Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Request: New Section for Amazon game users = SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
Not sure if this is the right place for it or not, but here it goes:

It appears that anyone who downloaded Airport City game from Amazon App Store gets an android version of the game that is incompatible with the Google Play Store android version of the game.
As far as I can tell, users from Amazon have 8 digit friend codes, and users from Play have 7 or less digit friend codes.

Neither sets of users can add each other as friends.

Because they can't friend each other, we need a new section for Trading items for people from the Amazon store.

I should also mention that this is not a "Kindle" or "Kindle Fire" problem. I am using a Google Nexus 7 and I am unable to add friends with 7 or fewer digit friend codes, because I downloaded the game from Amazon App Store. (It just happens to be that on your kindle, you are probably downloading from amazon.)

Also, because this problem occurs on "Android" devices (my google nexus 7 is android), I suggest the existing section for Android users gets renamed. Here are my suggested section names:
Android - Google Play (6-7 digit friend code) - Airport City Item Trading

Android - Amazon (8 digit friend code) - Airport City Item Trading

I hope this can be done,

I am willing to make "Weekly" posts for item trading in the amazon section.

Thanks,
Veqryn

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
If you check your game version you should be able to tell which version you have loaded...

As far as I know the "Amazon" version is someting like V1.06 and the "google" version is V1.7X

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
v1.02 (only downloaded it 2 weeks ago)
regardless, we need a section for amazon store users, just as there are sections for ipad vs googleplay users

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
It is not a "kindle" version. Like I said above, I am using a Google Nexus 7, which is an Android device (one of the newest android devices actually).

I just happened to have downloaded airport city from Amazon, instead of Google Play. That appears to be the difference.

Maybe they are different version numbers of the same release track, or maybe they are on separate development cycles (like the difference between the google play android version vs the ipad version).

At least until it is possible for both sides to add each other as friends, we should have a separate forum section for Amazon people who want to friend each other and trade. (if it ever becomes possible for both sides to friend and trade, then we can always delete/combine that section)

If you are using a Google Nexus, and you have just started playing the game, why not start from a clean slate and download the latest Airport City from Google Play? Android devices are usually the first to get updates, then iPad, then probably Amazon version?

It's fun to start all over again, now that you already know some of the pitfalls and have forum members to help you get stuff you need. Trust me, if you don't have many friends, it's tough to progress fast(er).

If you cannot add tdv (y) , you are doomed in the next quest :mad:.

Reactions: tdv
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
Google Play is blocked where I am living. Amazon is the only route.

In addition, anyone who buys a device like a Kindle, which doesn't have google play, will be locked into using the Amazon version.

Hmmm, very interesting...
I have no idea that Google Play is blocked in some countries. Strange that Amazon Appstore is an alternative.
Where are you located anyway?

If you are interested, there is another way to install Airport City using the apk files (20+ mb).
You have to allow 3rd party installs on your Nexus.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
Dave
Thank you Dave,
My only complaint would be the name (Kindle Fire, instead of Amazon), but hey its still pretty awesome that you were able to make it so quick. Its great to have an active forum, with the web admins responding to the users so quickly!

Bali Hi
I may consider that in the future. Right now I'm level 16 and I really do not want to go back to level 1. Plus even if I did, the other amazon users who may not be able to do this would still need their own forum.
Ideally GI will patch things up so that both versions can talk to each other, then we can get rid of the new section, and I can start helping and trading with all the other android users.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
The name amazon we didnt use on purpose thanks to the alphabeatical structure...
Android is still main supplier of members, so it should stay on 1st in trading section was my idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom