Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows game crashing

I have a similar problem. The game lasts 20 seconds, then disappears from memory. It was fine before 7.2.9 was installed. Ticket issued to support, but Im not hopeful.
I also have a game in win10 v7.2.9. It only runs properly if not in full screen mode. No crashes though. MS windows 10 Home, v 10.0.18362

I have a similar problem. The game lasts 20 seconds, then disappears from memory. It was fine before 7.2.9 was installed. Ticket issued to support, but Im not hopeful.
Just one thing: I had to go to windows store and force update and install. Before that it seemed to be installed, but it didn’t start, similar to what you all have been reporting.

Dancing Dolphin

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20epk5sg7
Username
DolfinAir.F20
Mine never gets past the first few seconds after loading. I have lost the rewards from one space flight, plus so far at least one whole day of game play. I contacted Game Insight and got an automated message back saying they are swamped and will take "longer than usual" to respond. So, there goes the current Egypt challenge I guess - and I will probably lose half my neighbors and team because it will look like I am not bothered to play.

Dancing Dolphin

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20epk5sg7
Username
DolfinAir.F20
Just one thing: I had to go to windows store and force update and install. Before that it seemed to be installed, but it didn’t start, similar to what you all have been reporting.
Hi TeresaLisboa, how did you force it to update again? I have tried it several times and can't get it to re update.

Hi TeresaLisboa, how did you force it to update again? I have tried it several times and can't get it to re update.
To be honest, I don’t know for sure. I just know that ac seemed updated, but wasn’t running, and I was able to get an update from windows store...

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Thank you once again @TeresaLisboa , your suggestion has fixed the problem. However when I restart the game it wants to default to fullscreen mode, so I have to be quick and reset that every time. Lets hope the dev team cotton on to this and fix it with the next update.

Thank you once again @TeresaLisboa , your suggestion has fixed the problem. However when I restart the game it wants to default to fullscreen mode, so I have to be quick and reset that every time. Lets hope the dev team cotton on to this and fix it with the next update.
Yep, same here. Every time I start the PC version of AC I have to quickly go to the top right corner and toggle off full screen
But I’m glad it works also with you.

Dancing Dolphin

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20epk5sg7
Username
DolfinAir.F20
HI ALL PLEASE READ:

After reading through a few suggestions, I tried to force the download to restart and it just kept telling me it was already installed. So, went to "properties" for the game app and applied "run in normal window" instead of "run maximized". It still insisted on running maximized, so I just go and click the arrows to make sure it starts up in normal window mode. Gotta get to it fast before it loads all the way, so do it while the start screen is still up. Now, it may still crash a couple times but just persist and it will eventually let you play your game! At first, it also would not let me collect the daily prize for the number of egyptian masks; did not let me visit neighbors....but, I got mad enough to close down, reopen, put up with the odd crash or three, and finally had a win. Very hard to read the game in normal window mode on my Lenovo Notebook and with reading glasses! But nothing ventured nothing gained is the old saying! Good luck to all - it would be a shame to lose neighbors or alliance members because it looks like you are not bothering to log on every day.

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
HI ALL PLEASE READ:

After reading through a few suggestions, I tried to force the download to restart and it just kept telling me it was already installed. So, went to "properties" for the game app and applied "run in normal window" instead of "run maximized". It still insisted on running maximized, so I just go and click the arrows to make sure it starts up in normal window mode. Gotta get to it fast before it loads all the way, so do it while the start screen is still up. Now, it may still crash a couple times but just persist and it will eventually let you play your game! At first, it also would not let me collect the daily prize for the number of egyptian masks; did not let me visit neighbors....but, I got mad enough to close down, reopen, put up with the odd crash or three, and finally had a win. Very hard to read the game in normal window mode on my Lenovo Notebook and with reading glasses! But nothing ventured nothing gained is the old saying! Good luck to all - it would be a shame to lose neighbors or alliance members because it looks like you are not bothering to log on every day.

DD, I had much the same problem, and can now play in maximised screen mode, but not full screen. Yes, get to the window resize button as soon as it starts and its fine.

Sorry you - and others - had such trouble. Ive ticketed support with this, told them to tell their dev team, and they say they havent heard of such a problem. Maybe its a minority of W10 players who are affected. Whatever the case, they need to know, and to fix this (Im now sending them the link to this page!)

Good luck .... everybody ... (sheesh)

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Hi Forum Members

Just an update on my talks with Support regarding this issue. Its seems their dev team is now aware of the problem and they are now working on a fix. No mention of when that will arrive, but I would assume it wont be until the next update/event. Until then, continue using @TeresaLisboa 's solution, it seems to work very well, but you do have to get to that Restore button as soon as it appears.

Good luck

RL

PS. Many thanks once again to the indispensable @TeresaLisboa , where would we be without you.

Top Bottom