Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.10 update

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Sure. Like I said: Reduces your options, but doable nonetheless. All I'm saying is that it won't change. Better to get over it and move on than to keep hammering about it to Ivan (or anyone else for that matter) every single opportunity you get. It. Won't. Chance. Moving on....
I don't agree that constantly mentioning it won't help. As the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". When something is constantly discussed as an issue, those who can address the change should at least re-visit it, or share why the change won't occur. I tell you one thing: if all new players with the limit decided to quit the game all at once because if it, and nobody new started playing, I guarantee you they would reconsider. At the end of the day, G! wants a profit. If that gets jeopardized in any way , shape, or form, they will absolutely find the root cause and amend it.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hi All,

I think it has been made as clear as possible by Ivan that the limit is imposed by those above him. (ie the Owners). I don't think we need to pressure Ivan about this, we need to pressurise those above him. The problem is I don't know how to do this !

It has also been stated many times that this limit is part of rebalancing the game.

Regards
Harcourt
Agree with you Harc. But in what way is it re-balanced? This is why I think their response is too vague.
Also, none of us are pressuring Ivan; we know he can't do anything about it. However, he can always bring it up to his seniors as "something that is always discussed among the players" and they may consider it a "sore spot" for the reputation for the game.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046ujujk
Username
Joey
I suspect it has something to do with their servers but 100 is low. Some sort of compromise should be reached.
I don´t think that´s the reason. After all, it´s all about data, it doesnt make diference if you say for the server "player X has X itens of a kind" 100 or 1000 its the same info, occupies the same space in server.
If it was the reason, they would limit how many kind of itens you can store, not how many of one kind.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
don't update they are going to kill the little gifts we do have. nothing is worth loosing that

We have to keep updating if we want to continue attempting the events don't we!? Especially gift wise and the promised bug fixes etc ;).
Although, not too happy about the gifting situation myself tbh - it's not a lack of interest in the game with some (including me) what about vacations, real life, work, no wifi, illness' etc, so if you're travelling for more than a week or for other reasons, you have to suffer for this :(

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I don´t think that´s the reason. After all, it´s all about data, it doesnt make diference if you say for the server "player X has X itens of a kind" 100 or 1000 its the same info, occupies the same space in server.
If it was the reason, they would limit how many kind of itens you can store, not how many of one kind.
Totally agree. If the limit was 255 then I would be inclined to suspect that it was about storage space :ROFLMAO:. Given the amount of other data they store about a player's game (location of developed land; location and orientation of every building; collections; number of flights to each destination / stars; neighbors; gifts), I expect the warehouse is not that big.

Source: I design database schemas professionally

Totally agree. If the limit was 255 then I would be inclined to suspect that it was about storage space :ROFLMAO:. Given the amount of other data they store about a player's game (location of developed land; location and orientation of every building; collections; number of flights to each destination / stars; neighbors; gifts), I expect the warehouse is not that big.

You need to come work with my dev team.

Storage is cheap...I/O, database licensing, network, and other infrastructure isn’t.

I don’t disagree that the game is playable with the limit but I also don’t disagree that it severely limits certain tasks and requires more maps etc.

Ivan - thanks as always for the update/preview

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Ivan,

thank you so much for the information regarding the next update to Airport City. Many of the changes look very interesting. Here is the change that I have been wanting for so very long

Flight maps now have a required plane type in their descriptions.

I have many adventure maps and space maps and I am never sure which plane I need for them. This change will make it easier for me to send flights using adventure maps and space maps. I have an accumulation of these maps which I want to use up so that maybe I can get some adventure buildings or space buildings.

It will be interesting to see how the changes in the game work out, as well as the new event.

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have an alliance mission this week that requires 500+ Fuel Supply. I believe that would be literally impossible for someone with the 100 item limit unless they spent hundreds of greenies. (Which...might be G!'s motivation for imposing the limit???)
I didnt want to say the G word but....:whistle:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
....and they wouldve been told us that. We've had plenty of feedback from them about servers before. Remember when there was the connection issue earlier this year with gifting and launches? They shut down the server for a few days to fix it, and gladly told us so

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
You need to come work with my dev team.

Storage is cheap...I/O, database licensing, network, and other infrastructure isn’t.

I don’t disagree that the game is playable with the limit but I also don’t disagree that it severely limits certain tasks and requires more maps etc.

