Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

About population issue

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Ok I eliminated lots of poor yielding building, generally 24 hour buildings that I have lots in storage or giving coins, 4m+ means I do not need coins.
I placed the Skating Rink so there is a hidden 1 in the population display.
Lots of white space and I made sure of a few 3x3 spaces reserved for Sphinx, Coloseum, Louvre and Biosphere and Space Needle. It means I have my holiday flying sorted out.;)
Now the issue is why is it so frigging hard to get items to drop for this mission!:(

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Would you have any idea why I can no longer fly any Sleigh flights? I have finished building the Ice Hotel if that makes a difference. Also it shows many of the mystery buildings require population- Chinese Restaurant 8, Ice Cream Shop 8, Pharmaceutical Firm 8, Family Diner 24, Red and Gray High Rise are 0.

It looks as if you finished the quest so the Sleigh missions will disappear.

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
After just having rearranged my whole city so I could build more, this sucks! :mad:

That said, with a fully expanded city (I know, that costs greens so isn't an ideal solution) and lots of reward buildings, it actually seems fairly balanced. Hate to say it, but I think GI fixing this "bug" was a way to hold-off on needing to expand the city map. It's unfortunate that they sprung it all at once with no way to upgrade City Hall past lvl7.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
That said, with a fully expanded city (I know, that costs greens so isn't an ideal solution) and lots of reward buildings, it actually seems fairly balanced. Hate to say it, but I think GI fixing this "bug" was a way to hold-off on needing to expand the city map. It's unfortunate that they sprung it all at once with no way to upgrade City Hall past lvl7.
I also think that my secret wish about having a rule that roads must link to the Town Hall to prevent the mass build up of cities that I have seen has kind of been met. I cannot see how they are viable now, especially after my experience and the density of my city is not large. My goal was to have at least 1 example of every building type but that really is not viable if you need to support 9 Jumbos for special missions.
All up this is a tramatic change for some but like all things we will adapt our strategies to cope with this.

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
This struck me now.... I had deleted my 'Skating ring' to participate in this christmas quest and i have achieved all my missing stars :D But now ...how i am suppossed to complete this quest ... i too have my population somewhere close to 1500!!!! Can't think of deleting half my city to be able to build skating ring and compelete this useless quest :mad:

GI you are really testing our patience... like Blackcloud said you still haven't returned all my past rewards buildings that you so cleverly stole though an update :mad:

After just having rearranged my whole city so I could build more, this sucks! :mad:

Yes, this change forces people to delete many "redundant" buildings, thus requiring less land.
And next year when they rehash the game, old players no longer has the advantage over new players :( with 6 Universities, 6 Farmer's market, 6 Post Office etc

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Yes, this change forces people to delete many "redundant" buildings, thus requiring less land.
And next year when they rehash the game, old players no longer has the advantage over new players :( with 6 Universities, 6 Farmer's market, 6 Post Office etc
Yea haha. Also, before these latest updates, we can still see item drops from Universities, Farmer's Market, etc, but now we no longer see item drops except if there is a mission involving those buildings. Like our Halloween shop, it now no longer drops items...
Agree with Blackcloud about the intention of GI doing this: with having to delete so many buildings, we are 'kindly' forced to make nice cities with connecting roads haha... but yea it's getting hard. We have to find a balance of commercial and passengers that suit our styles of play.
Thanks Chad Ladwig for the correction about some mystery buildings needing population. I didn't check and confirm that far. (y)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a417yob
Username
Spitfire sqdrn
Lets face it GI have just killed the game for loads of us. My population went to 2860/1080. Now sold loads of buildings except those that I have won by completing the quests. I now dont have enough passengers and poor income.

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
Need to reconsider whether i want to be a part of this game anymore.

In the last few months, GI has really made this game so much complicated.. had it not been for this forum many of us would had taken ages to understand all the various maps destination.

It good to have so much to do and overcome all challenges that GI introduced. But i think GI has overdone itself in making this game intresting :( I no longer have fun playing this game and don't know if i can contine if this game continues to go this way.

