Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.10 update

volly

150+ Star Club
[QUOTE="Navigata07, post: 360708, member: 7920" Remember, most people buy greenies solely for land expansion.[/QUOTE]
You are ASSUMING that from your point of view. Do you have access to the data they do on player usage, what they buy, how they play? No you don't.
The only thing you have to go on is what is discussed in this forum and anyone you speak to.

Never assume the the truth is a certain thing when you only have a keyhole view of the world.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
[QUOTE="Navigata07, post: 360708, member: 7920" Remember, most people buy greenies solely for land expansion.
You are ASSUMING that from your point of view. Do you have access to the data they do on player usage, what they buy, how they play? No you don't.
The only thing you have to go on is what is discussed in this forum and anyone you speak to.

Never assume the the truth is a certain thing when you only have a keyhole view of the world.
Well then guess we both have hypotheses, as neither of us has access to data. I think the bottom line is the same though. Ivan already brought up points about it being economically viable for the business and its success, so regardless of the means to earn a profit, earning a profit is the driver here.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
6.10 update post has become a "100 Limit" post. :eek: so a few observations - from someone who has the 100 limit, and still wants to play the game.

• A lot of the criticism of the 100 limit, is coming from those who do not have it. Thanks for the support guys(y). But you don't have to live with it and it is not affecting your gameplay.
  • I cannot compete equally with some players. Not because I have the 100 limit. But because I will never belong to an alliance like Joker Joker; and will never shift 5,437,710 passengers in 6 days like YDL can. But do any of you without the 100 Limit believe you can compete with that? :sneaky:
  • I have spent a lot of time in the last 3 months, and a fair bit of money - playing the game to make the most of the 100 limit. My conclusion is that by reducing my cash spending by 90% I can still manage to progress in the game enjoyably if somewhat more slowly, but I am flying only 30% less passengers than I was. Not a bad trade off - 30% less PAX for 90% less spending:happy:
  • I cannot complete as many adventure/space/alliance maps. I tend to use 5-8000 fuel for a map, which gives good returns with Golden Dice. It now takes me around 4 weeks (it took two weeks when I spent more money) to store enough fuel - mainly through acquiring captaincy of Lunar Space flights at least 3 or 4 times a week. But then I worked 28 of the 31 days in July - so I had not a lot of time to spare for gameplay. The moral here is that the 100 limit reduces the opportunities to complete maps. But you can still complete them. ;)
  • To all you experienced gameplayers on this post it is @AJ who appeared most understanding - we can enjoy the game with a warehouse limit, but 100 is too low. Make it 400 please GIS.:)
  • I am currently a Level 78 player. Two of my three weekly Alliance missions are less than 100 flights, and the third is around 170. These missions are still achievable even with a 100 item limit. :cool:
The key for achieving results with the 100 limit is - get good neighbours, join a supportive alliance, ask for flight items in your profile name, manage your flight objectives in chunks of 100 (and restock warehouse whilst concentrating on a flight requiring a different flight item). And finally, the wise old players advice should be a gospel to Airport City - lunar flights, lunar flights and more lunar flights. Until GIS imposes a restriction on those :shifty:
Well since this is coming from the biggest activist of the 100 item limit at one point, I have to respect it. Appreciate the feedback @andy8758 . Youre right in regards to a lot of vets (including myself) being a huge advocate of the limit being lifted, because we know that it would completely change our gaming style, and slow down things significantly.
Also, it makes sense that the update became a discussion about the limit, and it's because of the 1 week limitation for claiming gifts. The discussion has been a healthy one though, as I now have a bit more insight as to why it was done, and how some players have worked around it. With that being said, the limit looks like it's here to stay, and a necessity. I will leave the discussion alone and continue hoping my Stockholm flight drops will increase above 0.3% :banghead:

If we don't count the reserve hangars for alliance missions, they'll be very easy to abuse. The alliance missions are random within certain basic rules, but are harder on higher levels. We've made them around 20-30% easier half a year ago, I believe (I can't put an exact date at the moment). We might get them to be easier to complete someday in the future, but that's not a promise.
Thank you for the reply and the explanation of the reserve hanger usage for alliance.

Yes, I understand that they are random within certain rules , as @Pit1024 has asked in a later post, we all assume it’s 1 is lowest level aircraft, 2 is highest and 3 is most of. With this kind of system most people will always get PPT flights as this first and Condor second, I have no problem completing alliance missions, I would just like to be able to keep my carpet PPT but not have them as an alliance mission as the lowest and try turboprops instead or jets for instance, but I appreciate it’s a programming decision that has to be made to cover all players and scenarios.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
This new event that's coming I've looked at a previous thread from last year and it said you had to be at level 16 to compete. I didn't complete it last year on my main and want to have another go at it with both my main and one of my support accounts that's getting towards level 12 at the moment. Can someone please give me a definite answer if they have it please and not speculation. Jet's can be bought at level 13 so I'm hoping to achieve that before it starts. So is it 16 / 13 / or any level please?

@Gt city do you have any knowledge please regarding this years event.

This new event that's coming I've looked at a previous thread from last year and it said you had to be at level 16 to compete. I didn't complete it last year on my main and want to have another go at it with both my main and one of my support accounts that's getting towards level 12 at the moment. Can someone please give me a definite answer if they have it please and not speculation. Jet's can be bought at level 13 so I'm hoping to achieve that before it starts. So is it 16 / 13 / or any level please?

@Gt city do you have any knowledge please regarding this years event.

If I am 99% sure you have be at level 16 to play this event. Unless they change it from last year.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
If I am 99% sure you have be at level 16 to play this event. Unless they change it from last year.

