Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Broken rocket launch

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Kiwi C: [item/s]
I click on rocket... am asked if I want to join or start launch. I click join... window pops up showing a friends launch. I add a couple of things - close game
About an hour later - start game - click on spaceship launch button - nothing at all from the game.
About 20 minutes later - I come back to game to click on Gift shops - and click on 'spaceship launch' button again... this time - action. I get a window showing I have just now started a launch!.. and put nothing in. I did not have the 'join or new screen show.

So what happened to the items I put in? And how does me joining a launch change to me starting a launch? Can a launch be changed from public to private after someone else joins and that's why I am now on my own or this a bug?

Rockets seem to be configured to intentionally confuse and antagonise players.

Last edited:
I click on rocket... am asked if I want to join or start launch. I click join... window pops up showing a friends launch. I add a couple of things - close game
About an hour later - start game - click on spaceship launch button - nothing at all from the game.
About 20 minutes later - I come back to game to click on Gift shops - and click on 'spaceship launch' button again... this time - action. I get a window showing I have just now started a launch!.. and put nothing in. I did not have the 'join or new screen show.

So what happened to the items I put in? And how does me joining a launch change to me starting a launch? Can a launch be changed from public to private after someone else joins and that's why I am now on my own or this a bug?

Rockets seem to be configured to intentionally confuse and antagonise players.
Sounds like another bug unless you got booted and didn’t get the message You’ve lost what you put in first time round. Set it off and see if the next one is normal.

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Sounds like another bug unless you got booted and didn’t get the message You’ve lost what you put in first time round. Set it off and see if the next one is normal.
TY. :(
So one can be kicked if owner wishes? Do my items stay as contributing toward the launch?
One would expect kicked player to get their items back ... but doubt that's the way the game works.

Seems I was right in taking nearly a year to bother with rockets... they seem set up to let players screw each other over in multiple ways. Will go back to ignoring them.

Last edited:
So one can be kicked if owner wishes? Do my items stay as contributing toward the launch?
One would expect kicked player to get their items back ... but doubt that's the way the game works.

Seems I was right in taking nearly a year to bother with rockets... they seem set up to let players screw each other over in multiple ways. Will go back to ignoring them.
The starter can boot you. You lose your items, he loses your items, but you stay in waiting room for the launch you tried to join.

Don’t. It’s a nice source of income.
just take a different approach
follow the launch chat room here in forum. Get neighbors that usually are there. join their launches, ask questions when in doubt. Start by staying in the back, up to 96 points added, until you feel confidence and understand how things work around here

Agree with @TeresaLisboa . Don’t give up. I’m not a huge fan of launches either but good source of fuel and coins. Just join people you know to start with and never start unless you have enough Items to cover the whole cost. Start Green. Easier and less expensive.

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
got a reply from customer don't care...
"they understand my frustration but...
They say I got a message telling me I was kicked - even though I never did.

How the heck is leaving a launch public so anyone can join... and then waiting for the person to contribute before kicking them... and then have the kicked person lose everything with no notice at all - acceptable?
It seems to me - its just sanctioned way for one player to screw over another. No other way I see it.

The fact the game told me nothing - and started a new launch for me - taking even more items - completely ignored by customer complete lack of service. Sadly expected.

How the heck is leaving a launch public so anyone can join... and then waiting for the person to contribute before kicking them... and then have the kicked person lose everything with no notice at all - acceptable?
It seems to me - its just sanctioned way for one player to screw over another. No other way I see it.

The fact the game told me nothing - and started a new launch for me - taking even more items - completely ignored by customer complete lack of service. Sadly expected.

Firstly, I feel your pain.

Secondly, I only have friends who are members of this forum. Although you could be kicked from a launch, you can at least ask them why ?

Regards
Harcourt

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure

How many points did you put in on the launch you joined?

When I join a launch with someone and I don't know what they have planned, I put in a small amount and then wait to see what they do. It is possible they were doing a launch with they Alliance and were expecting a large number of people to join. When in doubt, put in a low amount. I suppose it could have been a glitch. Either way, don't give up on launches, just proceed more cautiously.

Top Bottom