Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

UK Alliances

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
I have a real dilemma.

I am in an active, well run Alliance and we all contribute such that we hit at least 50% each week and also communicate freely using Telegram chat rooms etc.

So you may ask “what is his problem”. None really except the frustration of different time zones. It is great that we are from all parts of the world, UK, USA, Singapore but when it comes to space launches, especially QL parties (which are very well organised and run in the alliance too), we seem to be out of kilter, time wise.

I have no desire to leave my current alliance but I am finding this to be having an increased impact on getting the most from this great game.

Are there any UK based players in the same situation?

Keith

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rhiso2v
Username
Ajax-88
Keith,

I live in the Western US and belong to a stellar Alliance in which a majority of members reside in Europe. My situation is almost identical to yours with the exception of the geographical locations being swapped. Last week, we had a QL party, and I missed out because of a time zone misunderstanding that resulted in my missing out on quite a bit of spoils, not to mention messing up the launch sequences. I feel that I am fortunate to have found the Alliance that I did, but my interactivity with my teamates is limited by time zone differences just due to the fact that when I'm going to bed the other members are waking up. I know exactly what you mean. What do you think you're going to do?

Brandon

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Hi Brandon,

Like you I am in a strong Alliance and we have a great owner who has over 4 years experience in AC and knows so much and shares lots of tips etc. I tend to be the higher pax carrier ( average week around 50k) and we work well as a team for rewards. There are only 2 UK players out of 12 which does have time zone issues, mainly on the QLs when we tend to be out of sync. I wake up to over 100 messages on telegram ( our alliance chat room) and they have exhausted the flights which is very frustrating.

I am not sure what I am going to do. There are many advantage, gifts, support games, advice etc but the time zones are difficult.

Keith

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
You can always QL with others, not just your alliance?

I’m in the UK, and my all has a right mix bag of time zones. No real issues though. I tend to be up late often, which works well with the US and America’s.

I find QLing later in the day (UK) time is always better. If I’m running a QL UK morning time, it’s rare to get many tag alongs. Most people are working, and there tend to be less players from the east I guess.

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Thx Mike,

I agree I can QL with others not just alliance, although using our telegram chat room helps a lot when we are planning seat order etc. We also understand the non overtaking rules which from past experience isn’t always followed by all players (forum members are better than non!). Thx for tip on timings - good thinking.

Keith

that mix is also what makes alliances so interesting. Ours span from UTC-8 to UTC+11. I find this fascinating. There’s always some of us awake and playing !
if the time zone mix is balanced, and everyone contributes, organizing QL parties gets easier when the alliance grows. You can do almost a 24h non stop, with overlapping subgroups
of course bad sleeping habits also helps 😂

Top Bottom