Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Drop Rate Math

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Anyone who likes to think about the math behind the game. Do you think the drop rates are based on both number of flights and time between flights? It seems like I get a better/quicker drop of an item brought back on a flight if I spread my flights out to different destinations instead of sending all my planes repeatedly to one destination for a period of time. So for example : I send 6 planes repeatedly to one destination over a 24 hour period. Or I try sending to different destinations with emphasis on that particular one destination, it seems my drops rates are equal.

6 planes to No Observatory (N.O.) x 4 times a day = 24 trip N.O. And gave me the same drop rate as

6 planes out but only 3 were dedicated to No Observatory = 12 trip to N.O.

It isn't just one example. I feel that I get a good drop from a trip if I haven't flown there in a while.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Anyone who likes to think about the math behind the game. Do you think the drop rates are based on both number of flights and time between flights?
Nope, I don't think so....
I think drops are not related to the amount of flights you make, but are only related to the moment you 'land' the plane.

We are talking without using bonus and about regular drops right.
Yes.. I feel that is a maximum number of drops per time frame.
I do not know what minute or hour the time frame is but if you are on that time frame no matter how you push your plane with fuel to land and takeoff. You will never get the drop.

Status of the destination is in the calculation too.
If you have 3 star it (expert status) is harder to get drop.

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Nope, I don't think so....
I think drops are not related to the amount of flights you make, but are only related to the moment you 'land' the plane.
Can you explain what you mean? I don't understand. What is significant about the moment a plane is landed and how are drop rates related to it?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Can you explain what you mean? I don't understand. What is significant about the moment a plane is landed and how are drop rates related to it?
I think the second you click the plane it checks it's programming if something should drop or not and the item what should drop.....
In the past some of us had savingproblems with the game. We landed planes, got a drop, left the game and when we returned the planes landed again and didn't drop the item that dropped earlier. If drops were related to amount, etc, drops would be the same in both cases.

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Yes I agree about the programming and landing. My question is about that programming. Is it based on how many times you have landed that plane to that particular destination or is it based on the time lapse between the last time you landed that trip to that location or both. I lean toward both.

Does the code look something like this

Drop potential = #landing *drop rate % OR

Drop potential = (if time<X) then #landing *drop rate%1, (if time>X) then #landing*drop rate% 2.

What I am thinking is it appears that if I haven't flown to a destination in a while, my drop rate potential is greater. Just wondering if this is true and if so, I will spread my flights out more to increase the time between flight.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
As I know it, it is not related to both but purely the (fraction) of a second you hit the button.... And what is programmed for that second. Not related to how often you fly or how many time in between

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
As I know it, it is not related to both but purely the (fraction) of a second you hit the button.... And what is programmed for that second. Not related to how often you fly or how many time in between
oh...very interesting. Thank you

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
No other strategy to increase your odds than play longer and hope for luck.
You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. LOL

Top Bottom