Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Cloud Drops

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
09p33xos
Username
Ned
Double chances of a cloud drop whenever player simultaneously clicks on the cloud and a plane that's taking off or landing. Only one chance cuz the cloud pops.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
09p33xos
Username
Ned
I'll try to be more clear.

Imagine you've just started playing Airport City. You have to accept a bunch of ATC requests in order to build up airplane parts and weather items. Consequently, you have to stare at the screen watching clouds float by while waiting for the next request. You notice that some clouds take a south-easterly track that goes directly across your runway. You wonder if you could put a plane right through the middle of that cloud. It turns out that you can fairly easily as the clouds move more than the field allowing you to make adjustments. You then learn that popping a cloud occasionally earns you rewards. Imagine what you'll win if you can put a plane through the cloud while popping it!

Turns out, nothing. But why not? Programming would be trivial. Surely the game knows where the cloud is, where the plane is and where you clicked. If all three coincide, give some kind of feedback - perhaps a bolt of lightning striking a tree that potentially gives you a wood chopping drop - and an award.

How much of an award? That depends on how difficult it is to accomplish. Doing it while planes are landing is made more difficult by the centering over the runway that occurs. Taking off seems easy enough on a tablet. I have no idea how easy it would be on a PC with a mouse. It can be made easier still by purchasing the baggage handling building which seems to have no purpose at the levels I've achieved over the years before starting over (I believe level 50 is my personal best).

I realize that this suggestion probably won't excite people busy moving 32 million passengers per week, but for those of us just starting out it'll help pass the time. I'd also like an award for running over one of those stupid helicopters...

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I'll try to be more clear.

Imagine you've just started playing Airport City. You have to accept a bunch of ATC requests in order to build up airplane parts and weather items. Consequently, you have to stare at the screen watching clouds float by while waiting for the next request. You notice that some clouds take a south-easterly track that goes directly across your runway. You wonder if you could put a plane right through the middle of that cloud. It turns out that you can fairly easily as the clouds move more than the field allowing you to make adjustments. You then learn that popping a cloud occasionally earns you rewards. Imagine what you'll win if you can put a plane through the cloud while popping it!

Turns out, nothing. But why not? Programming would be trivial. Surely the game knows where the cloud is, where the plane is and where you clicked. If all three coincide, give some kind of feedback - perhaps a bolt of lightning striking a tree that potentially gives you a wood chopping drop - and an award.

How much of an award? That depends on how difficult it is to accomplish. Doing it while planes are landing is made more difficult by the centering over the runway that occurs. Taking off seems easy enough on a tablet. I have no idea how easy it would be on a PC with a mouse. It can be made easier still by purchasing the baggage handling building which seems to have no purpose at the levels I've achieved over the years before starting over (I believe level 50 is my personal best).

I realize that this suggestion probably won't excite people busy moving 32 million passengers per week, but for those of us just starting out it'll help pass the time. I'd also like an award for running over one of those stupid helicopters...

So this is just your suggestion/idea, am I correct?

* Also I do like your other suggestion about the award for the heli's :sneaky::LOL:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
09p33xos
Username
Ned
yeah, that's pretty much it. Plane, cloud, pop, award. If I can figure out a way to get the helicopter in the cloud at the same time, jackpot!

Top Bottom