Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Last words

According to Free2Play or GI to be precise, this is cheating???View attachment 13456

If you have to do this every day multiple times for weeks and gain passengers by doing so then yes it is.
Of course if that scenario is what is happening then you have far greater problems. I will mention that tech
support and indeed microsoft are the last people that should ever be listened to. Letting them use remote
assistance? I would say never!!! Have you ever perused some of their knowledge base answers to very
wide spread problems? Talk about some inane steps that maybe fix your problem 5% of the time if you are
lucky. More than likely their fix botched up a bunch of other things.

The thing about windows it continuously gathers more and more info which eventually will cause your PC
to start doing all kinds of wacky things. They have gotten better and a bit more stable but the problem still
persists.

I recall when I used to "repair" computers though really the PC was always fine it was always either
windows or an idiot that downloaded pirated programs and gained sevral hundred viruses. Now I could have gone
your route and used tech support and even their knowledge base. However if I did that it would likely take minimum
several hours to figure the issue and then another hour or two to clear said issue. I would pro rate my fee in 15
minute increments being that I did not like to cost customers more than necessary, I always took another route.

I would pull out their hard drive, connect it to a dongle which would make it a secondary drive on my PC.
I would then either scan and remove viruses if possible but the quickest easiest method. Ask the customer
which files and programs were necessary, I would back these up on another external hard drive, wipe windows
format drive and reinstall. The I would update drivers add their programs and then restore their files. This would usually take
about an hour to and hour and a half. Customers were always amazed at how much better their PC functioned.

But to your original staement it is all about context my friend. :cool:

Maybe things have changed in the last few of years..or they are different from one country to the next...but when I worked in banking if the customer benefited from a bank error the bank had the right to debit the funds from the customers account...even if they didn’t have enough to cover it....essentially leaving the customers account with a negative balance. Fees incur when you have a negative balance and your account and card are closed. And they press charges for the theft also.

I have seen this happen many times.

Is that what they were talking about? Indeed in the states you are basically supposed to know how much
is in your account. If a decent amount just shows up you are supposed to know there must be an error.
If you spend this money yes you are correct they will take it back. If you can not cover it you best pay
quickly or you will definitely be sued and many times as stated charged for the theft.

Some countries do have some shall we say interesting concepts so would not be surprised if this
was not the case everywhere.

Also want to add the states also have some interesting concepts so no I'm not just aiming that statement
to other areas of the world. :cool:

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Is that what they were talking about? Indeed in the states you are basically supposed to know how much
is in your account. If a decent amount just shows up you are supposed to know there must be an error.
If you spend this money yes you are correct they will take it back. If you can not cover it you best pay
quickly or you will definitely be sued and many times as stated charged for the theft.

Some countries do have some shall we say interesting concepts so would not be surprised if this
was not the case everywhere.

Also want to add the states also have some interesting concepts so no I'm not just aiming that statement
to other areas of the world. :cool:
Yep pretty much...when I translated it...the gist of the statement is that if you go to an atm machine and repeatedly get a larger amount of money than you have asked for and you keep it then it is the banks fault and the bank takes it as a loss...nothing happens to the person who takes the money.......but really if you know it doesn’t belong to you ...then the proper thing to do is return it...at least that’s what my mom made me do when I took a doll at age 4....she made me go back into the store, apologize and then pay for it.

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
No. Once upon a time, some bananas accidentally fell off the shelf into your bag and the store owner didn’t notice. They certainly didn’t deliberately throw the bananas in your bag. You may not have noticed immediately, but that doesn’t mean you can then go repeatedly to the bananas and knock the shelf trying to make more fall into your bag.
You have no idea what are you talking about. I was punished for "cheating" TWICE: once for popping SIM card and second for not restarting the game often enough. First time each time.
Where is your "repeatedly" now?

Have you even read my post? I'm supporting banning the cheaters, but GI has long track record of banning legit players. So f2p's playing smartass is completely out of place in this case.

Device
  1. Android
GI did the biggest mistake, I mean no one have an idea that flying 1 Million passengers using resources to that of 100k Passengers is completely unfair. How will player's know that resetting the device multiple times in a single day Intentionally is an unfair activity.Everyone knows that flying 10 Million passengers in a single day after you have been reduced to your original passengers is completely fair,This is so bad from GI, They didn't even gave us any warnings, I mean they just dropped passengers of some player's to zero few days before banning there was clearly no warning. They should have invited us to a dinner with devolpers where we should have been briefed about this situation.
So GI have every valid point in this case, so how should we put blame on GI instead of player's? Ohhhh, Start pointing that they are trying to remove old player's.
On a serious note, Some of the player's who got banned are my close friends as well, I want you guys to be unbanned but sorry, In this case, GI is completely right. If you are smart enough to find a bug and exploit it then you should be smart enough to know that using it in Alliance rankings is unfair towards other Alliances who fly fairly. Even if I was banned, I would have admitted it and moved on instead of giving excuses about Old bug's etc.
Based on AJ’s written...... it’s just a simple math.......
No need a new version anti cheater......

