Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Worst news ever!!

My phone is completely dead!! screen just black and shattered on my samsung galaxy s3 and its unlikely that it would have saved my airport city progress to allow backup or sd storage, i'll be praying for rthe insurance company to accept my claim and deliver a new S3 asap so i can get back onto the airport city bandwagon :) i live in hope

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
t1878 sorry to hear your bad news. I hope you get your game restored.
I have an automatic backup of AC every day with Titanium Backup and syncing it to Dropbox. Lost my progress once so I learned from that.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
My connecting jack in the phone just broke so I cannot sync or recharge the battery anymore.:cry:
I just joined a launch, over half way there with 20+ hours to go.
Phone is off to conserve power and I will turn on tomorrow to see the results.
This could be the end of AC for me.:unsure:

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
My connecting jack in the phone just broke so I cannot sync or recharge the battery anymore.:cry:
I just joined a launch, over half way there with 20+ hours to go.
Phone is off to conserve power and I will turn on tomorrow to see the results.
This could be the end of AC for me.:unsure:

Which phone you have?
Cause my samsung S2 allready had 3 faulty usb ports... and first time they changed it in garanty in some vodafone shop. The other 2 times i did it myself... is not so difficult, and the parts you can buy on ebay :cool:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Which phone you have?
Cause my samsung S2 allready had 3 faulty usb ports... and first time they changed it in garanty in some vodafone shop. The other 2 times i did it myself... is not so difficult, and the parts you can buy on ebay :cool:
HTC Google Nexus One.
Not under warrantee anymore. Been looking up repairs and of course the female USB connector is part of the main motherboard which is the single most expensive replacement part. Looked up how much a new phone costs.....replacement part around 20% of the cost, and lets not forget to cost of repairs (I would need the tools....). I am flagergasted at the price they are advertising for this old phone:eek:
I am looking for second hand phones now to canabalise.....all for a phone that cost me nothing as a friend who had the "Must Update to Latest Phone" app installed gave it to me....

i contacted GI to see if there was any thing they could do to help, told there working on having an online backup storage facility so that we dont lose game again which would be awesome and they said when i get my new phone.. insurance claim in waiting.. that if i send the details of any purchases i have done and the receipts from my google play account on my g-mail they will credit me with the greens again!! i have hope!! i was just gutted i had done my first spaceship lauch and was just awaiting landing but ahh well, hopefully wont be too long before i'll be flying around again, any suggestions for how to get the most out of starting from scratch

if you started again would you set up or begin any differently?

groeting

GRALLIANCE
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
33AYCMMTX
Username
GRWIN
The unknown...
Affraid me phone will be messed up or somethng like that... Hmm i just dunno :)
there is actually not that much that changes to your phone/tablet when you root it. you only add a possibility to the phone: being able to access files that are not accessible by default. it's like giving you administrator rights on a windows computer. as long as you don't do anything harmful (deleting files, editing files when you don't know what they're doing, ...), you're safe!

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
My understanding is that some devices will wipe the data when you unlock it/install backup app.
So it is best to do these when you open it from the box.
My understanding is that some devices will wipe the data when you unlock it/install backup app.
So it is best to do these when you open it from the box.

What? So when i root my phone it deletes everything??
And what is a open box O:)

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
there is actually not that much that changes to your phone/tablet when you root it. you only add a possibility to the phone: being able to access files that are not accessible by default. it's like giving you administrator rights on a windows computer. as long as you don't do anything harmful (deleting files, editing files when you don't know what they're doing, ...), you're safe!

i really dunno what im doing... I dont even know how to root my phone..

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Word of caution – Although the rooting is like getting administrator access to your phone, many manufactures do not consider it to be something you should have or be covered by warranty. HTC are one of the few manufactures who lets you do it on their dev web site (with a lot of disclaimers)

Most rooting methods I have come across require bootloader to be unlocked. This normally leaves a finger mark and although some methods let you locked the bootloader again (it is still marked as relocked rather than as before locked) .

Some methods uses an exploit in the phone to gain access to the bootloader.

As groeting said – you do not have to change the ROM or load anything else… But do be aware that any OTA (over the Air) updates could brick your phone.

I am not trying to scare you (I have two devices rooted) – but just make sure you have the full facts and the implications of rooting your specific device. They are all device and firmware specific.

Top Bottom