All i want from GI is to give us a quest which is new, not to compicated, bug free and involves a lot of nieghbour co-operation :) Is this too much to ask ?? All that we are getting are recycled quest and all this stupid features that has taken away all the fun away from this game.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Now the issue is why is it so frigging hard to get items to drop for this mission!:(
Blackcloud, so 'old' players don't finish them to quickly and get bored :)

I finished all the regular stars on Flip123, I am blocked by GI so Ancient world can only be played with greenies.... the game is getting bored if you don't spent the greenies

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
Gi's slightly condescending and patronizing response to my population query...
Zendesk, Dec 24 07:07:

Thank you for your request!

The mayor of your city decided to sum up the results of the outgoing year and to take a census of population. He really wanted to know how many people populate the city, so this year he asked the agents to be especially thorough and to come over not only the residential houses, but the working places of the citizens as well. The data received turned out to be pretty interesting: it became apparent that many people in the Airport City are so hard-working and dedicated to their jobs, that they actually live at their working places and consider the commercial establishments of the city their homes!

The mayor was so pleased to see the result like this, that he ordained a law, according to which all the commercial buildings will from now on be the part of such procedures in the future, and this became a new game feature as well.

Now if you want to build a new building, but the population level is out-of-limit high, you should demolish one of the older constructions first. It will lower the population level and you will get the permission to construct a new building right away!

Also very soon you will get an opportunity to upgrade the main building to level 8, and your Aiport City will become a hospitable home to even more citizens!

I hope you will appreciate the true value of the changes integrated into the game. Thank you for being our player!

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Yea haha. Also, before these latest updates, we can still see item drops from Universities, Farmer's Market, etc, but now we no longer see item drops except if there is a mission involving those buildings. Like our Halloween shop, it now no longer drops items...
Agree with Blackcloud about the intention of GI doing this: with having to delete so many buildings, we are 'kindly' forced to make nice cities with connecting roads haha... but yea it's getting hard. We have to find a balance of commercial and passengers that suit our styles of play.
Thanks Chad Ladwig for the correction about some mystery buildings needing population. I didn't check and confirm that far. (y)

GI has informed me that a level 8 Town Hall to increase population will be coming out soon.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Gi's slightly condescending and patronizing response to my population query...
Zendesk, Dec 24 07:07:

Thank you for your request!

The mayor of your city decided to sum up the results of the outgoing year and to take a census of population. He really wanted to know how many people populate the city, so this year he asked the agents to be especially thorough and to come over not only the residential houses, but the working places of the citizens as well. The data received turned out to be pretty interesting: it became apparent that many people in the Airport City are so hard-working and dedicated to their jobs, that they actually live at their working places and consider the commercial establishments of the city their homes!

The mayor was so pleased to see the result like this, that he ordained a law, according to which all the commercial buildings will from now on be the part of such procedures in the future, and this became a new game feature as well.

Now if you want to build a new building, but the population level is out-of-limit high, you should demolish one of the older constructions first. It will lower the population level and you will get the permission to construct a new building right away!

Also very soon you will get an opportunity to upgrade the main building to level 8, and your Aiport City will become a hospitable home to even more citizens!

I hope you will appreciate the true value of the changes integrated into the game. Thank you for being our player!

Same response I got.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
hi guys

I have noticed that the buildings under construction doesn't count. What you need to do is to lower your poulation under the limit and then build all what you need. I know it doesn't solve our problem but for a while it can help.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Need to reconsider whether i want to be a part of this game anymore.

In the last few months, GI has really made this game so much complicated.. had it not been for this forum many of us would had taken ages to understand all the various maps destination.

It good to have so much to do and overcome all challenges that GI introduced. But i think GI has overdone itself in making this game intresting :( I no longer have fun playing this game and don't know if i can contine if this game continues to go this way.

All i want from GI is to give us a quest which is new, not to compicated, bug free and involves a lot of nieghbour co-operation :) Is this too much to ask ?? All that we are getting are recycled quest and all this stupid features that has taken away all the fun away from this game.

Seems like drops are way down. I visited all my neighbors and got a total of 2 drops for everything. Getting to hard to get ahead in the game.

Top Bottom