Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.10 update

volly

150+ Star Club
The reason for the 100 item limit is obvious to me. To get players to use more greenies.

Look at each place where a limit is placed:
  • Sleeping pills, beds...it you need more to send more flights, use greenies to buy them.
  • I'll save up in gifts for specific flight. Nope. You got to use greenies to buy what you need
  • I'll binge fly to get a high rating. Nope. That is if you don't want to use greenies to send planes.
There is one thing all of you are overlooking here - They can do statical analysis on how EVERYONE plays and see the limit increases revenue. They won't remove the limit because of this. Ivan doesn't do this type of analysis work so I wouldn't expect him to know this information.
Gi is in the business to make money. So, the 100 limit is here to stay and no amount of complaining will want them to cut revenue just to make a few people happy.

Unfortunately I believe they'll only realize that's a mistake when their rating stars on the app stores begin to going down....
This. There’s no point smashing out bulk one-star ratings in a vengeful rant, but GI do read and sometimes respond to the iStore ratings, so if it starts appearing as a regular thing on there (or windows/Android), they will take notice, whether or not that does any good we will find out.

volly

150+ Star Club
This. There’s no point smashing out bulk one-star ratings in a vengeful rant, but GI do read and sometimes respond to the iStore ratings, so if it starts appearing as a regular thing on there (or windows/Android), they will take notice, whether or not that does any good we will find out.
No they won't. If it makes more money to keep the limit, they won't care. In the end, its the money that matters.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
No they won't. If it makes more money to keep the limit, they won't care. In the end, its the money that matters.

Who knows eh Volly…
Personally when I'm looking to download a game I always read the reviews first same as I do on Netflix and Amazon Prime when streaming if I read rubbish/negative reviews I don't even bother and move on and look for another.

Who knows eh Volly…
Personally when I'm looking to download a game I always read the reviews first same as I do on Netflix and Amazon Prime when streaming if I read rubbish/negative reviews I don't even bother and move on and look for another.

Unfortunately, the majority of bad reviews are from people who want an "instant complete and win" and don't realize this is a game you play for years. They complain about how much buildings cost and using greenies to complete them, and how they can never advance without spending real $$$. But very few are complaining about the 100 item limit, because they never saw the game without it. The facebook book page seems to be catering more toward facebook players, rarely see anyone complaining about mobile 100 item limit. (facebook players have had it for quite a while). It's a shame they combined Facebook game along with mobile game on facebook, as the 2 games are very different. (but that's a whole different complaint not meant for this forum)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The reason for the 100 item limit is obvious to me. To get players to use more greenies.

Look at each place where a limit is placed:
  • Sleeping pills, beds...it you need more to send more flights, use greenies to buy them.
  • I'll save up in gifts for specific flight. Nope. You got to use greenies to buy what you need
  • I'll binge fly to get a high rating. Nope. That is if you don't want to use greenies to send planes.
There is one thing all of you are overlooking here - They can do statical analysis on how EVERYONE plays and see the limit increases revenue. They won't remove the limit because of this. Ivan doesn't do this type of analysis work so I wouldn't expect him to know this information.
Gi is in the business to make money. So, the 100 limit is here to stay and no amount of complaining will want them to cut revenue just to make a few people happy.
This would hold true IF people actually buy greenies for the purposes mentioned. If people decide to just fly less flights instead, then its a moot point. Remember, most people buy greenies solely for land expansion. I think the benefits of the 100 item limit is to slow down the progression of the gamers. That's why things such as the planetarium drop rates were tweaked for example.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Unfortunately, the majority of bad reviews are from people who want an "instant complete and win" and don't realize this is a game you play for years. They complain about how much buildings cost and using greenies to complete them, and how they can never advance without spending real $$$. But very few are complaining about the 100 item limit, because they never saw the game without it. The facebook book page seems to be catering more toward facebook players, rarely see anyone complaining about mobile 100 item limit. (facebook players have had it for quite a while). It's a shame they combined Facebook game along with mobile game on facebook, as the 2 games are very different. (but that's a whole different complaint not meant for this forum)

