Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spending the greens wisely

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
Here is a truth: I am afraid to use my green money. Coins we can collect daily, the greens - once a week(+3), once a level(+1) and sometimes GI is generous ....

What is the best way to invest the greens?
What are items/quests that cannot be reached without them.
What is silly way ( in your opinion) to spend the greens?

Hope we can build community wisdom here....

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
In the beginning of the game i used them only for items which i never got from my flights for upgrading my buildings.

ive never bought any of the perks intentionally. (thanks to the popup screen i did got some stupid crap)

When i got the delta planes, i bought my 2nd repair slot.

Now i only save them for expanding my territory...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Use the greenies to expand your territory after the number of coins required gets beyond insane, eg. 500k.
I also found good use of greenies is to purchase the Bridal Shop and Castle (also Circus which I do not have) as they drop items for collections that can generate further coins.
Poor use of greenies is to skip missions or to purchase required flight items.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
Bridal Shop were one of my best investments. If you spend enough time to play that is of course. very good return of investment plus incredible amount of drops ... I never had a drop from one of my circus yet, but also good return of coins.

Skipping missions is worse use, I guess...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
bew0072 said:
...bad news, no one can send the All-inclusive bracelets and you cannot obtain them from any flights. I believe that you'll have to spend the greens on them.
Is it still true? How many these bracelets are needed?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
As far as the android platform goes - Every item can be gifted (obviously not items for the collections)

Only known items that has to be got via the conventional way is for the Fuel station – these were never giftable – GIS intentionally made it that way

So the following:
Fuel Station
Level 1 (Egypt)
1 Winch
1 Cable
Level 2
3 Steel Frame
3 Wire
3 Control Unit

Cannot be gifted.

Best use for greens/cash is to save up for land expansions... I think after expansion 10 it is greens only....

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
I never spend greenies on items, skipping missions or rushing buildings. I know that the items will eventually drop, and that the building will eventually finish, so I don't mind being patient.

I've spent several greenies on power sources: I have 6 wind mills and a solar power station. They save you a great amount of space compared to the same amount of energy generated by any of the other power sources.

As for the special buildings I bought:
Stone Castle - 36 passengers per hour
Villa - 48 passengers every 4 hours
2 Bridal salons - 24 coins every 20 minutes, they have a pretty good pay off plus all the candies that drop from it
Donut shop - 40 coins per hour
Circus - 252 coins every 8 hours
1 mystery building - turned out to be the pharmaceutical firm. I got this after a GI bonus and I had quite a lot of greenies to spare.

I got the buildings which in my opinion have the best pay off. I also like the castle, villa, donut shop and circus because they drop items for neighbours :) I've been able to get some bonuses by collecting items from neighbours:
Stone castle - drops Iceland crest - collection gives Spy Glass
Villa - drops Venus statue - collection gives Weathervane
So I hope my buildings will give someone else the same benefit :)

I'm currently saving up for the 400,000 coins land expansion, and since I'm running out of power, my next greenie purchase is probably another power station.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
2tycik
Username
MG (What I Need)
I agree with Dee that as well as land expansions, buying the power generators you can only buy with greens (like the Solar Power Station) are a good investment. Given that the Coal Station produces 60 energy and take up 2x2 squares, you could put 4 Solar Power Stations in the same space and generate 192 energy. I think that's a good use of greens. And of course land expansion.

What MG said about Solar Power Station made me think about the strategy for electricity generation in this game.

In the early stage of the game, it makes sense for me to use 6 green bills to buy a Powerful Wind Turbine, when you don't have enough coins to buy land, but urgently need electricity to upgrade your building (e.g Repair base). An unused 1x1 slot is always available.

In the later stages of the game, green bills is a precious commodity and coins are pretty much useless. Is this case, it better to use the green bills to buy Land or Solar Power Station?

Let's do the math:
After land expansion 10, buying a 4x4=16 squares land cost 20 green bills.

A Coal Station that generates 60 electricity unit occupies 2x2=4squares, the 8000 coins needed is irrelevant, so we can attribute the cost of a Coal Station as 20/4= 5 green bills. The electricity cost is therefore 60/5 = 12 units / green bill.

The Solar Power Station (48 electricity units) occupies 1x1 and costs 9 green bills. The electricity cost is therefore 48/9 = 5.33 / green bills.

I conclude if you have 20 green bills, buying a 4x4 land and building a Coal Station (12 electricity / green bill) give more bang for the buck than building a Solar Power Station (5.33).

Does my logic sound right to you guys?

However, if you need electricity urgently and don't have 20 green bills, it maybe worth it to demolish a Wind Turbine / Solar panel and build a Solar Power Station in its place.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
2tycik
Username
MG (What I Need)
Mmm. Interesting analysis Bali. Yes your mathematics are correct, but I think I have fallen foul of your last point, namely that the price of entry for the land upgrade is a lot higher than the price of entry for a Solar Power Station. It takes 20 greens to "get in the game" with a land expansion, and only 6 or 8 to get in the game with a Powerful Wind Turbine or Solar Power Station.
The other factor to consider (although of course it is harder to quantify) is what you could do with the available land that you save by not building Coal Stations. Could the return on the land investment offset the cost of the Power Generator you bought with greens?
Very thought provoking though....good stuff!

Yes, very thought provoking indeed.
Instead of working, here I am doing a cost analysis electricity generation in Airport City game!

About your last point,
  • Buildings that generate coins is no big deal.
  • But building that drops quest items (like stadiums right now) may offset any logical calculations ;)!
  • In the end it is up to the individual. And I will consider this when I need land to build something!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
Bali Hi,

there is small error in your math - you need to include cost of the land for the Solar Power Station too.
One cell cost is 1.2 greens (20/16), therefore the cost of electricity is 48/(9+1.25) even worse for Solar...
But we also should consider that aditional free space can be used to produce coins and passengers.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
It reflects on reality where the capital cost of solar is higher than coal generation, with operating costs of coal much cheaper than gas or disel, unless the cost of carbon goes above $100 NZD. I did the analysis for work to justify the investment in new coal generators even though I am personally opposed to it.o_O Who knew that when I was in university all those years ago as an idealistic young man that I would be part of the system that is destroying the world.:censored:
So I will not build a coal power station in my city, due to carbon impacts, but I am aware of the irony with me landing planes and having the extensive working road system:eek: but hey I fly a lot for pleasure, the impact is marginal and cities without roads are not that pleasant looking and exploiting a glitch.:cautious:

Top Bottom