Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.8 update

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
Hey all,

it’s that time again when I can share what’s coming in the next update for mobile versions and Windows PC. We’re targeting late June or early July for release.

gbzPea5PxpTovVjfLzUWEpEfr2RHzc.png

• The Land of Opportunity special event with a new reward
  • The event shop with iconic buildings like Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Library of Congress
  • The event ratings for the brave hearts, as usual; end of season rewards are now given to everyone who participated based on the previous day results; Platinum league finishers still get unique end of season rewards
  • Daily Bonus reimagined from scratch, it’s now a long term affair with unique collections and buildings that can’t be acquired any other way
  • Updated UI: Gifts, Construction, Settings
  • You can now start hunting for additional items needed for unique buildings right after you start the construction of them
  • Settings menu now has a single on/off button for confirmation of all in-game purchases with Airport Cash and a new Social tab with links to our official pages on the web — don’t miss the fabulous airport_city Instagram account
  • Mystery Super Building 5 is coming as an exclusive random daily bank offer; you can get one of the reward buildings from past events for 199 Airport Cash with equal chances to get any of those: Central Post Office, Dali Theatre and Museum, Irish Pub, Fighter Monument, Print Shop, Radio Telescope, Steel Skyscraper, The Capitol, The Motherland Calls, Twisting Tower.
  • Minor UX changes: collectible item counter starts to show with one acquired item; if you speed up the plane repair with an item it gets back to hangar immediately; the alliance requests should now be sorted in alphabetical order; we’ve added a hint for skill stars on main screen and in the Flights menu; the requirements for next level auto collect buildings in the Store are now easier to understand, eg. you see right away you need to have 6 Bank Branches before you can build a Collection Agency
  • Many bug fixes
Thanks for your continuous support,
Ivan on behalf of the whole Airport City team.
I indeed see a lot of good news, and "many bug fixes". So I assume before releasing new items, you will have fixed ALL old bugs? Because there are many of them.............. I miss however a most important announcement: that you have a quality control department., or when you already have one, then a better one. So they can look over the programming and special events before releasing! I do not want to sound negative, still enjoying the game but some structural things have to be changed.

I indeed see a lot of good news, and "many bug fixes". So I assume before releasing new items, you will have fixed ALL old bugs? Because there are many of them.............. I miss however a most important announcement: that you have a quality control department., or when you already have one, then a better one. So they can look over the programming and special events before releasing! I do not want to sound negative, still enjoying the game but some structural things have to be changed.
You realize you're replying to a 2018 post, don't you? He isn't working at GI anymore, and no GI people have been posting as such in this unofficial fan forum lately.

anyway, all you say it’s true… and as you can see, 4 years later some things never change

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
There was me getting exicted thinking Ivan was back! 😅
Sometimes I do wonder what really went wrong. Did we drive them away with our feedback and "enthusiasm"? I feel a bit guilty at times, even though I always did my best to give constructive feedback without being disgruntled.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I also feel somehow guilty of driving them away with my relentless banter. But I had a soft spot for Ivan, that guy had a thick skin and great sense of humour, he could hold his own and give some any day...😞
We miss you Ivan. :artist:
My sentiments exactly. Felt like Ivan was the perfect fit here. With our forum, you have to be thick skinned. Because of how Ivan was, he earned all of our respect, and we always gave him room to make his announcements and speak his opinion. Good times. Good times 😊

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
No body drove anyone away

Ivan left and moved jobs, the replacement who came on here was a total waste of time and GI are not interested at all in anything any players say
Yeah I know Ivan left on his own accord. Was more speaking about his replacement, but I agree with what youre saying. It's shown in how things have transpired over the past couple of years.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I am playing it in windows and even if I just leave it as it is, all my CPU cores are on almost 99% usage. When I minimize it, it goes down to 10% or less. Call me paranoid but the game when active should not spend that much CPU usage. Does the game really use that much CPU usage? I do hope this does not have a plugin like Norton Crypto where the app exploits the use of the CPU to mine. And they seem to have covered their bases if somebody discovered this crypto mining by this clause "You AGREE that GI reserves the right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate, game elements ..." Just my thought. And to add my suspicion, seems GI is encouraging the use of the Windows version...

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
MrWaltPiLot — Today at 10:28 PM
All of what you all are commenting on, has been discussed in our meetings. We cannot control the Developers on what they want to do with the game. We try.
I was having a conversation on discord with this person and this was his answer to much of their issues. He kept blaming 3rd party vendors when its those who are subordinates who call the shots. Its a company that will fail like many others have done when the employees run amok

Was management wimpy back then when Ivan left the game, or was he the one who held it all together??

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
MrWaltPiLot — Today at 10:28 PM
All of what you all are commenting on, has been discussed in our meetings. We cannot control the Developers on what they want to do with the game. We try.
I was having a conversation on discord with this person and this was his answer to much of their issues. He kept blaming 3rd party vendors when its those who are subordinates who call the shots. Its a company that will fail like many others have done when the employees run amok

Was management wimpy back then when Ivan left the game, or was he the one who held it all together??
Well remember MrWaltPilot is just like a spokesperson for them. He has direct links to them, but he has no power of his own to decide what goes and what doesnt. Also, I believe him in terms of the developers hands being tied. I wouldnt be surprised if the "boss/es" are the ones calling the shots in terms of the development and evolution of the game, but I dont know how many employees they have nor their company structure. I know the frustration...we all do, but I think more people have their hands tied than we would like to think 😕

Well remember MrWaltPilot is just like a spokesperson for them. He has direct links to them, but he has no power of his own to decide what goes and what doesnt. Also, I believe him in terms of the developers hands being tied. I wouldnt be surprised if the "boss/es" are the ones calling the shots in terms of the development and evolution of the game, but I dont know how many employees they have nor their company structure. I know the frustration...we all do, but I think more people have their hands tied than we would like to think 😕
Forum moderator on their FB page is just his official title. They were recently looking for more, preferably multilingual.

The SDLC (software development life cycle) is rarely driven by developers (programmers) but by management and more likely "bean counters" .

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Forum moderator on their FB page is just his official title. They were recently looking for more, preferably multilingual.

The SDLC (software development life cycle) is rarely driven by developers (programmers) but by management and more likely "bean counters" .
And the only beans GI wishes to count is those that fill their own pockets

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

As I thought. Thanks for confirming

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The good thing is that at least our feedback is reaching the table according to MrWaltPilot. The issue is that they don't make it past that point. The only way for a potential pass is for a multitude of people to make the same request. Perfect example is the nightmode request from the facebook users. It still hasnt been implemented, but I see it happening sooner rather than later because of the high demand

Top Bottom