Ah ok hon, I'm not on FB and have no idea how the games differ but I can see now that would be there biggest issue rather than the 100 limit on FB. It should state in the T&C's that you have to put around a decade in to the game :p

volly

150+ Star Club
I can't speak for faceplant for i refuse to use it due to anything you put on there is used by others, and in some cases to harm you financially.
I also want to point out another place where they try to get you to spend greenies - the double tap and that button that makes you spend a greenie when you do not wish to. Isn't it ironic how that button appears right at the spot you are tapping on? Its on purpose to make you use greenies.
And guess what, you can get 1 greenie per level up or get the 3 when you do the weekly code or wait for it.... Buy them with real money for you want it to buy that specific thing NOW.
Its not fair you say? So what. You want to complain to Gi? They don't care. The analysis of game play says they make more money this way. So put your big person pants on, suck it up and deal. It is how it is.

Last edited:
Hi, we're close to having a feature complete build, and therefore I can give you a quick preview of 6.10 update that's coming in August.
  • It Came from Outer Space special event with a new reward: the Enigma House.
  • The event shop with four spectacular buildings: the Jupiter Storm, the Venus Whirlwind, the Mars Plateau, and the Amalthea Ice.
  • Five new collections from early flights like Egypt and Cyprus and lots of side quests that will give a warm welcome to our new players. We have a good tradition of having some collections dedicated to other Game Insight games (that would be Transport Empire and Sunshine Bay to name a few), and now we’re extending our greetings to several new titles like Guns of Boom and Trade Island.
  • Subscription service for Google Play with all features and options available on iOS.*
  • Common collectible items are now distributed across 18 different sets in the store. There’re chests for collections from each helicopter type and the collections from guest planes, as well as chests for collections available at certain levels like level 51-55. The classic Collections chest with common items from collections available at your level remains in the store for the same price.
  • You can now see the preview of everything that you can get from any chest, which is especially handy for Mystery Building and Mystery Super Building chests.
  • The option to have a private space launch if you don’t want anyone else to join.**
  • Items in the inventory now have an extended description what are they needed for and where you can find them.
  • The hints for additional items required to complete a building will now show a number of those items you already have in inventory.
  • Mystery Super Building 5 is now available in the Store for 299 Airport Cash. You can still get it from Daily Deals in the Bank for 199. As usual, this is the last resort option to get an event reward building if you’ve missed it previously.
  • Flight maps now have a required plane type in their descriptions.
  • Incoming gifts now have expiration timers, and you have one week to take it from the moment the gift was sent.*** That’ll be the same timer both for taking it and sending it back since so many of you have asked us to keep a list of accepted gifts for some time.
  • Successfully sending a gift now triggers a small notification instead of a window you have to tap through.
  • We’ve upscaled all bonuses and most of the chests to HD, the difference is quite noticeable if you play on a tablet.
  • A new animation for most timers, it’s now familiar to what you used to see in real airports.
  • The number of Persian Carpets’ collections to get a Carpet Plane is reduced from 10 to 3.
  • Unique cover images for Town Hall, Terminal, and Control Tower.
  • You can now choose any of the 12 languages we support in the Settings menu without the need to change your preferred OS/device language.
  • Updated UI: Collections, Global Map and Ratings, Neighbors and Profile, Repair Base, Special Offers.
  • You can now see all the reward buildings and planes for completing collections right away in the collections menu. Finally!
  • Lots of bug fixes and minor UI improvements.
* Please note that subscription might not be available immediately when the update is released, but rather within a few days.

** I know you’ve asked for ‘invitation only’ launches, but that thing is trickier to do. We might get to it someday later.

*** If you don’t visit your own city at least once a week, I guess, you’re not very interested in developing it — and we can better allocate those server resources.

