Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Turned a fail, into a bigger fail,then a WIN!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
rnoej1
Username
gcjr
So I was just collecting my cash and passengers after a while after from game,tapping away BUT accidentally clicked on my town-hall then spent 50000 to upgrade it :mad:...50000 that I was saving for a terminal level 6!

I had the stupid thought of taking the battery out as this may not save what I had done. On restarting the phone the app shortcut had disappeared, and I couldn't launch the game, I could see it was installed but the phone was not recognizing any of the game data, I figured I'd have to start again :mad::mad::cry:.

HOWEVER after restarting my game a few times, the shortcut reappeared, and it worked! I have my 50000 back and everything's back to normal!!!!!!! (y)(y):)

Has this happened to anyone else? If this is a repeatable phenomenon this could be used for accidental purchases if you were brave enough!!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Ouch that was close...

Ok in theory – it is possible provided

1. Your progress is not written to the data file before you crash out.
2. Your data file does not become corrupt in the process
3. None of the game files become corrupted.

Note with point 3 above you might still be able to do an over the top install of the game all being well – the game will pick up the data file from before and game progress will be restored…

Points 1 and 2 are almost unrecoverable unless you have a backup of the game data, this normally requires root access.. but I have read that Titanium back pro might work on non-rooted devices and also I saw a post for “Ultimate Backup Tool” which should work on non-rooted devices as well…

Please do your own research for device compatibility...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
I spent 6 cash by accident: bough 3 items to finish stadium :eek:...
But batteries are not removable in my tablet and I am to lazy to do hard reboot.
So I bite the bullet, spent the rest of the cash on the land expansion and now I am counting to ten, before I touch the screen :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
rnoej1
Username
gcjr
Oh cool thanks tdv, im going to try and backup asap. I did think that a new install may pick up the existing data but wasn't sure, and I couldn't wait days for GI to respond lol. GI should help us with a way to backup our games really, we have all put months into the game and some of us significant amounts of money.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Normal response from GIS is that they will credit your money into your new game but they are unable to do anything about a lost game progress...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
rnoej1
Username
gcjr
I can imagine that, I still think they should tell us how to back up our game data. Just ran ultimate backup on AC. Someone should uninstall their game and see if it works (someone who has just started their game that is lol)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
I can imagine that, I still think they should tell us how to back up our game data. Just ran ultimate backup on AC. Someone should uninstall their game and see if it works (someone who has just started their game that is lol)
Game backup/restore opens the door for this gameplay: "Backup, fly the plane, if not successful, restore and try again."
It is avoidable, but may be it is to much for GI's programmers. :)

What is shameful, that the "BUY" button is huge, and "Cancel" button (x) is very small (n)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
my town-hall then spent 50000 to upgrade it :mad:...50000

50.000 gets you a Level 5 Town Hall and you really don't want that until you really have to. Level 4 Town Hall is so much nicer, blends in much better with Side Wings, Mansions, Manors and Houses with a pool, colourwise...

Lucky you....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
50.000 gets you a Level 5 Town Hall and you really don't want that until you really have to. Level 4 Town Hall is so much nicer, blends in much better with Side Wings, Mansions, Manors and Houses with a pool, colourwise...
Lucky you....

It is also more in keeping with the History Museum that I have placed next to my Town Hall. Level 3 looks like some 70/80's Modernist piece of.....and Level 6 is hideous, or straight out of a DC Batman comic.....Gotham City.

Top Bottom