Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Render an Airport City map as an image

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Is there such a thing as a map renderer for this game? I would like to be able to render my entire Airport City as a large PNG file regularly, but because I play on a mobile platform it would mean having to take many screenshots, clip out the game interface items for each one, then stitch them together into a single image. It is doable, but takes a lot of effort. It would be great if there was a simple way to render my entire map, either from the mobile app, or as a service on the Game Insight website, or even as a third-party service provided via API calls to the game data. (Cross-posted from Airport City Discord).

Attachments

• 210309_0704_ac-example-render.png
    210309_0704_ac-example-render.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 196

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Um, why; to script an automation utility? That is an assured way to be banned. ❌
The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I wouldn't even know where to begin doing such nefarious things. No, I just want to have a map of my Airport City that I can doodle on, for planning out new building placements ahead of time, etc. I'd want to keep updating it regualrly to match my current in-game city, so the background image would need to able to be refreshed easily.

The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I wouldn't even know where to begin doing such nefarious things. No, I just want to have a map of my Airport City that I can doodle on, for planning out new building placements ahead of time, etc. I'd want to keep updating it regualrly to match my current in-game city, so the background image would need to able to be refreshed easily.
I see, interesting. Well, nothing that I'm aware that's publicly exposed. You might have to get hired by G! or get lucky attending DevGAMM and befriending a developer but still odds are very low I'd imagine.

Otherwise, sounds like a lot of work but if graphically savvy could layer\overlay screenshots and maybe work in reverse (e.g. start with an advanced city for the full city grid, clear it, then build up using your layout? I dunno, seems like not much ROI.

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
I see, interesting. Well, nothing that I'm aware that's publicly exposed. You might have to get hired by G! or get lucky attending DevGAMM and befriending a developer but still odds are very low I'd imagine.

Otherwise, sounds like a lot of work but if graphically savvy could layer\overlay screenshots and maybe work in reverse (e.g. start with an advanced city for the full city grid, clear it, then build up using your layout? I dunno, seems like not much ROI.
Thanks for the input on this, @Maverick68. I have decided to move away from using the screenshot method, and I'm building my own map as a flat image, rather than an isometric view. I want to start planning out my build more, and adding such things as the bonus effect ranges for buildings, etc.

Attachments

• 210310_2053_my-city-map_wip1.png
    210310_2053_my-city-map_wip1.png
    33 KB · Views: 163
  • 210310_2053_my-city-map_wip1-render.png
    210310_2053_my-city-map_wip1-render.png
    9 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for the input on this, @Maverick68. I have decided to move away from using the screenshot method, and I'm building my own map as a flat image, rather than an isometric view. I want to start planning out my build more, and adding such things as the bonus effect ranges for buildings, etc.
Think others have utilized a spreadsheet in a similar way so might be another method worth a try; might be worth a search.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Is there such a thing as a map renderer for this game? I would like to be able to render my entire Airport City as a large PNG file regularly, but because I play on a mobile platform it would mean having to take many screenshots, clip out the game interface items for each one, then stitch them together into a single image. It is doable, but takes a lot of effort. It would be great if there was a simple way to render my entire map, either from the mobile app, or as a service on the Game Insight website, or even as a third-party service provided via API calls to the game data. (Cross-posted from Airport City Discord).
Ive wanted a way to see the whole city with the entire fleet lined up, like how a visitor would see it. Think that would tie in well with your idea

Top Bottom