the user clicks it, "Mailman Harry Williams" would appear with a particular message and the "present" would appear. The plane then takes off. The present could be something like a "Fuel 300", "Fuel 150", "1 Gold Token", "5 Silver Tokens", or some type of bonus such as a "Spyglass" or "Junior Captain".

I mentioned message because I can see this "Alliance Airplane" being used by an alliance leader for situations such as:

1) Thank You for Exceeding Expectations - examples would be where the player is mentoring someone a fellow member that completes all Alliance Mission Tasks are completed when only was required, had a PAX count of 200,000 when 100,000 PAX were required etc.
2) Congratulations - for positive life events that player is experiencing such as a promotion at work, graduation in a player's Family, recent retirement, etc.
3) We support you - support to a player that is experiencing some personal hardship or loss.

The Alliance Cargo Plane could look something like an "an-125" or a "NASA Super Guppy".

There would be 2 limits to this:
1) The alliance leader may NOT send the plane to themselves
2) The plane can only be sent to each individual player once a week.

The alliance leader should be able to send the plane to everyone except themselves.

The general train of thought is that an alliance needs to promote relationships as well as use a "carrot or stick" approach to get users meet the Alliance's Goals".
Sorry.. i know this has nothing to do with the subject.. but.. could someone pls tell me how to get a PAX count of 200,000.. would be very much appreciated.. coz im struggling just to get 1500.. thank you in advance ;-)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Sorry.. i know this has nothing to do with the subject.. but.. could someone pls tell me how to get a PAX count of 200,000.. would be very much appreciated.. coz im struggling just to get 1500.. thank you in advance ;-)
Are you a part of an alliance? Usually top alliances have all sorts of tips and tricks to get your pax up. You can join mine if you aren't. Here are a few hints:
1) Fly bigger planes. This is the easiest way to increase your pax without much effort. Focus on jumbos, giants, condors, and definitely falcons.
2) Join a fuel ring to get extra fuel. If you want to keep your fleet on constant rotation, you'll need more fuel than you accumulate on your own. You will need even more fuel if you want to instant speed up your flights.

Thise are the two main things that will have the biggest impact. However, there are other minor things you can do which would reduce flight time and increase your turnover rate, which generates more pax, such as using fuel catalysts, getting planes with speed bonuses,and using Vintage Weathervane bonus. All these will help.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961
Are you a part of an alliance? Usually top alliances have all sorts of tips and tricks to get your pax up. You can join mine if you aren't. Here are a few hints:
1) Fly bigger planes. This is the easiest way to increase your pax without much effort. Focus on jumbos, giants, condors, and definitely falcons.
2) Join a fuel ring to get extra fuel. If you want to keep your fleet on constant rotation, you'll need more fuel than you accumulate on your own. You will need even more fuel if you want to instant speed up your flights.

Thise are the two main things that will have the biggest impact. However, there are other minor things you can do which would reduce flight time and increase your turnover rate, which generates more pax, such as using fuel catalysts, getting planes with speed bonuses,and using Vintage Weathervane bonus. All these will help.
Thank you.. so if understand this correctly.. n you are welcome to correct me if i'm wrong.. it's all about keeping the terminal empty of passengers making you able to collect passengers more often from the residential buidings.. nxt must then be upgrading the terminal.. currently at level 9.. i'm at level 76.. n add or figure out what buildings increases the terminal passenger count along with the buildings that produsces most passengers in less time.. ok i think i got it.. thanks once again for your help n your reply.. very much appreciated.. kind regards Jan

I would also add "Magic Squares." I have 2 examples in my City. Here's a picture showing what I mean. Look at the empty areas surrounded by various buildings.

MagicSquare.jpg

The 2x2 is almost textbook. The idea is to stack residential bonuses. I can get over '*300%" with those. Instead of clicking a Stone Castle to get 36 Passengers, I would move the Stone Castle to the 2x2 Magic Square, click it to collect 36+122 Passengers, and the move the Stone Castle back to it's original location. Try that with an emerald house and you get "99+335".

You do something similar on a lesser scale with those "trees" or other items that a provide a residential bonuses. That certainly reduces the number of residential I have to collect from.

HTH.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Thank you.. so if understand this correctly.. n you are welcome to correct me if i'm wrong.. it's all about keeping the terminal empty of passengers making you able to collect passengers more often from the residential buidings.. nxt must then be upgrading the terminal.. currently at level 9.. i'm at level 76.. n add or figure out what buildings increases the terminal passenger count along with the buildings that produsces most passengers in less time.. ok i think i got it.. thanks once again for your help n your reply.. very much appreciated.. kind regards Jan
A bigger terminal helps to keep you ready to provide pax yes, but that isn't going to actually generate more pax per week. The most important thing is to increase how much passengers each flight carries, as well as increase the frequency of those flights. The extra fuel and the larger terminal is to acommodate that increase.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I would also add "Magic Squares." I have 2 examples in my City. Here's a picture showing what I mean. Look at the empty areas surrounded by various buildings.

View attachment 59500
The 2x2 is almost textbook. The idea is to stack residential bonuses. I can get over '*300%" with those. Instead of clicking a Stone Castle to get 36 Passengers, I would move the Stone Castle to the 2x2 Magic Square, click it to collect 36+122 Passengers, and the move the Stone Castle back to it's original location. Try that with an emerald house and you get "99+335".

You do something similar on a lesser scale with those "trees" or other items that a provide a residential bonuses. That certainly reduces the number of residential I have to collect from.

