Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space Launches New Features

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
So with the latest updates to launching in 7.0, I would suggest a few things to make launching even more efficient....some I've already mentioned in the 7.2 thread to Ivan:
1) Add a refresh button to see updates to the launch immediately
2) Show the # of participants somewhere in the UI
3) Change the "Add Friends" feature to work in-game as gifting does. This one would be a huge plus, because people with private launches can simply "invite neighbors" to their launch and have a similar interface as with gifting. They would click "add friends", and then go to a UI that displays all their neighbors who have the respective color pad. They can then select as many neighbors as they want to join the launch, even if it's private. When the neighbor opens the game, they will get a popup stating that they have been invited to a launch, in which case they can either accept or decline. If they accept, they go through the normal resource check and go immediately to that launch.

I think these additions will make having private launches far more efficient, because there will no longer be a period where a launch must remain public for everyone to get on board. Also, the host would have a lot more information available, which of course is key to keeping out hijackers.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
That's the one I would want to stick to be honest. The refresh is useful also though, because things can easily change if you let a few seconds pass by without refreshing the UI.

I also like the private launch suggestion.

I would also like to see on the neighbor list an icon that shows when a neighbor has an open public launch. There is already an icon for neighbors in your alliance, neighbor's star ranking and neighbors that are sleeping. Grabbing this one additional piece of information would be great. I believe this would improve launch coordination and greater ability to assist smaller/younger neighbors.

This could be handled as you mention similar to the gifting UI, or as just an indicator. If just the indicator, then the appropriate launch pad in the neighbor's city would need to display the rocket and a new UI created for players to click the pad launch and join the launch.

I would also suggest that joining a launch this way could (or should?) cost slightly less giving an incentive for players to help smaller/newer players and giving these players an easier/cheaper method of joining launches earlier in the game play. I suggest this as joining a launch is usually a lower payout, except for hijackers, than creating a launch. in other words, the cost should reflect the possible reward.

Any thoughts?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

I would also like to see on the neighbor list an icon that shows when a neighbor has an open public launch. There is already an icon for neighbors in your alliance, neighbor's star ranking and neighbors that are sleeping. Grabbing this one additional piece of information would be great. I believe this would improve launch coordination and greater ability to assist smaller/younger neighbors.

This could be handled as you mention similar to the gifting UI, or as just an indicator. If just the indicator, then the appropriate launch pad in the neighbor's city would need to display the rocket and a new UI created for players to click the pad launch and join the launch.

I would also suggest that joining a launch this way could (or should?) cost slightly less giving an incentive for players to help smaller/newer players and giving these players an easier/cheaper method of joining launches earlier in the game play. I suggest this as joining a launch is usually a lower payout, except for hijackers, than creating a launch. in other words, the cost should reflect the possible reward.

Any thoughts?
It definitely would be more informative in regards to which neighbor is on the pad, but I fear that they will be resistant to such a change at this time because it would require quite the overhaul from how launches are currently handled. The icon idea would be awesome though.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*

Any thoughts?
It definitely would be more informative in regards to which neighbor is on the pad, but I fear that they will be resistant to such a change at this time because it would require quite the overhaul from how launches are currently handled. The icon idea would be awesome though.

It could be changed so that clicking on the MCC would allow you the ability to see and join any neighbor on an active launch on any of the three pads (assuming you had MCC3) instead of the current select your pad first and then choose to join a neighbor or to start your own.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It could be changed so that clicking on the MCC would allow you the ability to see and join any neighbor on an active launch on any of the three pads (assuming you had MCC3) instead of the current select your pad first and then choose to join a neighbor or to start your own.
Another great modification to his idea. Click one spot for all launches. It would eliminate the whole "I accidentally got on the wrong pad" fiasco that happens at times

Top Bottom