Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Last words

Liam Dobczinski

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m94l4v
Username
THE_BEST_QL
Since the middle of last week a lot of players have been banned by GI and got their game blocked. Quite a large number of those that got affected have played the game for six years and many put a lot of money and an enormous amount of their time into the game. Not only has it become a big part of their lives, but the banning of their game affects them socially as well. A lot of players have become close friends and GI does not seem to realise that by their harsh action they are taking away something even more important than the game itself.
All players that got blocked and contacted GI received one of those automatic messages that GI has become famous for. Some were told they have been using third party software and others were accused of changing game data. The latter obvious refers to players resetting their device.
GI might be dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s when it comes to “changing game data” and while I can understand they want to put an end to it, it is totally unfair to focus on a handful of players to make their point. It is obvious that some of the higher ranking alliance teams and their members have been targeted, while other teams have been left in peace and can just continue to change game data as much as they want.
What is also totally unfair is that there has been no advance warning whatsoever about the risk of getting banned and your game being blocked. Since there is nothing whatsoever in any of the AC rules about resetting device banning players without the slightest warning feels illegal to me. I cannot help but wonder what Apple and/or Google will have to say about what has been happening. A huge part of me would very much like to take this further, but I still hope there is a possibility to reason with GI as in making them see that they have been wrong as in not giving players ample warning.
I could understand the severe punishment of taking away a player’s airport (for some players more than just one airport) if the player had broken a rule to begin with or had been persisting in to continuing any action that leads to changing game date after they had been warned by GI that they would get banned.
As this never happened and players were just confronted with not being able to open their game any longer without even knowing what they did wrong to begin with, it is totally unfair that they will have to either start all over again after they have played this game for many, many years. Is this some way GI is trying to get rid of all the long time players? All of those that they cannot force to adapt the new rules like a max of 6 buildings of the same type or the 100 collection limit.
All of those who just recently got banned without any forewarning are now asking GI politely to give us our games back. We have learned the hard way about GI now hunting down those who reset and will not make use of this option again. It is sad that GI is punishing us for something that they are not able to sift out of the game themselves.
We are all rather determined to fight for the future of our airports and hope we don’t need to start a war as in legal action.

Greetings

Liam

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I think GI would claim that the following terminology in their T&C's covers the use of gaining an advantage through resetting their devices.
  • exploit, distribute or publicly inform others about any Game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage
And the recourse GI detail in their T&C's for such an event is very clear:

Game rules and penalties.

In-Game rules, policies and restrictions (if any) (“Game Rules”) constitute an integral part of these Terms.

You agree that your use of the Services should be in compliance with the Game Rules. You hereby agree that Game Rules violations may cause GI to impose penalties upon you, including but not limited to:

• in-Game penalties involving no suspensions;
  • temporary and/or permanent in-Game suspensions (chat/forum suspension; suspension of particular in-Game functions, etc.). You hereby acknowledge that such suspensions do not constitute suspension of your User account or Game access and do not affect your Game experience;
  • User account/Game access suspension; and
  • Game access suspension for a particular User device.
  • In-Game penalties are imposed in accordance with Game Rules and depend on the nature, scope and frequency of Game Rules violations by the User.
Violations of Game Rules by the User constitute a material breach of these Terms.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
What is also totally unfair is that there has been no advance warning whatsoever about the risk of getting banned and your game being blocked.

This warning is called Terms of Use that clearly states manipulating game data will get you banned sooner or later. We have all sorts of data to prove it through legal action if the need arises.

What kind of warning did you expect, exactly? If you steal some groceries from the store, the police doesn't warn you it's a bad thing to do because you obviously should know the consequences yourself. They arrest and prosecute you.

No one will cry here for some cheaters banned, because those few people spoil the fun for tens of thousands of fair players — and many of those fair players invest just as much time and / or money into the game. If you've cheated but made some in-game purchases, the support team will restore those purchases on the new profile with a new Game Center ID / Google Play ID. The city that you've developed through exploits is blocked, and gone for good.

If you cheat through back-ups, or game reset, or whatever third party software that's out there — we have no regrets banning you once we have a proof you did it.