Check Macau last week.
3000 flights for rank 1.
The question is not the 3000, the question is how to get the passengers?
In 1 week maybe reachable, but everyweek?

All the data is in front of you Free2Play , but you just wanna proof.
On the other sunny day, you just ban everyone that has proof.

Ow, btw, 3000 flights to Macau, is it equal to his or her envelopes?
Or offline?

Remember, we dont need anticheat, its just a simple math.

Just checked the Alliance League...still #1 JOKERJOKER with only two members out of 14 and it's only Wednesday I guess they are still having their banana's and eating them :p Player YSL at 5280320 and Player M Power at 204338. Seems ligit :meh:
come on...that’s only 1400 passengers a minute when you assume 60 hours since the start of the week :D

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
we dont need anticheat, its just a simple math.
tenor.gif

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
09p33xos
Username
Ned
Every online game seems to migrate to this: Cheaters complaining about being banished after spending thousands to set up their exploits and everyone else wondering what's the point of spending money on a no-win situation. So why don't the game developers simply move the cheaters to their own server? Let the best cheat win and give the rest of us a chance to enjoy a level playing field. I suppose something has to be done about support accounts, so allow everyone who wants to join the cheats to request a move to their jail. Or allow cross-server neighbors? If that's possible??

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Everything will be alright.
Your OK.
I understand.
Everything will be alright.
Your OK.
In time you will be fine.

Alles wird gut.
Ihr OK.
Ich verstehe.
Alles wird gut.
Ihr OK.
In der Zeit werden Sie in Ordnung sein.

Tout ira bien.
Votre OK.
Je comprends.
Tout ira bien.
Votre OK.
Avec le temps, tout ira bien.

Все будет в порядке.
Ваш OK.
Я понимаю.
Все будет в порядке.
Ваш OK.
Со временем вы будете в порядке.

Vai ficar tudo bem.
Seu ok.
Eu entendo.
Vai ficar tudo bem.
Seu ok.
Com o tempo você ficará bem.

Andra ' tutto bene.
Il tuo OK.
Capisco.
Andra ' tutto bene.
Il tuo OK.
Col tempo andrà tutto bene.

"Votre OK" doesn't mean anything... :D !

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
How do you say it in French? (just interested - I love the French language)

Actually, I don't know what "Your ok" means ! is it "you're ok" instead of "your ok" ?
But I know that "Votre OK" is never used in French :D !

Thank you for loving it :D ! For your information : A lot of French people would love to go to Ireland ! Everybody wants to visit Dublin !

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
As @Wired Parrott said "Well this was an interesting read."

And we are all different. We have different standards. What is a high moral standard in one society may be amoral in another.

To all those who have taken the high moral ground here about cheating whilst playing Airport City (AC) I would say we are playing a game and it is possible to argue that any gained advantage is a cheat, but it has not actually caused any of us personal loss. It is good to hear so many people are completely law abiding, unfortunately some are not. So like most games and sports we have to have rules. Those are set by GIS, love them or hate them (both GIS and the Terms and Conditions). So to those upset about GIS enforcing the rules of the game we are playing - please remember that we can always stop playing. GIS own the rights to the game - what happens when sportsmen, despite investing massive amounts of time and money, get accused of taking performance enhancing drugs (even if those drugs were intended to treat another condition - e.g. asthma)? They get banned from the sport by their governing body. So if you break the GIS rules for AC, you may get banned from the game.

That (imho) is a better analogy than comparing cheating to theft - that requires defined elements like an appropriation from another, an intention to permenantly deprive; a crime requires both actus reus (the act) and mens rea (the knowledge). And interestingly enough despite many clear definitions of those crimes, the law books are filled with Statutary cases where the definitions have been challenged, often successfully. I do wonder how the GIS Terms and Conditions would stand up if challenged in a court of law.

I do not like the mass grabbing of prizes (albeit the prizes are virtual in AC) by one individual. Their behaviour not only reduces the enjoyment of other players, it deliberately makes the game an impossible competition. It then sets us all against each other.

So I support GIS taking this action. It was necessary. It has already made a real difference to the enjoyment of many game players. But not everyone accused of cheating will have cheated. So if any mistakes are confirmed I would like to think GIS is big enough to apologise and make it good for those individuals.

Experience is the name we give to our mistakes, whether deliberate, reckless or unconcious mistakes.

Top Bottom