Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Do I need to root my phone to update Airport City???

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
I use a LG-P990 (Spped X2 in certain parts of the world) and I am rather happy with it. Only problem I have is that I can't update my Android Version 2.2.2 as I need to do it using the LG software. But this software doesn't run on my BackTrack 5R2...

Now, the latest update does not work for me. GI only develops for newer Android versions? Or a one time f§%& up?

Anyone knows how to update and/or root my phone using Linux?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Hi Melanie,

One of the ongoing problems you are going to face it that GIS don’t necessarily write the game for the android version – but more towards the phone and its implementation (memory. CPU speed etc)

e.g. I have a Wildfire S running the same OS as my HTC EVO 3D but AC will not run – (lets me install etc) – it will not be offered by Google Play/market at all.

All rooting does is give you the ability to change the OS/ROM on your phone (and a few other things kind of unrelated to the subject in hand) – but does not necessarily give you the ability to run AC via google play/market etc...

One of the things you could always do – is ask one of the fellow AC gamers to send you the APK for the latest version and install it on your device – if it continues to run you are good – if it fails sadly it is new device time... – to do this you do not need root access.

BTW I can get you APK’s no worries.

Also be very careful with rooting – not trying to teach you anything new – but most often part of the rooting process your device might need to be wiped fully to load a new rom

I use a LG-P990 (Spped X2 in certain parts of the world) and I am rather happy with it. Only problem I have is that I can't update my Android Version 2.2.2 as I need to do it using the LG software. But this software doesn't run on my BackTrack 5R2...

Now, the latest update does not work for me. GI only develops for newer Android versions? Or a one time f§%& up?

Anyone knows how to update and/or root my phone using Linux?

Rootings not too bad. As long as you follow the guides your going to be pretty safe! Luckily for your phone theres a program that does it for you called SuperOneClick.

Heres a couple of threads to have a look at.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1572757
http://androidadvices.com/how-to-root-lg-optimus-2x-p990-tutorial/

Device
  1. Android
Answer from the GI to the same problem as Melanie´s:

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is Max and I am here to assist you. It turns out that Google Play changed the requirements to screen resolution and some devices are currently shown as incompatible with the application.
The update that meets new standards of Google Play is currently under development and we work non-stop to release it as soon as possible and let you enjoy the game with additional game features and improved performance.
Although the request is marked as solved, it might require us some time to fix everything. Please, stay tuned and keep an eye on news and upcoming game versions.
If you have any other game issues or get additional information regarding this problem, please, feel free to contact me any time and open a new request. Thank you for choosing our application!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Answer from the GI to the same problem as Melanie´s:

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is Max and I am here to assist you. It turns out that Google Play changed the requirements to screen resolution and some devices are currently shown as incompatible with the application.
The update that meets new standards of Google Play is currently under development and we work non-stop to release it as soon as possible and let you enjoy the game with additional game features and improved performance.
Although the request is marked as solved, it might require us some time to fix everything. Please, stay tuned and keep an eye on news and upcoming game versions.
If you have any other game issues or get additional information regarding this problem, please, feel free to contact me any time and open a new request. Thank you for choosing our application!

Amazing! This response you received from max is a hell of a lot more than I got from Kate. She never makes any effort to explain the issues specifically as in the answer above, and I've had to deal with her on many occasions. She informed me rather rudely that there was a technical issue and I'd have to wait for the issue to be fixed. That's it! And of course her answer was the usual pre-typed response where she just cut and pasted the answer. Yet, the support officer Max abviously has taken the time to explain it. The next time I email GI I'm gonna request specifically that Kate doesn't answer. On a positive note, I'm very happy to hear this answer...thx for posting it B - only wish I was informed of this in the first place by Kate, rather than being lead to believe that GI were no longer going to include my device in future updates.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a0eue93
Username
Québec
Its a file extension such as .mp3, .zip etc

It stands for Android application package and its the format the games are released in :)

Dave you said to tag you in the tread. Not related to this message but any message, how can i tag a message and what will it do. So many neat things to learns about this web page. You should have a tread to explain every characteristics found in this web page.

Top Bottom