Yeah me too, just trying to find a definite answer from Gt or Gi for my support account I don't want to push to Level 16 if this years only needs to be at Level 13. Fingers crossed I get a response soon...thank you anyway.

If the 100 limit is here to stay, then Airport City must give us the Astrological lab that @Navigata07 suggested. How many additional stabilizers, explosive bolts and solid fuels have been wasted due to the 100 limit. We should be able to exchange additional stabilizers, explosive bolts and solid fuels for large fuel tanks, main stabilizers and powerful explosive bolts. Even if it is a ridiculous number like 100 solid fuels for a PEB. At least people may be willing to build 6 cosmic fuel stations, which is a waste for new players to buy even one, and you can upgrade the CFS by spending 5, 10, 20 greenies, plus you need land to build them all.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
If the 100 limit is here to stay, then Airport City must give us the Astrological lab that @Navigata07 suggested. How many additional stabilizers, explosive bolts and solid fuels have been wasted due to the 100 limit. We should be able to exchange additional stabilizers, explosive bolts and solid fuels for large fuel tanks, main stabilizers and powerful explosive bolts. Even if it is a ridiculous number like 100 solid fuels for a PEB. At least people may be willing to build 6 cosmic fuel stations, which is a waste for new players to buy even one, and you can upgrade the CFS by spending 5, 10, 20 greenies, plus you need land to build them all.
Lol I'm surprised you still even remember that. :eek::D
It would be great though, because yes after a while, getting launch boxes would reach their limit at 100 also, if you're avoiding getting too many items.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
I'm glad about the update. Looking forward to it even!
I'm also glad I've just finished getting my 3 Colosseums. With the 1 week limit on gifts, I will never be able to make a proper adventure run without feeling like I'm wasting my time without enough resources.
So, that's enough adventure buildings for me, I guess.
Time to just play the events.
More time for real life!
Yeay!
(y)

volly

150+ Star Club
Well then guess we both have hypotheses, as neither of us has access to data. I think the bottom line is the same though. Ivan already brought up points about it being economically viable for the business and its success, so regardless of the means to earn a profit, earning a profit is the driver here.
You make a good point there.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I'm glad about the update. Looking forward to it even!
I'm also glad I've just finished getting my 3 Colosseums. With the 1 week limit on gifts, I will never be able to make a proper adventure run without feeling like I'm wasting my time without enough resources.
So, that's enough adventure buildings for me, I guess.
Time to just play the events.
More time for real life!
Yeay!
(y)
True, but you could also take some notes from @andy8758 's post about adventure flights....if you indeed want more. You just have to burn through your 100 items frequently, but it seems doable.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
You make a good point there.

@Navigata07 always does have a 'good point' as far as I'm concerned and he'll dig. Obviously you don't work for Gi (or do you o_O:LOL:) but I can tell you do have a vast experience in software/gaming which is always good to receive input although no 'suck it up' and then edited comments hours later aren't getting us anywhere. Most of us commenting are not vets just played longer and are always trying for a better understanding of the game, that's all. The limit I don't have and has never effected me personally and yet I've swayed from the 100 limit today and the important things I have asked for regarding the update/event 6.10 have not been answered as yet :whistle:

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
True, but you could also take some notes from @andy8758 's post about adventure flights....if you indeed want more. You just have to burn through your 100 items frequently, but it seems doable.
Sure, and he's made a lot of good points.
It's doable, I just don't think it's reasonable.
First of all, it makes buying a golden dice pointless - you can't run flights for the whole duration.
And that makes the whole process infinitely long and totally boring.
I don't like wasting my time on things that I know can be done faster, easier and more efficiently.
So, I won't be doing it anymore.
Events on the other hand provide a welcome diversion in terms of novelty, so are still fun.

Yeah me too, just trying to find a definite answer from Gt or Gi for my support account I don't want to push to Level 16 if this years only needs to be at Level 13. Fingers crossed I get a response soon...thank you anyway.

Though they may indeed lower it there have been events where level 16 is required.
I would just try and push it as far as possible using neighbors with at least 5 planetariums.
If you get lucky a few of those collections will drop and you will hit 16 with little
effort. :cool:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Navigata07 always does have a 'good point' as far as I'm concerned and he'll dig. Obviously you don't work for Gi (or do you o_O:LOL:) but I can tell you do have a vast experience in software/gaming which is always good to receive input although no 'suck it up' and then edited comments hours later aren't getting us anywhere. Most of us commenting are not vets just played longer and are always trying for a better understanding of the game, that's all. The limit I don't have and has never effected me personally and yet I've swayed from the 100 limit today and the important things I have asked for regarding the update/event 6.10 have not been answered as yet :whistle:
You're too kind to me LJ. I just want everyone to benefit is all.:D
I think only Ivan may be able to address your question, because all the events this year have been changed a bit compared to last year. Hopefully he can chime in about your question. (Hint: Quote one of his messages to indirectly tag him:whistle: :sneaky:)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Sure, and he's made a lot of good points.
It's doable, I just don't think it's reasonable.
First of all, it makes buying a golden dice pointless - you can't run flights for the whole duration.
And that makes the whole process infinitely long and totally boring.
I don't like wasting my time on things that I know can be done faster, easier and more efficiently.
So, I won't be doing it anymore.
Events on the other hand provide a welcome diversion in terms of novelty, so are still fun.
And that is why I had a problem with the limit. This game is already a long enough commitment even with efficient growth and playing habits. There is no way I would want to fly maps where I solely rely on the 10% seldom drop rates and not enough fuel to speed up. It would take forever, and I definitely would lose interest. I want to work hard for my progress, but I don't want it to be either impossible or take an unnecessarily long period of time. I dont blame you for stopping with the map flights; knowing me, I would too.

Top Bottom