Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

376,221 hours landing countdown

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Toddfish Did you checked whether you are able to visit neighbours and sent gifts ?? Becoz that is the penatly of time travel. Keeping my finger crossed for the answer :whistle:
Suresh Pal Yes, I'm still able to visit neighbors and send/receive gifts. I've never had an issue with loosing that ability (knock on wood) while time traveling... granted most times it's due to actually changing time zones and not jumping 30 years into the future. That said, I've only done this once, so can't say if it's device/version specific... etc.

-Toddfish...

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
Toddfish good to hear that you are not facing time penalty issue. Can't imagine not being able to visit neighbours for 30 years.

Do let us know in case the situation change (i sincearly hope it does not ;))

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Toddfish good to hear that you are not facing time penalty issue. Can't imagine not being able to visit neighbours for 30 years.
I've been thinking about this a bit more... it seems to me that the actions in the game are based off a reference to the system clock (which is why time travel works and why I loose 3hrs when I fly from JFK to SFO) rather than an independent counter. If I time travel to remove the countdown (collect the capsule) and then return to the present without doing anything else... things should be OK. If I was to do things in the future (like start a flight or collect buildings, etc.) then the reference would set relative to the future (resulting in me not being able to do anything for a period of time). I

've never seen the "Timetravellers/cheaters can't race for space" error, but maybe that's because I've never done anything in the future other than land flights and collect from the refinery (but not start a new one). The way I think about it, if I do anything in the future I'll be creating a countdown that won't finish until X time from that future date... and when I return to the present I'll have to wait even longer (I've had 1hr flights take 4hrs due to the 3hr time shift from EST to PST).

-Todd...

Disclaimer - I've in no way tested any of the above hypothesis, so can't guarantee anything... just explaining what I've observed.

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04PODHGiT & 044RHPSWU & 20J9ICR4W & 04RVRABFC
Username
Retren3, Retren4, Retren2, Retren
My Samsung Note 10.1 resets it's time back to current as soon as I exit 'Time & date' settings. I've disabled automatic time update from network, but still no luck.
'retren2' is still young enough i.t.o. game-time to sacrifice for 'research' :rolleyes:

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
My Samsung Note 10.1 resets it's time back to current as soon as I exit 'Time & date' settings. I've disabled automatic time update from network, but still no luck.
I noticed something similar, so put my phone into airplane mode before changing the year to 2038 (the farthest I could go).

Suresh Pal Yes, I'm still able to visit neighbors and send/receive gifts. I've never had an issue with loosing that ability (knock on wood) while time traveling... granted most times it's due to actually changing time zones and not jumping 30 years into the future. That said, I've only done this once, so can't say if it's device/version specific... etc.
Update to this... I am UNABLE to send gifts (zero remaining), but I am able to visit/collect at neighbors. It's been over 24hrs without a reset, so I guess it's bugged due to the time travel. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way around this, but I'm guessing it might require leaving my phone off-network and in the future for over 24hrs (which isn't easy for me to do).

-Todd...

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Update to this... .., so I guess it's bugged due to the time travel. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way around this, but I'm guessing it might require leaving my phone off-network and in the future for over 24hrs (which isn't easy for me to do).

-Todd...
pls explain a bit more about why 24hrs off-network might work?

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Phase 1 of capsule recovery was done
  • exit out of AC and put device in flight-mode to prevent auto-update of time
  • edit time-setting and change year to max (2036 in my case)
  • enter into AC (do nothing) and exit again
  • change year back to normal and enter AC again (here I landed all my planes as they were all ready- much earlier than I expected)
  • exit AC and change year to 2032 (enough to get rid of remaining hours)
  • enter AC and again do nothing and exit
  • change yr bak to normal and enter AC - capsule displays 'ready'
  • click on cpsule - if it does not appear, exi AC and go back in - should now be visible
Observation: All buildings and planes are finished and ready for new 'cycle' and gifts have reset
Phase 2: Continue 'normal' life
I will continue with game, sending gifts now and report back tomorrow after 24hrs have gone to see if I'm struck by the gift-bug.

