Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A rant about alliances

Forgive me if I'm ramblings and I'm NOT even sure I'm asking a question. I'm NOT complaining about a particular alliance but rather tying to make some point somehow -- I don't know.

It seems to me like many gamers and their alliances want top prizes (the black planes, high PAX counts, expertise stars, nicer buildings, or simply to "get ahead"). But there is something that NO gaming wiki or even these forums can EVER cover, and even the AC developers can NEVER do anything about, the people, the players.

I mean, I was shocked when I was point blank what my PAX count was. At one level, I was shocked to realize that alliance leaders when trying to recruit didn't even bother ACTUALLY reading what I was saying when answer my "alliance wanted" posts. I was also shocked that I would be recruited sight unseen except for something like "PAX counts". It was so brutal that I actually developed a little trick just to see if a recruiter would even bother seeing what I actually had. You can look at a player's community without taking anything and it would count as a "visit".

I was in once in a top 100 alliance that was getting "Alliance Flight Maps" and some relationship in the alliance went bad (in some ways, it was my doing). I had click "Leave" forgo these top 100 prizes for an intangeable prize (the ability to sleep with a clear conscience) knowing that my choice was probably best for myself and everyone else in the allince (no sense in extending the agony). I wonder too if in our quests, we are using people like disposable napkins (soak up spilled coffee and throw it in the trash).

Then another time, I was offered a position in an alliance so I wanted to to, mention to my current leader, and ask questions ( no reply until a commitment was made to someone else) and was thinking, if I clicked "Leave", I would be the lurch without an alliance while waiting for the invite will NEVER come. Luckily, I didn't click "Leave".

I guess my question is this, "Do we even know what we really are doing"?

Thanks for the general advice. Of course, if you alliances are insane, you should try dealing with newbies that approach and you have to tell them "NO". Sometimes, I feel I have to grab them and say "Sit Down and let me explain it to you..." Sometimes, you look at some and you think, "Do you even have a chance?" This game parallels reality in just so many ways :).

League or team, I don't think we should promise or need specific goals. Of course, some people are more willing to do this, but personally,
I am in the league: I insist on completing 2 league tasks every week, and 3 tasks are completed beyond my ability and time to focus on games.
That's all. If you have to set some challenging goals, please give me logistics.

Top Bottom