Ivan - thanks as always for the update/preview
Yeah it would require a lot more maps. I have a feeling that's what they're after. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. It would take a whole lot longer to get adventure buildings, and that would definitely slow down the progress of the game. However, it doesnt make it equal; it now creates a rift between the vets and the new players.
SN: Could also be a reason why the CBM sale is in jeopardy

If that’s true, and I’m not saying it isn’t because I know next to nothing about tech, why did Ivan mention conserving server resources as the reason for removing unopened gifts after one week? Isn’t that just data also?

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Sure. Like I said: Reduces your options, but doable nonetheless. All I'm saying is that it won't change. Better to get over it and move on than to keep hammering about it to Ivan (or anyone else for that matter) every single opportunity you get. It. Won't. Chance. Moving on....
Really?...sorry I must disagree...how do you think things get changed/improved? Closed mouths never get fed....so if you don’t say anything then it is assumed it’s okay...and it is most definitely not okay... I’m glad the 100 item limit works for you... but it limits so many others....

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
If that’s true, and I’m not saying it isn’t because I know next to nothing about tech, why did Ivan mention conserving server resources as the reason for removing unopened gifts after one week? Isn’t that just data also?
Here's the difference:

The most common way that data is stored*, a small number (100) does not take up any more room that a larger number (900). So if a veteran player has 900 landing lamps and a new player has 90 landing lamps, the same amount of room is needed to keep track of those two pieces of data. Thus imposing a limit of 100 does not make the data take up less room.

For gifts, each gift in the queue takes up more room. If you have 500 gifts in your inbox, that uses up about 5 times as much data as if you have 100 gifts in your inbox. Because it isn't just keeping track of how many gifts (100 vs 500). It's keeping track of who sent it and what it is.

* In some cases larger numbers do need more storage. One common breakpoint is going from 255 to 256. If that were the motivation then I would expect the limit to be 255 of each item, or 250 if they wanted a rounder number. However a more common way to store small non-negative integers (called "smallint") would use the same amount of storage space for any value between 0 and 65,535.

I could write more but there's only 20 minutes until reset and I have to send gifts!

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Really?...sorry I must disagree...how do you think things get changed/improved? Closed mouths never get fed....so if you don’t say anything then it is assumed it’s okay...and it is most definitely not okay... I’m glad the 100 item limit works for you... but it limits so many others....

Yep totally agree, the 100 limit is very unfair to all and very unjust (I've been playing this game long enough) I don't have it thankfully, if I did, that would be it for me as I've been playing for so long on different platform's this limit is absolutely ridiculous for others. Nobody is having a go at Ivan btw, we're all thankful for all his updates and taking the time out to actually do this :love:, and as he's stated 'not his idea' I believe its coming from way above him and he nor the other devs are responsible :cigar:

Here's the difference:

The most common way that data is stored*, a small number (100) does not take up any more room that a larger number (900). So if a veteran player has 900 landing lamps and a new player has 90 landing lamps, the same amount of room is needed to keep track of those two pieces of data. Thus imposing a limit of 100 does not make the data take up less room.

For gifts, each gift in the queue takes up more room. If you have 500 gifts in your inbox, that uses up about 5 times as much data as if you have 100 gifts in your inbox. Because it isn't just keeping track of how many gifts (100 vs 500). It's keeping track of who sent it and what it is.

* In some cases larger numbers do need more storage. One common breakpoint is going from 255 to 256. If that were the motivation then I would expect the limit to be 255 of each item, or 250 if they wanted a rounder number. However a more common way to store small non-negative integers (called "smallint") would use the same amount of storage space for any value between 0 and 65,535.

I could write more but there's only 20 minutes until reset and I have to send gifts!
Lol...thanks for the explanation. I think I understand the difference now.

Hi All,

I think it has been made as clear as possible by Ivan that the limit is imposed by those above him. (ie the Owners). I don't think we need to pressure Ivan about this, we need to pressurise those above him. The problem is I don't know how to do this !

It has also been stated many times that this limit is part of rebalancing the game.

Regards
Harcourt
Just to make it clear, I didn't complain about 100 limit to him. Just pointed out new players will be frustrated with this, not the old players.
And complained about one nonsense comment (at least to me) he made ;)

Just to make it clear, I didn't complain about 100 limit to him. Just pointed out new players will be frustrated with this, not the old players.
And complained about one nonsense comment (at least to me) he made ;)
Same here. For the older players that doesn’t matter. I guess we all receive every gift available everyday (or at most in a 2-3 days time)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04wgwxh3
Username
Zafiro
I have the 100 units limit and I find unreasonable have to flight more than 100 times to one destination that need items to fly.

If we have that limit it will be also reasonable have a different number of mission flights of they who have not the limit of the 100 units.

I have thought about spend money on the game but I remember that there exists a limit without sence, then spend money have no sense

Top Bottom