Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Stupid Mistake

Hi Everyone,

This morning I accidently bought 3 lots of 50 fuel for my 12 green cash......stupid I know but I had just woken up and had a twitch.

Just wondering if anyone has had any success getting their cash back? Have sent GI an e-mail and have even stopped playing to not use the 150 fuel.

Do you think I can continue playing (and hence use the fuel)?

Cheers

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
I think you can continue play, because I think you won't get your green cash back. Example of bad luck. We all did these stupid clicks once and never again :)

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
I have got this allready a few times, i think that im sometimes a spastic noob...

I bought allready: 150passengers. 50 fuel. Repair slot. Binoculaors. Bottomless barrel.

And you moan about losing 12 bucks, thats nothing ;-)

So the moral of the story: just keep playing, this is just youre first unwanted present :-D

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
I have an easy way out of this mistake - if you accidentally buy anything. Press and hold your power button (immediately) so that your phone switches off. Turn on again and your cash will be restored as if it never happened, because the the game saves itself in intervals, its very likely it hasn't saved on the hard drive. I've done it hundreds of times to receive an item drop and it works well. If you're looking for an item to drop from a plane, repeat the process several times and you'll get the item you need.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
They deliberatly place these buttons in places you're likely to mis click to try and make you waste your green, refresh friends is the stupidist one. Did the same with the repair slot, actually turned out to be a good accident as i often use both!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Someone sent me a pm asking specifically how it works so will provide a few more details to clarify how it works with an item drop. Lets say, for example, you want and item to upgrade your terminal to level 6. There are 2 places you can get those items, Rio and Berlin. What I'll do is send a few planes to Rio then wait till they land. If the item I need doesn't drop from those planes I'll immediately hit the power button to turn off phone. Start again and those planes will land again, each time dropping different items. After a few to several times you'll get what you want. But pls note: each time you get a new star the game will automatically save, so be sure you don't attempt this glitch when you're about to acquire a new star. Hope this helps

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
They deliberatly place these buttons in places you're likely to mis click to try and make you waste your green, refresh friends is the stupidist one. Did the same with the repair slot, actually turned out to be a good accident as i often use both!

You're telling me!!! I'm so lucky that I have THREE slots in my repair base!!! And don't you know if I click on it by mistake the game automatically scrolls over so that three more slots that I have yet to purchase are displayed? That irritates the hell out of me!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
@max have you been doing this from the beginning?
If so, you wonder why your games seem to get reset or corrupted?
It all seems to be a lot of time wasted and a deliberate move to cheat the system, rather than a software glitch that you do not need go through a numbers of steps to manipulate.
Oh well each of us play the game our own way.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
2tycik
Username
MG (What I Need)
Well for what it is worth, I can tell you the power button thing does not work, or at least is not guaranteed to work. I did the stupid thing (Again!) and mistakenly purchased a Spy Glass for $4. I turned the power off within about 5 seconds and when it started again, I still had my spy glass and was short $4....
You would think I would have learned the last time I did this and wasted $4 :(
Mark.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
MG, every time you first go into the game, even if its still running in the background, that red-headed bitch is gonna pop up and try and sell something, so just be ready for her to appear. She's worse than the telemarketers!!! A little tip, you'll actually notice the game freeze for say 1-2 seconds before she does appear, so start to look for that. Once I figured that out, I never made a "mistake" purchase from her again.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Well for what it is worth, I can tell you the power button thing does not work, or at least is not guaranteed to work. I did the stupid thing (Again!) and mistakenly purchased a Spy Glass for $4. I turned the power off within about 5 seconds and when it started again, I still had my spy glass and was short $4....
You would think I would have learned the last time I did this and wasted $4 :(
Mark.
That is probably because you are backing up to your device which I am assuming with max's past issues they are not doing.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Firstly, I only just discovered this glitch and used it a short while. You can't blame turning of said device for the endless problems inherent in gi's servers. Especially if you read the comments on Google play no one is immune to gi's incompetence. Remember, I've lost my game 3 times due to their faulty severs, and its only this 3rd time that I discovered this glitch due to my phone shutting down by itself! So don't assume this has anything to do with this glitch its ridiculous!

Secondly, it does work - as I said if you turn of your system by hitting the power button then pressing "switch of device", of course its gonna save! I could not have said it more clearly, PUSH AND HOLD POWER button, until the system shuts down. I'm using Samsung galaxy tab and I've 3 friends that also use this devise. None of us have any problems.

Lastly, I'm happy to share this glitch with all here if it means gi losses money and reputation. Since they refuse to resolve endless bugs and refuse to to compensate amicably, I've no respect for them or anyone who supports them. So lets get it straight, every day that gi losses money or reputation is another day that makes me happy. Hope you all enjoy this glitch, at least, those of you that are sick of gi's BS, and keep in mind that some here may actually work for gi and would like to paint a positive picture of them. But that's all it is, a picture.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
I should also point out that considering the above and all the problems I've had with this game, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to cheat in this game. Since I've been cheated by gi why should I feel any guilt for cheating a company whose business strategy is to cheat its customers, and, provide its customers with an inferior game that could be rectified through better management strategies. There's no excuse for this. I spent real money on this game and through its many bugs have lost a lot, so I'm justified in exploiting the game for all I can get, and in so doing help others to do the same :) cheers

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Hey max I just asked if you were doing this from the start. It may cause problems with your game on servers, but I would not definitively know, but if different versions of the same game get transferred to the GI servers it will more than likely corrupt the game file.
For me I back up my games especially if I pay for it, which I have for AC but not as much as you have said on the other thread. Also if I lost the game for whatever reason, more likely lost phone, I would never bother to restart this game, it just is no worth it. :unsure: Of course YMMV.
However I would advise not to post on a public forum information on how to take money away from a company, or person, especially when they can identify you. Of course through PM is different altgether :ph34r:
We play our games in different styles, some people love the use of cheats, I do not, but it is everyone's own decision, but just remember it is a game, a fun distraction, not a competition or life saving struggle.
And if you think I work for or support GI, just look at my posts that criticize GI's poor management of this game and their strategy that turns away its players. I have some knowledge of this industry and how it works and will not play another GI published game.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
BC, don't be concerned. Obviously, I'm posting publicly for a reason. If gi attempts to engage in "unfair business practice" with me or any "genuine" members of this site it will be closely monitored and recorded. if anyone else has been treated badly or "unfair" by gi pls pm me as usual with your grievance and I will make a note of it. Pls provide your name and contact email and details of your grievance. And btw, I wasn't referring to you specifically re working for gi, you misunderstand.

Top Bottom