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Phase 1 of capsule recovery was done
  • exit out of AC and put device in flight-mode to prevent auto-update of time
  • edit time-setting and change year to max (2036 in my case)
  • enter into AC (do nothing) and exit again
  • change year back to normal and enter AC again (here I landed all my planes as they were all ready- much earlier than I expected)
  • exit AC and change year to 2032 (enough to get rid of remaining hours)
  • enter AC and again do nothing and exit
  • change yr bak to normal and enter AC - capsule displays 'ready'
  • click on cpsule - if it does not appear, exi AC and go back in - should now be visible
So it worked to get your capsule back too?

pls explain a bit more about why 24hrs off-network might work?
I'm thinking if I went back to 2038 and left it there until my gift counter runs out (up to 24hrs?) then I might be able to return to the present with no counter (and the ability to send gifts again). I'd have to stay in airplane mode to force the phone to return to the proper date (I was having a difficult time with getting the date to stay at 2038 at one point with the network active).

-Todd...

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
So it worked to get your capsule back too?

Yes, it did. (y)

I'm thinking if I went back to 2038 and left it there until my gift counter runs out (up to 24hrs?) then I might be able to return to the present with no counter (and the ability to send gifts again). I'd have to stay in airplane mode to force the phone to return to the proper date (I was having a difficult time with getting the date to stay at 2038 at one point with the network active).

Will keep this in mind..... :whistle:

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Phase 2 update:
I've lost ability to send gifts from retren2, and friends visit gives 'Reputation'-error. (+- 31 hrs since previous gifts sent yesterday)
I'll try the proposed solution from Toddfish w.r.t. travelling forward, do nothing for 24 hrs, and then come back.
I'll report back tomorrow this time.....

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
I've lost ability to send gifts from retren2, and friends visit gives 'Reputation'-error.
Darn, that sucks. From one bad situation into another. Since finishing the space collection isn't part of a mission countdown I'd probably just wait for a fix in a future update than risk loosing gifts/neighbors for a long period of time.

-Toddfish...

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Phase 2: Recovery - Update: Unconfirmed success for 'retren2'
Recap on actions:
  • Performed Time-travel to remove countdown timer here.
  • Time travel affected gift-ability to friends as well as visiting friends (here).
I then tried the hypothesis of Toddfish from here as follows:
- Normal exit out of AC (no Force close, etc)
- Set device in Flightmode (to disable automatic update of Time-settings from network(s))
- Wait for all planes etc to return and all buildings are finished with 'Production', i.e. I can collect passengers/coins/fuel (BUT: Do not collect - otherwise you might start the internal timer relative to new date).
- Change Year on time-seetings to 2036 (max on my device)
- Enter AC and leave device on for 24 hrs :sleep: to ensure all timers (internal gifting etc) reset after 24 hrs. Do nothing in AC - no flights, collections, etc. Nada, Zip. Zero. Zilch. ... :whistle:
- I then exited out of AC and also performed a 'Force Close' on all running services of AC.
- Change device Year back to 2012.
- Enter AC
Current Status for 'retren2':
All buildings ready for collection & I can send 20 gifts. I seem to be able to visit friends.
The real test is now as follows:
- Send gifts to friends and see if they receive
- wait for gifts to reset as per normal.....
Bali Hi: visited your space buildings & sent Whiskey (for celebration :coffee:) to BaliHi
Bali Hi: sent fuel(3) to Bali2 (pls send 20 :rolleyes:)
Suresh Pal: Visited your space buildings and sent whiskey (while I still can ;))
Toddfish: I have sent a friend request, if you would be so kind to accept... (y)
Pls confirm whether you received the gifts so we know this still works all the way through.
Then we wait until tomorrow to see if all returns to normal.
:whistle:

Bali Hi: visited your space buildings & sent Whiskey (for celebration :coffee:) to BaliHi
Bali Hi: sent fuel(3) to Bali2 (pls send 20 :rolleyes:)
Suresh Pal: Visited your space buildings and sent whiskey (while I still can ;))
Toddfish: I have sent a friend request, if you would be so kind to accept... (y)
Pls confirm whether you received the gifts so we know this still works all the way through.

Got your Single-Malt Whiskey (no Cognac?)
Didn't see the Fuel(3) though...

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Pls confirm whether you received the gifts so we know this still works all the way through.[/B]
I received your friend request... also just so happened to get the chance to send a single gift (counter showed 1 of 20 rather than 0 of 20) so sent you something. I don't know if the counter was showing 1 of 20 before I received/accepted the friend request. I got another friend request today but didn't see a change in guest numbers after accepting it.

-Todd...

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Neighbors not working now... and doesn't seem to be resetting. Still can't send gifts (even the 1 that I could when I got a recent friend request). Maybe the 24hr thing it my only hope.

-Toddfish...

Top Bottom