Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

City Population

Device
  1. Facebook
Username
jeremia39
I think Airport City should rethink the population system.

When I look at my city, It feels like a city of at least 100 000 inhabitants. But In fact I have just 1 585 inhabitants.

Maybe they should for exemple add a zero to the population and max population of all buildings

Another thing is that when you play for a long time, you mostly build event rewards building, that increase max population but not population.
So the city gest bigger and never gain inhabitant.
One simple solution could be, instead having a reward building with + 20 max pop, it could be + 20 population + 40 max pop

Capture-1.jpg

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
There are reward building the contribute twoards the population.

There are 2 different types of population ; City population and terminal population.

Reward buildings most commonly give 20 city population, a few 20 terminal population.

with time and patience your city population will can go up over 6000.
terminal population can go up approximately 2300 if you are lucky.

I think Airport City should rethink the population system.

When I look at my city, It feels like a city of at least 100 000 inhabitants. But In fact I have just 1 585 inhabitants.

Maybe they should for exemple add a zero to the population and max population of all buildings

Another thing is that when you play for a long time, you mostly build event rewards building, that increase max population but not population.
So the city gest bigger and never gain inhabitant.
One simple solution could be, instead having a reward building with + 20 max pop, it could be + 20 population + 40 max pop

View attachment 29480
You want to remember - population tells you how much population you can have from businesses and passenger buildings (each uses a set number of population. Easy to increase with event buildings, Grand Hotel, adventure buildings, and upgrading Town Hall. Your terminal population (or passengers) tells you how many passengers you have available for flights. Those are increased by terminal upgrades, certain buildings (Luna Park, crop circles, and a rare event building).

For example: my current population is 5453 out of 7390 available. I can still build more businesses or passenger buildings before I run out of Max population. I can then build more Grand Hotels and increase my Max population by 300 for each hotel. I probably have not built 75% of event rewards as 20+ Max population is not worth the space it takes up. My terminal population (number of passengers I can fly before collecting more passengers) is currently 3090.

Device
  1. Facebook
Username
jeremia39
I don't have issue with the population cap or the passenger cap. It well balanced and there is indeed many ways to icrease that.

My point is just that population do not reflect the city as you can see on my city picture.

Do you know city with 1 500 inhbitants that big with skyccrapers and and a huge airport ?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Those Luna Parks & Crop Circles really add up!
Plus rocket gardens, alien legacy and space travel monument. :)

@Jeremia The thing is that your population is directly linked to how many passengers you can fly. Upping the population by a factor 10 would require insanely big airplanes if you don't want to disturb the balance of population / flights.

Plus rocket gardens, alien legacy and space travel monument. :)

@Jeremia The thing is that your population is directly linked to how many passengers you can fly. Upping the population by a factor 10 would require insanely big airplanes if you don't want to disturb the balance of population / flights.
Well, yes and no. for example, a condominium gives you 190 passengers but it requires only 50 pop... on the other end of the scale a Cottage requires 6 pop but only gives you 1 passenger... As long as passengers outputs aren't changed, the only thing to be rebalanced would be pop requirements for each building. Anyway, this would mean a lot of work just for aesthetical purposes.

@Jeremia most of us don't look at the cities as you do. We want the most efficient layout for the space we have. And most of us really don't care if it makes sense in real terms. we want it to be able to produce enough passengers for our planes and, perhaps, to have a friendly layout for our visiting neighbors, or to allow us to easily collect passengers or coins, or to maximize the performance of our visa centers... Many have roads that get to nowhere, no roads at all where they're not required... Population is just a parameter we have to control if we want to set up another building (and sometimes forces us to upgrade TH, or buy another grand hotel, etc)

You're trying to build a "nice" city. I always try to set up an efficient airport. Don't care much about how it looks...
IMG_2336.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom