Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game loss? I'm building a new Windows 10 PC

I need to finish my new PC build today and will be reinstalling Windows 10 home.
I've read other posts saying GI can help restore, but others saying I can use a backup that resides in User-App data if I recall.

Any advice on how best to restore my game would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Charles
I believe the backup workaround is only applicable if using same device ID. Since this is a new build the device ID I suspect will change thereby requiring GI to assist but I would get this confirmed by someone more familiar with such scenario.
You may have greater feedback posting to the problem section on here denoting Windows platform.

Best of luck 🤞

Last edited:

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I believe the backup workaround is only applicable if using same device ID. Since this is a new build the device ID will change thereby requiring GI to assist but I would get this confirmed by someone more familiar with such scenario.
You may have greater feedback posting to the problem section on here denoting Windows platform.

Best of luck 🤞
Thanks for that, will look further into it.
Take Care,
Charles

There is a risk with the windows back up. I have successfully used it twice to change to a new laptop, and also when my laptop crashed earlier this year, I transferred the backup to my wife's machine, and then when the laptop had been repaired, I transferred it back. No problem. The official method is via GI, but the backup method has worked for me a number of times.

Think these are still the right instructions. - versions may have changed, the important thing is to find and copy the "local state" folder - its what I do daily, and copy to a memory key, and it takes just seconds. By the way if you restore to a new machine, DO NOT PLAY the old machine again as you may be blocked as a cheater.

DAILY BACK UP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState or similar
3) With this folder open, copy and paste the contents, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for the game. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder.
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is even easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is close the game and the LocalState folder is created.
2) Go to where you saved your LocalState folder, copy the contents and replacing the ones in the "new" local state file.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.

Good luck!

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
There is a risk with the windows back up. I have successfully used it twice to change to a new laptop, and also when my laptop crashed earlier this year, I transferred the backup to my wife's machine, and then when the laptop had been repaired, I transferred it back. No problem. The official method is via GI, but the backup method has worked for me a number of times.

Think these are still the right instructions. - versions may have changed, the important thing is to find and copy the "local state" folder - its what I do daily, and copy to a memory key, and it takes just seconds. By the way if you restore to a new machine, DO NOT PLAY the old machine again as you may be blocked as a cheater.

DAILY BACK UP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState or similar
3) With this folder open, copy and paste the contents, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for the game. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder.
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is even easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is close the game and the LocalState folder is created.
2) Go to where you saved your LocalState folder, copy the contents and replacing the ones in the "new" local state file.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.

Good luck!
Hi there!

Thanks for that info, and I'm aware of the AppData folder and have previously backed these files up. I may go this route, not sure yet, but I may return to ask for additional info if that's okay?

Thanks again and take care,
Charles

Okay, I tested this out with one of my supports on another device and it worked!
Thanks again!
Charles
Fanfare.jpg
Great news

Top Bottom