Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.10 update

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Dude.... Just get over it. I have the limit, was really annoyed by it when I found out some others don't have it, but in the end it doesn't really affect the game. It only limits in potential strategies, but it is quite easy to play around it. Just move on and let it go (y)
Don't get over so quickly, 100 limit is something that should be changed, It is making unfair competition. Old player's like me can fly any amount of flights to destinations whereas player's with 100 limit cannot do that and they cannot get better ranks than Old player's even if they give more time to the game. Either it should be completely removed or limit should be increased to like 400 or 500.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I have the 100 limit and I do rely on having several weeks of gifts to do my map runs. However, I think it can be done by going more slowly which has an interesting knock on effect. There’s no point in me buying Golden dice anymore as I will never have enough fuel for it to make a big difference. I also won’t need so many passengers, so I won’t be needing to buy the metro stations anymore for my magic square. My demand for land will drop significantly too as the need for the passengers to do a long map run diminishes.

I don’t mind things taking longer to achieve, but I do think it’s a shame that these changes will cause me to invest less real money to the development of the game.

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
You are wrong. It's not frustration for old time players. It's frustration for new players since they have the limit, not the old players.
And people can go away from the game for a week or so for their real life, for vacation, biz trip, etc., but you take it that people are not interested in developing it anymore? I always appreciated your time and comments here, but this comment is a huge disappointment. Please don't be like your support team.
Very much like the updates that are coming - but a 1 week use it or lose it limit!!! Everyone takes time away from the game, and as you often can't take it with you (& if you can - don't you dare cross into a different time zone) it's ridiculous not only to lose the limited gifts we are allowed - we also have no idea who sent what whist we are away.
I would suggest a 3 week limit if one is truly needed. Having kept a record of neigbours who have been away - most return after 2-3 weeks.
As to the 100 item limit, that has been done to death and was nothing to do with this update.
Now if only they can fix my non existant videos; I would be tempted into expanding & spending real money again. I can only dream!:rolleyes:

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
What would be better is if you could cash in redundant items from previous upgrades...

Say to upgrade you need 5x Item A, 5x Item B, 5x Item C and 5x Item D.

But by the time you get the 5th for Item D, thanks to irregular drops and an unlucky distribution of those items across your neighbours, you have 12x Item A and 8x Item B. You build your building but still have leftover items that just sit there. You can't do anything about them.

If you could cash those in, then they don't take up space in your warehouse meaning a) it's easier to scroll through what you do have and b) it's one less space in the database that needs data on the server...

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Can someone please clarify the gifting issue that's coming with 6.10 (I've commented previously, I know). But reading through #1 post yet again I want to know exactly; is it all gifts that go after 1 week or just those accepted and not returned. For example, we've managed to get a last minute break later this month so the game won't be used at all (because the fact is real life is much more important) but it doesn't take away the fact that I'm no longer interested in playing this game AT ALL, but the game won't be touched for that period of time so I won't be collecting or sending. So is it just for collected gifts or for all gifts? :confused:

Can someone please clarify the gifting issue that's coming with 6.10 (I've commented previously, I know). But reading through #1 post yet again I want to know exactly; is it all gifts that go after 1 week or just those accepted and not returned. For example, we've managed to get a last minute break later this month so the game won't be used at all (because the fact is real life is much more important) but it doesn't take away the fact that I'm no longer interested in playing this game AT ALL, but the game won't be touched for that period of time so I won't be collecting or sending. So is it just for collected gifts or for all gifts? :confused:
Read it again... it’s ALL gifts (accepted and NOT accepted):
“(...)
  • Incoming gifts now have expiration timers, and you have one week to take it from the moment the gift was sent.*** That’ll be the same timer both for taking it and sending it back since so many of you have asked us to keep a list of accepted gifts for some time.”

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Read it again... it’s ALL gifts (accepted and NOT accepted):
“(...)
  • Incoming gifts now have expiration timers, and you have one week to take it from the moment the gift was sent.*** That’ll be the same timer both for taking it and sending it back since so many of you have asked us to keep a list of accepted gifts for some time.”

Oh how fabulous, It just keeps getting better (a very sarcastic (y) to this news.)

