Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

any digital camera experts/nerds? lol

as in title, had mine sony cybershot t90 for 3 yes now and fancy an upgrade

now i want a camera that is travel friendly and cant take good quality nightmode pictures as well as your everyday pics

now ive been looking at these 3, but im not expert and wondered if anybody knows more than me

panasonic tz30

sony cybershot hx20v

nikon j1

all are simiarly priced, but open to options on any other camera like these

thanks

matt

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
I have two canon SLR bodies and 1 Nikon 1 V1 compact

DSLR is the way to go if you want to take those low light / high speed shots...

Two fundamental issues I face:

1. DSLR - very good to take pictures in all occasions - pain in the *** to carry around and keep swapping lenses (unless you compromise on a good walking around lens 18 to 200mm)

2. Compact (fixed lens) - easy to carry around, most will fit in a jacket pocket - forget trying to take high speed shots in low light.

@ twisteduk – I know you have narrowed the choices to three – I would be inclined towards the Nikon (not because I have one already :whistle: )

Sony make some good kit – but camera sensors and lenses are not their main focus (so there is a tendency to rebadged)

Panasonic – never had one or seen one so cannot comment on it much

Pretty happy with the V1 I have, the J1 is not that much different – I got it with the two lenses, but have hardly used the 2nd lens. But almost always I miss not having the DSLR when I am out with the Nikon,

@Dave – When you take the plunge to the DLSR world, if you are serious about it then there is realistically only two choices Canon or Nikon. Apart from the cost of the body most money is spend on lenses (It does depend on how far you want to go with it) and lenses are interchangeable between the same lenses fit. Initially you will need to decide if you want to go for a full frame or a APS frame body.

Sorry don’t want to scare or confuse you both too much, but with little bit of research you could find a good compromise of a camera which will work for you in most occasions.

EDIT: Sorry totally missed twisteduk's post... - just ignore my post - but might be useful to someone else...

@twisteduk - Do you have an update/feedback on your camara?

I would go with a canon - I've got one of their 'hybrid' cameras' the powershot G11. I can either have it as point and shoot, or go and fit extra lenses to it. It's a nice camera to use, and still has a viewfinder on it, which was something I decided I really had to have.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3xytou
Username
Lebiegas
Sony make some good kit – but camera sensors and lenses are not their main focus (so there is a tendency to rebadged)
tdv not really - many cameras including DSLRs use Sony imaging sensors both types CCDs and CMOS ones.
And lenses - some of them are renewed Minolta set-ups some others are designed by Zeiss - but do not compare phone lenses with these camera lenses even if they wear the same logo...

Top Bottom