Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Best way to transfer game from old device to new device

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm being lazy or just not finding it.

As I understand it, there are two ways of getting a game onto a new device:
1. Ping GI and get a code after you get the "new" game to Level 5 (?).
2. Restore the new iPad from the old iPad stored on the cloud or on computer via iTunes.

Any recommendations on one or the other?

I'm leaning #2, but worried that I'd get a "Device Traveler" warning.

I would suggest option 2, as it is faster and more "current", especially if you can still sync your old iPad to your computer or to the cloud. Note however that option 1 will replicate whatever is in your old device to your new device (I don;t think you can pick and choose what to restore).

If option 2 fails, then do option 1.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm being lazy or just not finding it.

As I understand it, there are two ways of getting a game onto a new device:
1. Ping GI and get a code after you get the "new" game to Level 5 (?).
2. Restore the new iPad from the old iPad stored on the cloud or on computer via iTunes.

Any recommendations on one or the other?

I'm leaning #2, but worried that I'd get a "Device Traveler" warning.
I did option #2, from ipad2 to air, worked without any problem, no time traveler message, nothing. Full backup to iTunes, then restore back to new device. (y)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Option 1 (transfer code from GI) will most likely change your gift slots. Option 2 (restoring files via iTunes) should retain them as they are. So if you have fuel20 go with iTunes, if you have Passengers10 go with GI, you may get lucky : )

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
I also have used option #2 when my game got hit with the level reset bug.... While I still lost a few greenies and coins, I've had no ill effects. And I only lost coins and greenies because I hadn't backed up since I had obtained them.

Top Bottom