Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Please Stop covering my game playing area

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I understand that you need to publicise promotions but having a second vertical row of large circular Icons appear on the left - coupled with exta icons on the right for extra game cash etc, but these cover up a large part of the game play area and make collecting a nightmare of constant scrolling around and frustration when they open because you have clicked something else too close to them. There are several ways that you could improve this.
  1. The icons at the bottom and on the right (store, speed up etc) are far larger than they need to be - since we use them regularly we know where they are and what they do - reduce these by half and I think they would all fit in one toolbar at the bottom of the screen. It could incorporate the occasional space launch reminder icon. (the time left becoming visible when you hover over it
  2. Now to deal with the Promotional ones - these should appear on one side only and be smaller than they are. With most of these we know right away if we are interested so making them optionally hideable would be great - they could re-appear briefly at set intervals to make sure thy are not accidentally overlooked
  3. Make the clickable areas more precise - this applies throughout the game to all clickable items.
  4. Reduce the width of the top information icons so they all fit on an average screen rather than like this example at 1680 x 1050 which is a pretty common widescreen setting on medium price range monitors
    upload_2016-3-16_7-51-48.png

5. Lastly PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an option to Expand/contract the whole game screen perhaps with a right click screen menu = "Large, Medium , Small" so that we don't have to change monitor settings to achieve it (doing that makes application switching difficult)
I do hope that these development ideas will be considered and maybe implemented at some stage.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
@gbswales

You can zoom in / out by holding down the shift key and left mouse button together and moving the mouse up and down.

It does not change the size of the Bars and Sidetasks, Launch etc, but does expand the playing area.

Regards
Harcourt

WOW - thanks for that tip - I must have tried all sorts of key combos except that one! It will make such a difference to my gameplay - though I would still like to get some of those boxes out of the way.

I understand that you need to publicise promotions but having a second vertical row of large circular Icons appear on the left - coupled with exta icons on the right for extra game cash etc, but these cover up a large part of the game play area and make collecting a nightmare of constant scrolling around and frustration when they open because you have clicked something else too close to them. There are several ways that you could improve this.
  1. The icons at the bottom and on the right (store, speed up etc) are far larger than they need to be - since we use them regularly we know where they are and what they do - reduce these by half and I think they would all fit in one toolbar at the bottom of the screen. It could incorporate the occasional space launch reminder icon. (the time left becoming visible when you hover over it
  2. Now to deal with the Promotional ones - these should appear on one side only and be smaller than they are. With most of these we know right away if we are interested so making them optionally hideable would be great - they could re-appear briefly at set intervals to make sure thy are not accidentally overlooked
  3. Make the clickable areas more precise - this applies throughout the game to all clickable items.
  4. Reduce the width of the top information icons so they all fit on an average screen rather than like this example at 1680 x 1050 which is a pretty common widescreen setting on medium price range monitors
    View attachment 2997
  5. Lastly PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an option to Expand/contract the whole game screen perhaps with a right click screen menu = "Large, Medium , Small" so that we don't have to change monitor settings to achieve it (doing that makes application switching difficult)
I do hope that these development ideas will be considered and maybe implemented at some stage.
I have the same problem with my game on a 1680 x 1050 screen. I have a whole convoluted process to go thru: I drag the game to my smaller screen (1600 x 900), and close the game. I re-open the game (it then opens on my smaller screen) and it looks proper - fuel under passengers. I then drag the game to my main screen, and it works and looks fine. Needless to say, I don't close my game often. :D:D:D

I have different problem for each device:
  • Everything looks too small on my Galaxy Nexus (have to squint to see the numbers).
  • The icons are too disproportionately big on my Nexus 7 tablet.
  • Everything looks just right on my Samsung Tab 8.9 (but the game is too slow on this 4 year old tablet).
  • Everything looks just right on the iPad2 (but the game hangs a few times a day)

Top Bottom