Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Down The Rabbit Hole - Plane Of Hearts Dilemma

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
So with this year's Down The Rabbit Hole event, we no longer get actual Plane of Hearts. Instead, we get the livery....no problem with that in itself. However, this causes some inconveniences for the player:
1) Because of how liveries are currently handled, you only have one option to obtain the livery for free. The other option is to pay 2 greenies for the livery, but not everyone wants to spend greenies in the game.
2) If you keep the Plane of Hearts swift through the weekly reset, your alliance tasks will now be assigned to Swifts, which may not be what the player wants to fly for their alliance
3) You would have to sell your Plane of Hearts if you want to keep your usual alliance tasks the following week

As I said, you can just spend greenies and get the Plane of Hearts livery back, but it shouldn't be this way. The suggestions below could easily prevent this from happening in the future. You only need one of these suggestions to work, but the game would be so much better if you implement both:

Suggestion #1 - Make liveries detachable from an aircraft before it is sold. This is the easiest change to implement. All you would need to do is change the livery back to a regular swift aircraft before selling it. Once the week resets and the weekly alliance tasks are assigned, you can purchase a Swift and then re-apply the same livery.
Suggestion #2 - Determine Alliance Task based on the planes with an assigned slot, not considering planes in the reserve hangar. This suggestion is still easy, but may be a little bit harder than the first suggestion. This would pair well with @DarekK 's suggestion of only allowing destinations not 3 starred to show up in the alliance task rotation. With this, you can simply place the Plane of Hearts swift into the hangar before the weekly reset, and then add it back to the active fleet once the alliance tasks are assigned.

These are the kind of changes that gives the player more control of their game, allowing them to reach their goals and build their custom airports, which to me is always a good thing.

I understand, I am in the same situation. If it were easy, it would be no fun. For myself I'm a star-chaser and it could seem pointless or agonizing to have to park planes and buy different ones to accomplish the challenge, however if I could race through to level 40 with no impact on my plans then it seems to simple. Like you I'm having to make choices between goals. I'm at level 36 already even missing a few days due to work and I have not had to buy any levels. It is achievable for me to hit 40 by end of game if I'm studious and willing to make tradeoffs.

This then is our choice as high level players: is it worth it to swap out planes and fly to stars we don't need to get the bonus, or you can also choose the point of view that the bonus isn't worth going after.

To me having that choice is part of the fun.
I haven’t really changed direction. Everything is 3 starred to thunderbird and that will be one starred. The Wonderland flights are too many. One plane. Refuse to sell a giant to buy an owl for 1 flight. Maybe Sunday when I sell of 7 falcons. Most flights have been to places I’m flying to anyway. In that way this format is better. If it continues.

Keep doing the daily task/8 and that will get over the line easy.

Now for a weeks break before the next one….. which also has flight destinations.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I haven’t really changed direction. Everything is 3 starred to thunderbird and that will be one starred. The Wonderland flights are too many. One plane. Refuse to sell a giant to buy an owl for 1 flight. Maybe Sunday when I sell of 7 falcons. Most flights have been to places I’m flying to anyway. In that way this format is better. If it continues.

Keep doing the daily task/8 and that will get over the line easy.

Now for a weeks break before the next one….. which also has flight destinations.
How are you handling the bed situation? With 6 Furniture Factories upgraded to produce 2 beds at a time, and they dispense every 12 hours, that's a maximum of 24 beds for me. If I can do 3 tranches of 8 Thunderbirds (they fly 5 hours and I need to sleep), that eats up all my beds, and this is even before factoring in Condor flights to Macau to pick up VR headsets.

I don't want to spent 120 greenies to upgrade my furniture factories further, so that still leaves 6 airplanes I can swap out for this quest as I want. The reserve hanger makes this pretty easy.

Or am I missing something in your arithmetic?

How are you handling the bed situation? With 6 Furniture Factories upgraded to produce 2 beds at a time, and they dispense every 12 hours, that's a maximum of 24 beds for me. If I can do 3 tranches of 8 Thunderbirds (they fly 5 hours and I need to sleep), that eats up all my beds, and this is even before factoring in Condor flights to Macau to pick up VR headsets.

I don't want to spent 120 greenies to upgrade my furniture factories further, so that still leaves 6 airplanes I can swap out for this quest as I want. The reserve hanger makes this pretty easy.

Or am I missing something in your arithmetic?
I started off finishing other flights so only this week I switched to condor. I started with 100 of each. Fly 7 and 7. Only got bed in game name. They’re going down but will survive till Sunday. Not speeding up. They just run. Don’t really do maths, just keep going till they run out.

Top Bottom