Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Device anyone?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Anyone have any thoughts on these cheapish Android devices being sold by various shops/websites...

In the UK between £50 to £120 for a icecream sandwich device - normally they are brand less...

I would love to hear if anyone has got one and if at all they have managed to root it as well...

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I am using one that I bought in China half a year ago. It is brandless, as it is not really for sale, to show you what the company can do if you're interested to make your own brand (OEM). It was during an Expo and so on the last day, they'd rather sell it to make some money. I bought 2, 1 had a problem. I sent back the problematic one to China and they replaced it with a new one. Both are still working ok until now.

So, about your question, it really depends on the spec as well. I believe your £50 one will have lower specs compared to the £120 one, but that's just my assumption. The phones that I bought are sold around £120-130 here (I bought in China for £90), after conversion to GBP. It has a dual processor 1GHz, memory is 512MB I think. It works great and I am satisfied with its performance:
- Sliding between screens is smooth, browsing experience is good.
- Most games work ok. For your idea, some of the games I have are the obvious AC, The Tribez, Jetpack, Radiant Defense, and some other light-medium games. Not interested in heavier games on smartphone.
- The camera is advertised as 5MP but the image quality is not that good, although acceptable.
- ICS 4.0.1

Oh, and they make the model like the Samsung S2 model.

As for rooting, I am too lazy to learn how to do it, so no comment there...

Top Bottom