P.S. All statements above for legal purposes are just my opinion and do not represent an official statement on behalf of Game Insight or its affiliates.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Since the middle of last week a lot of players have been banned by GI and got their game blocked. Quite a large number of those that got affected have played the game for six years and many put a lot of money and an enormous amount of their time into the game. Not only has it become a big part of their lives, but the banning of their game affects them socially as well. A lot of players have become close friends and GI does not seem to realise that by their harsh action they are taking away something even more important than the game itself.
All players that got blocked and contacted GI received one of those automatic messages that GI has become famous for. Some were told they have been using third party software and others were accused of changing game data. The latter obvious refers to players resetting their device.
GI might be dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s when it comes to “changing game data” and while I can understand they want to put an end to it, it is totally unfair to focus on a handful of players to make their point. It is obvious that some of the higher ranking alliance teams and their members have been targeted, while other teams have been left in peace and can just continue to change game data as much as they want.
What is also totally unfair is that there has been no advance warning whatsoever about the risk of getting banned and your game being blocked. Since there is nothing whatsoever in any of the AC rules about resetting device banning players without the slightest warning feels illegal to me. I cannot help but wonder what Apple and/or Google will have to say about what has been happening. A huge part of me would very much like to take this further, but I still hope there is a possibility to reason with GI as in making them see that they have been wrong as in not giving players ample warning.
I could understand the severe punishment of taking away a player’s airport (for some players more than just one airport) if the player had broken a rule to begin with or had been persisting in to continuing any action that leads to changing game date after they had been warned by GI that they would get banned.
As this never happened and players were just confronted with not being able to open their game any longer without even knowing what they did wrong to begin with, it is totally unfair that they will have to either start all over again after they have played this game for many, many years. Is this some way GI is trying to get rid of all the long time players? All of those that they cannot force to adapt the new rules like a max of 6 buildings of the same type or the 100 collection limit.
All of those who just recently got banned without any forewarning are now asking GI politely to give us our games back. We have learned the hard way about GI now hunting down those who reset and will not make use of this option again. It is sad that GI is punishing us for something that they are not able to sift out of the game themselves.
We are all rather determined to fight for the future of our airports and hope we don’t need to start a war as in legal action.

Greetings

Liam

We can change game data ? ?

This warning is called Terms of Use that clearly states manipulating game data will get you banned sooner or later. We have all sorts of data to prove it through legal action if the need arises.

What kind of warning did you expect, exactly? If you steal some groceries from the store, the police doesn't warn you it's a bad thing to do because you obviously should know the consequences yourself. They arrest and prosecute you.

No one will cry here for some cheaters banned, because those few people spoil the fun for tens of thousands of fair players — and many of those fair players invest just as much time and / or money into the game. If you've cheated but made some in-game purchases, the support team will restore those purchases on the new profile with a new Game Center ID / Google Play ID. The city that you've developed through exploits is blocked, and gone for good.

If you cheat through back-ups, or game reset, or whatever third party software that's out there — we have no regrets banning you once we have a proof you did it.

P.S. All statements above for legal purposes are just my opinion and do not represent an official statement on behalf of Game Insight or its affiliates.
This is the best move GI made since I started playing this game a year ago! Well done GI!! (y)

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

This is the best move GI made since I started playing this game a year ago! Well done GI!! (y)
I agree... good job! I will say great job when there is proof for the others also.

Liam Dobczinski

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m94l4v
Username
THE_BEST_QL

Iam agree with you but the real cheaters are still there... Anyone can see the Cheat, sometimes Ydl have 700+ Stars, other hour 678. And the City change aswell... Thats a real cheat... but nothing happen. I will know why you didnt do anything against YDL and Mitlain??? Mitlain steal every Destination at Woldmap is that fair? And dont say you banned Mikam, he is still there... just change the name to Mitlain 2. Iam not blocked atm but i cant play this game without my friends. Its so sad, if you banned player, then all cheater and not some randoms... It just maked me crying.

Greetings

Liam

hi guys this is what i think, iv been playing this game since it stared, i so liked this game:) i have watched so many changes over the years, i have watched many players cheat in many ways, its so obvious what has been going on its like a smack in the face for the players that have played legit. BUT whats gone on for so long its been abused more and more and yes i seen players rise, because they have learnt from others, to make the Alliance better and there selfs. So now they have been smacked on the hands, and should learn this, yes you may think this is unfair, but what about all the others that play fair!!!!!!!!!!! is it fair for them that work so hard week after week to be put down because they havnt learned how to cheat the system. After all it self gratification and in a game like this its very sad , and im glad that GI has stepped up.
On the other side of the coin im sorry to all the players that i know that have been banned its harsh and i wish all the best. I would have a hard time starting over. Good luck
While i am on one, there are others like Liam states that have not been banned that are very obvious i hope GI jump on them also 2 come to mind and everyone knows who they are;)

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK

Hi,

If I find a bug - when I'm using a combination of some bonuses it gives me additional profit (for example makes flights much shorter), am I automatically become a cheater?
If I have 10 event buildings, am I automatically a cheater?
If G! sent to me 2000 greens and 3 coins (It happened 3 years ago) instead 3 greens and 2000 coins, or
sent 30 times a prize for first place on the weekly ranking? (It happened few weeks ago), am I automatically become a cheater?