Cheers,
Ivan and the Airport City team.

Hf9jYSKZeQzk3JudzUWtr0TsfS62TY.png

cxBi4fT7sx3XLrTTvcW27AtveQL0yp.png

dBzdhrrEV2bPqLvoFuKTYSBRZp7beX.png

cbQOqBE.jpg

1tcetK1.jpg

uVeSR0d.jpg

Thanks as always and keep up the good work in expanding AC and some of the tweeks you do. The one week gifting issue won’t affect me as I play where ever I am in the world - but one week seems a little short, two would have been much better as not everyone plays this when on vacation or working away.

Up date looks good and can’t wait

The biggest things I’m waiting for are an increase in levels - but not priority as I’m still hacking away on 600 stars

More helicopter expansion would be nice - 3 starred all current ones

One or two extra hangars - 13 just doesn’t look right

Please please please have a look at the issue with flight allocation for alliance missions, I want to be able to store aircraft ( like the carpet and S3 PPT ) but currently even if I store them in the reserve hangar I still get them for missions. I’ve tried speaking to support some time ago and they tell me the alliance missions are random so I’ve given up, I really do try not to interact with them as they send my levels of frustration to extreme levels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Well, this all went down as usual — no one's discussing the actual update, but everyone's upset about a balance change made over a year ago (I'm exaggerating here a bit, of course). The updates are coming monthly with new features because our employer is a commercial company that makes profit and pays salaries to our team to make those updates. If Airport City at any point will fail to produce profit or attract new players at a desirable rate, our team will get disbanded and the only updates left will be weekly sales of expansions and Airport Cash. That's how many free to play games end up just a few months after being released.

We've very lucky to have the support of paying customers — which are just a tiny percentage of all players, that's the case with all free to play games — that pay both for our salaries and entertainment of all players who play for free. If you're reading this — thank you, and I hope you get good value for your money. I'm a paying customer myself of another very popular free to play game, and spent a crazy amount of money on it over the years to support the developers (I'm not always excited about their desicions, too, but that's their game and their rules). If you play for free and want to trash the game with 1 star rating or such — of course, you're free to do it, and some players do just that every month for over year with each new update (I'm serious, that's what I call commitment), but the point of it is lost upon me. If you hate the game so much you put a 1 star rating with every update, maybe it's time to move on and don't force yourself to play it?

Although this limit was not made the way I'd do it if given a chance, it was necessary one way or another, because it was a broken economy. Most games have limited inventory, and it's way more limited than inventory of Airport City (check out a couple of top city building games in the App Store or Google Play). Game designers should have thought about it prior to launching a game, that's true, but we took a significant tech effort to not force this limit on those players that played before it was introduced, because we respect their commitment to the game and their accrued resources. As of now, there're very few of the players that don't have the limit, it's not 'half and half', it's much closer to a drop in the ocean, so it's mostly a level playing field. Of course, this forum is generally visited by veteran players, and you get the wrong idea that everyone's up in arms about this limit, while most concerns of an average player are in the realm of 'too expensive' and 'too long to progress'.

And, of course, very few of the developers play Airport City the way proper players do, although I know at least three team members who play daily on their personal devices. There're no bonuses or priviliges for them like free Airport Cash, and the popular idea on the forum that some of the top players are our fake accounts is plain wrong. Most of the developers spend 40-50 hours every week working and playing the unstable test versions with hundreds of bugs, and it's hard to blame them for coming home and doing something else in their free time.

Cheers,
and I hope you do enjoy the next update when it comes.

P.S. As usual, this is not an official stance of Game Insight or its affiliates on any of the issues discussed, and I'm not a representative of the company or its views. For all legal purposes, this is my personal opinion and should be interpreted as such.