HTH.
Yup I have one of those too. However, those help more when doing map flights, as you need a ton of pax quickly to keep up with those flights.

So if you're at level 76 I guess you mistyped on your first post... Perhaps you meant 150k pax?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961

View attachment 59500

HTH.
Thank you.. very nice of you.. only question is.. where do i get the magic squares ?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961
So if you're at level 76 I guess you mistyped on your first post... Perhaps you meant 150k pax?
No.. sorry.. i did not mistype.. i have actually only been flying the events mostly since i started playing about a year ago.. only flying the swifts n owls.. so passengers were never an issue n neither the fuel.. the fuel still isn't as i have tons of fuel unable to use coz now i struggle never having enough passengers to fly the large planes.. n to be honest.. i'm still a bit confused about what to do about the passengers.. maybe i will see the light someday.. hopefully.. soon

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961

View attachment 59500

HTH.
Sorry.. i got you wrong the 1st time.. i got it now.. or at least think so.. i have to create the magic squares myself right.. i was so blind caused by this passenger issue of mine i did not see that.. thank you for your help.. very much appreciated.. kind regards Jan

No.. sorry.. i did not mistype.. i have actually only been flying the events mostly since i started playing about a year ago.. only flying the swifts n owls.. so passengers were never an issue n neither the fuel.. the fuel still isn't as i have tons of fuel unable to use coz now i struggle never having enough passengers to fly the large planes.. n to be honest.. i'm still a bit confused about what to do about the passengers.. maybe i will see the light someday.. hopefully.. soon
Oh I see. There's a balance between fuel needed, pax carried and time. But of course to carry more passengers you need larger planes. Swifts and owls only won't let you achieve not even 20k ... @Chloe11111 and others have some nice guides for newbies, you should give a look. Capt. Rollins guides cover many topics, they're better to deepen particular aspects, such as launches.

Thank you.. very nice of you.. only question is.. where do i get the magic squares ?
Magic Squares are not buildings. It's strategy that uses buildings that accumulate over time. Look at the picture while I describe some things. In the first (innermost row), I have various types of trees and squares that you spend greenies on at the "Store". Each one of those has a residential bonus of 10% with a radius of one. If don't want to spend the greenies, you may spend coin on "Tree", "Small Lake", and "Angel Monument" and each one of those will give you a 5% residential bonus with a radius of 1. You have to have the road in this row as well since building you temporally move into requires a road. The second row is the metro stations. Each one has a residential bonus of 10% with a radius of 2 and these metro stations are nice because they require NO ROAD. There are a few other buildings that you can use as well such as "Brick House" (you can occasionally buy those with greenies during a sale) and "Winter Hotel" that have a residential bonus of 5% with a radius of 2. You can get that by making repeated helicopter flights to Denali with a Goldfinch to complete the "Flips and Spins" collection 5 times). The third row contains 6 "Ski Facilities" that you can get with repeated helicopter flights to "Mont Blanc" with a Goldfinch to complete the "On a Ski Slope" 5 times. In addition, I also some other "Power buildings" that are prizes in events that have a residential radius bonus of at least 1% with a radius of 3 or more.

A key to this is start small and build up with you have and are willing to acquire. If you are unwilling to spend greenies or buy the "Metro Stations" through the "Metro Station" sales, that's fine because you can still get quite a good combination of residential bonuses that will make it easier for you to acquire passengers just like I described. I know several people that have scaled what I have said and they seem to be happy with it.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961
Oh I see. There's a balance between fuel needed, pax carried and time. But of course to carry more passengers you need larger planes. Swifts and owls only won't let you achieve not even 20k ... @Chloe11111 and others have some nice guides for newbies, you should give a look. Capt. Rollins guides cover many topics, they're better to deepen particular aspects, such as launches.
I will give the guides a look.. thank you for your help.. have a nice time n game.. kind regards Jan

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20cegvln5
Username
jank1961
Magic Squares are not buildings. It's strategy that uses buildings that accumulate over time. Look at the picture while I describe some things. In the first (innermost row), I have various types of trees and squares that you spend greenies on at the "Store". Each one of those has a residential bonus of 10% with a radius of one. If don't want to spend the greenies, you may spend coin on "Tree", "Small Lake", and "Angel Monument" and each one of those will give you a 5% residential bonus with a radius of 1. You have to have the road in this row as well since building you temporally move into requires a road. The second row is the metro stations. Each one has a residential bonus of 10% with a radius of 2 and these metro stations are nice because they require NO ROAD. There are a few other buildings that you can use as well such as "Brick House" (you can occasionally buy those with greenies during a sale) and "Winter Hotel" that have a residential bonus of 5% with a radius of 2. You can get that by making repeated helicopter flights to Denali with a Goldfinch to complete the "Flips and Spins" collection 5 times). The third row contains 6 "Ski Facilities" that you can get with repeated helicopter flights to "Mont Blanc" with a Goldfinch to complete the "On a Ski Slope" 5 times. In addition, I also some other "Power buildings" that are prizes in events that have a residential radius bonus of at least 1% with a radius of 3 or more.

A key to this is start small and build up with you have and are willing to acquire. If you are unwilling to spend greenies or buy the "Metro Stations" through the "Metro Station" sales, that's fine because you can still get quite a good combination of residential bonuses that will make it easier for you to acquire passengers just like I described. I know several people that have scaled what I have said and they seem to be happy with it.
Thank you.. very nice of you n so very much appreciated.. sorry i got you wrong 1st time but i was so blind caused by this passenger issue of mine i did not see that.. have a nice time n game.. kind regards Jan

Top Bottom