G! is changing the rules for this game every single update and make this game harder, almost "unplayable".
Is it fair?
Now we notice that G! make game online only. I we are not connected to servers we can't participate the event.
Is it fair?

First of all, you shouldn't using an excuse to kill the longest playing/the best players.
Second you should give a prize for players for finding "good" bugs (good for players) and reporting to you. Some of banned players could be a perfect beta-testers for Airport City. They knows game better than G! staff.

I’m playing this game more than 5 years now. I have spend on AC more than 2000 Euros. It costed me also 5 years of my life.
I hate G! treats players like thieves and bandits. I said on this forum few years ago: "The biggest cheater is G!"
I can replay the same today.

It’s only game and I can live without it. It can be hard on the beginning because I'm addicted to AC. I need only 9 stars to get absolutely max. But I don’t want them anymore.

We know we will not win with G!
But if you are not going to announce amnesty (like you did few years ago) most of the top players which are buying greens for real money will automatically stop playing. I will stop. I'm sure.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I would like to have an opinion on this subject.

:confused:

But I don't know exactly what it is that players are alleged to have done or what benefit has accrued to them or how I am disadvantaged.

Can anyone summarise so I can figure out who I need to love/hate?

:)

Pete

:ROFLMAO: Oh Pete, bless ya. To sum it up - Loving GI for taking a stand against cheating - no hate going on here lol (y)

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
If I find a bug - when I'm using a combination of some bonuses it gives me additional profit (for example makes flights much shorter), am I automatically become a cheater?

No, because you have been passive, you have not done anything.

Yes, if you actively use the bug to solely gain advantage.

What GI has done is identify people who have routinely, extensively and deliberately exploited a bug for the sole purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in the game to the detriment of other legitimate players.

I would like to have an opinion on this subject.

:confused:

But I don't know exactly what it is that players are alleged to have done or what benefit has accrued to them or how I am disadvantaged.

Can anyone summarise so I can figure out who I need to love/hate?

:)

Pete
if you read the comments it is clear to what players have been up to, i think its been elaborated enough :rolleyes:

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
No, because you have been passive, you have not done anything.

Yes, if you actively use the bug to solely gain advantage.

What GI has done is identify people who have routinely, extensively and deliberately exploited a bug for the sole purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in the game to the detriment of other legitimate players.

Thinking your way many players are cheaters.
They have few sets of 10 buildings. They actively used it to solely gain advantage.
Let's kill them also!!!
What today is allowed tomorrow don't have to.
You don't know what GI is planning in future.
The best sample for crazy ideas is limit100.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Thinking your way many players are cheaters.
They have few sets of 10 buildings. They actively used it to solely gain advantage.
Let's kill them also!!!

If a player has sets of 10 buildings because they were fairly gained prior to the rule change, and GI have allowed that to be grandfathered into their game it isn't cheating, it is simply that they have different game play. As you alluded, things change.

Last edited:

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Now if someone would kindly PM me a list of instructions for all known bugs, I will happily make a mora

If a player has sets of 10 buildings because they were fairly gained prior to the rule change, and GI have allowed that to be grandfathered into their game it isn't cheating, it is simply that they have different game play. As you alluded, things change.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

384/5000

That's not true.... The GI one day simply announced that it "fixed the mistake" allowing construction of 10 buildings ...
The same way without warning was corrected "good drop of the collector's items from the planetarium" ....
First, I spent thousands of green on additional slots in the factories of beds, lollipops, blankets and then the limit100 was introduced.
Is it also a bug that players can get rich without limits?

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

384/5000

That's not true.... The GI one day simply announced that it "fixed the mistake" allowing construction of 10 buildings ...
The same way without warning was corrected "good drop of the collector's items from the planetarium" ....
First, I spent thousands of green on additional slots in the factories of beds, lollipops, blankets and then the limit100 was introduced.
Is it also a bug that players can get rich without limits?

I will quote someone else who very eloquently explained that one in a prior thread...

The max of 10 buildings was not a bug, it was a feature of the game at that time. So to remove would be retrospectively punishing those that have that many built. If they put 1 into warehouse they cannot be built again. I think it is important to differential between a bug and an old feature - event hangers are a bug, 10 buildings was a feature that has been changed.

https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/down-the-rabbit-hole.18077/page-13#post-272759

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Now if someone would kindly PM me a list of instructions for all known bugs, I will happily make a mora

Before alliances were introduced all players were like big family.
Now they are ready to kill each other.
This forum is followed by G! and their spies, supporters and minions.
Are you one of them?

Top Bottom