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Please please please have a look at the issue with flight allocation for alliance missions, I want to be able to store aircraft ( like the carpet and S3 PPT ) but currently even if I store them in the reserve hangar I still get them for missions. I’ve tried speaking to support some time ago and they tell me the alliance missions are random so I’ve given up, I really do try not to interact with them as they send my levels of frustration to extreme levels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If we don't count the reserve hangars for alliance missions, they'll be very easy to abuse. The alliance missions are random within certain basic rules, but are harder on higher levels. We've made them around 20-30% easier half a year ago, I believe (I can't put an exact date at the moment). We might get them to be easier to complete someday in the future, but that's not a promise.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
6.10 update post has become a "100 Limit" post. :eek: so a few observations - from someone who has the 100 limit, and still wants to play the game.

• A lot of the criticism of the 100 limit, is coming from those who do not have it. Thanks for the support guys(y). But you don't have to live with it and it is not affecting your gameplay.
  • I cannot compete equally with some players. Not because I have the 100 limit. But because I will never belong to an alliance like Joker Joker; and will never shift 5,437,710 passengers in 6 days like YDL can. But do any of you without the 100 Limit believe you can compete with that? :sneaky:
  • I have spent a lot of time in the last 3 months, and a fair bit of money - playing the game to make the most of the 100 limit. My conclusion is that by reducing my cash spending by 90% I can still manage to progress in the game enjoyably if somewhat more slowly, but I am flying only 30% less passengers than I was. Not a bad trade off - 30% less PAX for 90% less spending:happy:
  • I cannot complete as many adventure/space/alliance maps. I tend to use 5-8000 fuel for a map, which gives good returns with Golden Dice. It now takes me around 4 weeks (it took two weeks when I spent more money) to store enough fuel - mainly through acquiring captaincy of Lunar Space flights at least 3 or 4 times a week. But then I worked 28 of the 31 days in July - so I had not a lot of time to spare for gameplay. The moral here is that the 100 limit reduces the opportunities to complete maps. But you can still complete them. ;)
  • To all you experienced gameplayers on this post it is @AJ who appeared most understanding - we can enjoy the game with a warehouse limit, but 100 is too low. Make it 400 please GIS.:)
  • I am currently a Level 78 player. Two of my three weekly Alliance missions are less than 100 flights, and the third is around 170. These missions are still achievable even with a 100 item limit. :cool:
The key for achieving results with the 100 limit is - get good neighbours, join a supportive alliance, ask for flight items in your profile name, manage your flight objectives in chunks of 100 (and restock warehouse whilst concentrating on a flight requiring a different flight item). And finally, the wise old players advice should be a gospel to Airport City - lunar flights, lunar flights and more lunar flights. Until GIS imposes a restriction on those :shifty:

If we don't count the reserve hangars for alliance missions, they'll be very easy to abuse. The alliance missions are random within certain basic rules, but are harder on higher levels. We've made them around 20-30% easier half a year ago, I believe (I can't put an exact date at the moment). We might get them to be easier to complete someday in the future, but that's not a promise.
My experience shows that alliance flights are assigned as follows: #1 for the lowest level plane you have in any of your active or reserve hangars; #2 for the highest level plane and #3 for the plane type you have most number of planes. Can you comment, Ivan, is this right or wrong consideration?
And one more issue, related to the alliance missions: even if I have only 1 Turboprop plane in any of my Hangars, I would get task #3 for Turboprop planes with 500+ flights to be completed. Could this be correct or is kind of bug? I tried opening a ticket but the answer was "it is possible to have a TP task".

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hey Ivan, I must say that even though it's your personal opinion, I highly respect it, and it at least puts some logic behind the move. Definitely more than the "customer service" has ever stated. Thanks for that.

