Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Backup, Backup, Backup

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I'm sure 99% of you are smarter than me, but make sure you backup your games. I opened the game (Uncle Mans Phone) this afternoon and it was back to the beginning. I have emailed GI, but, since I have little faith, I checked and I did back it up to iTunes about 5 weeks ago. Good not to start from the beginning, but wanted to warn you guys just in case.

I'm sure 99% of you are smarter than me, but make sure you backup your games. I opened the game (Uncle Mans Phone) this afternoon and it was back to the beginning. I have emailed GI, but, since I have little faith, I checked and I did back it up to iTunes about 5 weeks ago. Good not to start from the beginning, but wanted to warn you guys just in case.

I generally backup my games at least every 2 weeks. It is much better to lose 2 weeks progress than 2 years progress!! :bawling::spitoutdummy::woot:

All my games are iOS so I am not sure what the backup process is on Android.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
Abishek, here's an explanation from a while ago which I simply copied from another forum. The name of the app in google play store has changed to Helium, but other than that it's pretty much the same.
I back up everyday.
++++
Hi Guys,

For those who want to backup their airport city game (due to changing the phone, phone problems, bug, etc...) and their phones are not rooted as many suffered during this period and posted here on the forum. There is an easy way that some of you might know it. Here are the steps:

1- Download the desktop version of "Carbon" application and install it on your PC (3 versions for windows, linux and mac)
http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon

2- Download the Android version of "Carbon" on your phone or tablet.(You should have Android 4.0 or above)
3-Download phone drivers from here and install them on your PC:
http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon/drivers

Now you are ready to backup your game, follow these simple steps:

1- Run Carbon on your PC.
2- Connect your phone or tablet via USB to your PC, make sure USB debugging is on.
3- Run Carbon on your phone.
4- Wait till the PC version of Carbon identifies your phone.
5- Now, from your phone Carbon version you can see you AC game and on its right a tick box, click on it and then tick on the bottom check box (app data only) then press backup.
6- The backup will be located on your phone under the carbon folder , you can copy it to your PC.
(Backup folder under carbon folder : com.gameinsight.airport)
(Backup files: com.gameinsight.airport.ab , com.gameinsight.airport.json)

For Restoring your game:

1- Install a fresh copy of AC. (You might need to restart your phone before connecting your phone via USB again when restoring)
2- repeat the same steps as the backup until step 4:
3- Press restore tab on the upper right (on phone version) then click restore.

And voila you have your game fully restored with all the progress as well as with all your friends.

I already tested it on 3 different phones and one tablet, works great.
++++

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
I used this app and lost my game , i was on level 50 and now had to restar from 1st level
I think i might have not properly followed the steps.
Well, G! can always restore yr game. It just takes them a week or so. This happened to me during Christmas 2013 when my game crashed.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Helium? I don't think so. From what I understand this app is not available for Ios. But I'm not sure...

Top Bottom