Thanks anyway Teresa :)

EDIT; to my regular friend's whom I gift daily please don't waste your gifts on me for the week 20-27th August I'm away...sorry I'm not cancelling my break due to this ;)

Last edited:
I have the 100 limit and I do rely on having several weeks of gifts to do my map runs. However, I think it can be done by going more slowly which has an interesting knock on effect. There’s no point in me buying Golden dice anymore as I will never have enough fuel for it to make a big difference. I also won’t need so many passengers, so I won’t be needing to buy the metro stations anymore for my magic square. My demand for land will drop significantly too as the need for the passengers to do a long map run diminishes.

I don’t mind things taking longer to achieve, but I do think it’s a shame that these changes will cause me to invest less real money to the development of the game.

Yes, this is what they don't understand. Also, there no point in spending greenies upgrading your flight catering / blanket / lollipop facilities. There is no point in getting 2 or 4 flight catering when you cannot store them.

This 100 limit is a real money loser and it is strange that they are too blind to see it.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

You know, I never thought about this. Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like G! indeed shot themselves in the pocket when it comes to this limit.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Yes, this is what they don't understand. Also, there no point in spending greenies upgrading your flight catering / blanket / lollipop facilities. There is no point in getting 2 or 4 flight catering when you cannot store them.

This 100 limit is a real money loser and it is strange that they are too blind to see it.

Or maybe, we are blind, but it would be interesting to know their reason !

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What this whole debate shows, and previous ones about the quality or lack of, from the support telephone personnel, is that no at GI actually plays this game!!

If they played they would realise the problems the 100 limit causes and the fact when they have to contact support they are treated as if they have done something wrong.
Lol I just told someone at customer support this, but in regards to dismal flight drops.:hilarious: I'm not convinced that they play the game day to day like we do....going after the same goals. If they did, surely they would see our points of view.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Lol I just told someone at customer support this, but in regards to dismal flight drops.:hilarious: I'm not convinced that they play the game day to day like we do....going after the same goals. If they did, surely they would see our points of view.

:ROFLMAO: I know, often it seems with their responses that we are talking about very different things.

Regarding your comments on the ridiculous 100 limit I like @Dafsade would like to know their reasons :sneaky:. They're adamant that nothing is going to change but I do wonder if this will change when people realise (and many already have from reading the comments) the buying of greenies will be getting smaller.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
:ROFLMAO: I know, often it seems with their responses that we are talking about very different things.

Regarding your comments on the ridiculous 100 limit I like @Dafsade would like to know their reasons :sneaky:. They're adamant that nothing is going to change but I do wonder if this will change when people realise (and many already have from reading the comments) the buying of greenies will be getting smaller.
The 100 item limit will always be a hot topic...regardless of how much they want us to get over it. The only issue is that I'm not sure if they will notice the difference in revenue, because even though the forum members will know better than to pay greenies for bonuses, there are many non forum members that will still provide cash flow for them

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
The 100 item limit will always be a hot topic...regardless of how much they want us to get over it. The only issue is that I'm not sure if they will notice the difference in revenue, because even though the forum members will know better than to pay greenies for bonuses, there are many non forum members that will still provide cash flow for them

This is very true my friend, but there is also Facebook and Twitter which most people are on (not me) and I'm sure it's a hot topic on there?! Regardless before I joined this forum I used to Google things regarding the AC game and often used this forum for advice by reading threads before finally taking the plunge and joining as I learnt so much ;), I've done this with other games I've played too and I'm sure most people do the same if they are stuck like I was.
They have their reasons for sure, what they are, I don't think we'll ever know :D

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This is very true my friend, but there is also Facebook and Twitter which most people are on (not me) and I'm sure it's a hot topic on there?! Regardless before I joined this forum I used to Google things regarding the AC game and often used this forum for advice by reading threads before finally taking the plunge and joining as I learnt so much ;), I've done this with other games I've played too and I'm sure most people do the same if they are stuck like I was.
They have their reasons for sure, what they are, I don't think we'll ever know :D
I'm determined to find out, and I will always be an advocate for finding out. For such committed players who invest so much time and money into a game, we deserve to know. G! cant do squat without our support for the game. They betta recognize! :shifty:

Top Bottom