With that being said, I wonder what GI developers had in mind when it came to doing maps/alliance missions weekly? Did they only expect flights to be sent out at once and not to be sped up? Did they think it would take a whole lot of maps to get it done? Would be interesting to find out if the "accepted method" of current game players is what they had in mind. Maybe their expected gameplay style works perfectly fine with 100 items as a limit....who knows. Just a thought.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
That reduction was a great move by the way, and I'm sure it was because the requirements before were nearly impossible with the item limitation. I think that if the game is changed with each update to cater to those with the limitation, then I believe all players will truly be content. So far, the difficulty of events and alliance tasks are definitely a step in the right direction (y)

Well, this all went down as usual — no one's discussing the actual update, but everyone's upset about a balance change made over a year ago (I'm exaggerating here a bit, of course). The updates are coming monthly with new features because our employer is a commercial company that makes profit and pays salaries to our team to make those updates. If Airport City at any point will fail to produce profit or attract new players at a desirable rate, our team will get disbanded and the only updates left will be weekly sales of expansions and Airport Cash. That's how many free to play games end up just a few months after being released.

We've very lucky to have the support of paying customers — which are just a tiny percentage of all players, that's the case with all free to play games — that pay both for our salaries and entertainment of all players who play for free. If you're reading this — thank you, and I hope you get good value for your money. I'm a paying customer myself of another very popular free to play game, and spent a crazy amount of money on it over the years to support the developers (I'm not always excited about their desicions, too, but that's their game and their rules). If you play for free and want to trash the game with 1 star rating or such — of course, you're free to do it, and some players do just that every month for over year with each new update (I'm serious, that's what I call commitment), but the point of it is lost upon me. If you hate the game so much you put a 1 star rating with every update, maybe it's time to move on and don't force yourself to play it?

Although this limit was not made the way I'd do it if given a chance, it was necessary one way or another, because it was a broken economy. Most games have limited inventory, and it's way more limited than inventory of Airport City (check out a couple of top city building games in the App Store or Google Play). Game designers should have thought about it prior to launching a game, that's true, but we took a significant tech effort to not force this limit on those players that played before it was introduced, because we respect their commitment to the game and their accrued resources. As of now, there're very few of the players that don't have the limit, it's not 'half and half', it's much closer to a drop in the ocean, so it's mostly a level playing field. Of course, this forum is generally visited by veteran players, and you get the wrong idea that everyone's up in arms about this limit, while most concerns of an average player are in the realm of 'too expensive' and 'too long to progress'.

And, of course, very few of the developers play Airport City the way proper players do, although I know at least three team members who play daily on their personal devices. There're no bonuses or priviliges for them like free Airport Cash, and the popular idea on the forum that some of the top players are our fake accounts is plain wrong. Most of the developers spend 40-50 hours every week working and playing the unstable test versions with hundreds of bugs, and it's hard to blame them for coming home and doing something else in their free time.

Cheers,

P.S. As usual, this is not an official stance of Game Insight or its affiliates on any of the issues discussed, and I'm not a representative of the company or its views. For all legal purposes, this is my personal opinion and should be interpreted as such.
Well said Ivan. Thanks for the time.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC

Cheers,

Well said and again thanks for taking the time to come on here and address certain things as always. I have defended you especially with the crack down on cheating in the past (which got me nowhere btw) something you probably haven't even noticed.)

However, I will not be two faced about some issues regardless of the new updates. Believe me I don't get any 'like's' for my honesty here.

The 100 limit is not your fault, we all got that but it is a issue - luckily I don't have it (yet) but the game without the limit is challenging enough without that.

With the next update all gifts get removed after 7 days - unfair as previously stated this is not a lack of interest with the game at all but I refuse to give up my precious family time for a game.

I see YDL is still there doing his/her thing 1/14 alliance members with millions of pax, yes obviously questions get raised.

The support staff have caused more harm than good sometimes to be perfectly honest, how about not replying with canned responses and waiting to see if there is a pattern evolving first with not just one player but many others and then reply.

This is your baby and your bread and butter, (mostly) nothing is aimed at you personally as far as I can see, even if you don't think so you're very much respected on here.

Top Bottom