Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Game keeps crashing

GI support replied to me saying they acknowledge issues with Android 12. Are you running 12?
That's the reply I got too but to be honest I would not know if I am running Andriod 12. The strange thing for me is that I have 2 games on my Samsung phone, 1 is through Google Play store and the other is through the Galaxy Store. The game through Google layis the one that crashes all the time. The one through Galaxy Store doesn't.

Bobster

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Bobster
1645015877182.png

It hopefully should be fixed in the new update.

You can try using the trail version till it gets fixed, also running 2 airport city accounts (though through different emails) on same device definitely crashes one of the accounts, especially on android, no matter where you download it from.
For those who want reason for this, it is a bit related to coding and storage
Reason 1 : All android apps have a folder created for them when you download an app or a game from any of app stores, the app name is same for any app downloaded from any store and 2 folders can't have same name.
Reason 2 : For same folder you cannot have 2 files of same name and if same name is there, there will be a problem and the game/app will have issues accessing file which has code
Reason 3 : The OS (Android for this issue) cannot run two games or apps registered with same name at same time
There are many more reasons which are related to coding which I wouldn't deal with right now

There is no issue if you have 1 Airport City account and one Aeropolis Beta account (Beta app of Airport City) on same device, the issue doesn't occur in this case as it has different names

(Note : This is purely based on my analysis)

For those who want reason for this, it is a bit related to coding and storage
Reason 1 : All android apps have a folder created for them when you download an app or a game from any of app stores, the app name is same for any app downloaded from any store and 2 folders can't have same name.
Reason 2 : For same folder you cannot have 2 files of same name and if same name is there, there will be a problem and the game/app will have issues accessing file which has code
Reason 3 : The OS (Android for this issue) cannot run two games or apps registered with same name at same time
There are many more reasons which are related to coding which I wouldn't deal with right now

There is no issue if you have 1 Airport City account and one Aeropolis Beta account (Beta app of Airport City) on same device, the issue doesn't occur in this case as it has different names

(Note : This is purely based on my analysis)
I only have the one install on my Android device

One fix I can think of now is :
Copy the GI Link code, create a trail account and link it to confirm it still has all resources, uninstall and reinstall the game, link back with the gi link code from trail. This ensures no progress is lost as well as the app may get stabilized
I've just transferred my game to my new phone yesterday using that method .. still having problems

Top Bottom