Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Events ranking issues

Device
  1. iPad
Hello everyone,

During the last Cinemania event, I noticed that the final ranking of the event can significantly differ from the real-time list provided within the mini-game. As an example, I have been competing intensively with another player during the last hours of the contest, sometimes with less than 10 points of difference between us (either for him, either for me). The battle was intense ! However, 2 hours before the deadline, his increasing rate slowed down and finally stopped, while I was continuing to progress to increase my advance and ensure my 10th place.

Finally, one (1 !) second before the end of the event, I took a screenshot of my rank. I was at 10th place, with 19292 points, and the competitor behind me at 11th position me had 18797 points. that makes almost 500 points of difference, which is a large amount for this event. However, when the contest ended, I received the reward for rank #11 instead of rank #10 that I expected. I have immediately sent a request to GI support, asking how such last second change could occur. The team politely answered that I had to check my Wifi connection, suggesting that I might be poorly synchronized with the game "real-time" ranking. This is naturally not a satisfying answer, knowing that I had been following the progress during hours to check the overall progress of my competitors and myself.

So my question is: can anyone have a possible explanation for such large divergence between the "realtime" ranking displayed within the game and the final ranking computed by GI ?

Tolomeia

Crash and burn

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20FXNPRHU
Username
CrashnBurn
I'm a new player, but just want to point out some may want to wait until the end to claim tasks.
The last event I had 1600 points waiting to be claimed until the end (up my sleeve) as a backup.
Not saying he did that (could be something nefarious) just there was 1600 points in tasks which you could 'take' well after you earned them.

Device
  1. iPad
Ok, I get the technical idea: you mean that you do not claim the completed tasks on the moment and keep them for later. Well, I think I understand how to do that, but what is the interest of doing so ? o_O Not only it perturbates the overall ranking list, but it induces the risk to forget to claim some tasks before the deadline.... :unsure:

Crash and burn

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20FXNPRHU
Username
CrashnBurn
For sure I get your concerns. I have to admit when I decided to not take the tasks I wasn't thinking of the overall ranking list... I was trying to win.
I thought of it as a strategy.

Maybe I am wrong in doing so, I have made many mistakes.
But I do think this may explain the situation you have encountered.

Maybe I am wrong and your opponent was in fact cheating... I do not know!

In any case, I love this game and wish you all the best :)

Device
  1. iPad
I thought of it as a strategy.
I fully understand using strategies to win, this is absolutely understandable and I would certainly have nothing against it on the principle: any player can play the game as he wants, and nobody is forced to claim the tasks as soon as they are completed. My only point here is: what is the interest for the player to do so ? I just do not see what advantage this strategy can bring, since it provides no bonus or additional reward. My only guess is that it could perhaps reduce the intensity of the competition between players (by appearing less "competitive" as in reality)... ?? :unsure:

But I do think this may explain the situation you have encountered.
Absolutely, this is probably what has happened. Thank you for your insights and this discussion ! :)

In any case, I love this game and wish you all the best :)
I love it too, and I hope you will enjoy it for long too ! ;)

Hello everyone,

However, 2 hours before the deadline, his increasing rate slowed down and finally stopped, while I was continuing to progress to increase my advance and ensure my 10th place.

Finally, one (1 !) second before the end of the event, I took a screenshot of my rank. I was at 10th place, with 19292 points, and the competitor behind me at 11th position me had 18797 points. that makes almost 500 points of difference, which is a large amount for this event. However, when the contest ended, I received the reward for rank #11 instead of rank #10 that I expected. I have immediately sent a request to GI support, asking how such last second change could occur. The team politely answered that I had to check my Wifi connection, suggesting that I might be poorly synchronized with the game "real-time" ranking. This is naturally not a satisfying answer, knowing that I had been following the progress during hours to check the overall progress of my competitors and myself.

So my question is: can anyone have a possible explanation for such large divergence between the "realtime" ranking displayed within the game and the final ranking computed by GI ?

Tolomeia
Firstly, only G! can provide the true details (and they won't) and very unlikely via their support group because they only issue canned responses. 500 points is actually quite minimal, is simply the reward for completing all tasks from this event and easily overlooked and therefore possibly just wasn't collected during the event or as others have pointed out - all tasks.

It could simply be player(s) went offline to lure others into complacency. This could have been an intentional ambush (strategy) or simply coincidence but often occurs. I say others because without the final ranking published it could have been an even lower player that surpassed you. The key is to acquire the greatest difference to better ensure ranking. Some might call this the final push to the end, others don't care and place wherever. The more you play the more likely you'll fall into the latter over time to avoid burn out. Additionally, all clients sync to the server but not necessarily simultaneously so your clients last update wasn't necessarily the final due to timing. Again, we don't get to see the final rankings\scores so we never know. :banghead:

Last edited:
Top Bottom